Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

An ONLINE SIMS game for PlayStation®4!?

I know that a lot of you are excited for the ps4 coming out in the holidays of 2013.. But what if EA/maxis decides to create a Sims-like game that is online for the console?

I hope I'm not the only one who is excited for what could be! :D

478216_orig.png

*** NOTE: I highlighted the word online because I thought EA/Maxis could do something new for a change (and maybe a little extra!) ***

Comments

• Options
    Angel_ZarrAngel_Zarr Posts: 4,489 Member
    edited February 2013
    I never really thought of this idea, but now I more excited! Can't wait for PS4! :D Already reserved ^^
  • Options
    MissFelixiaMissFelixia Posts: 1,164 New Member
    edited February 2013
    hmm ps4 could work. i say as long as work is even between PC and PS4 then why not. and each get more care and thought put into them then yeh.

if they just going to throw stuff out the door like some the sims 3 ones then i wont be buying 4 as much as i'd like to. just remember the ps4 and playstation network is a whole different kinda audience
  • Options
    Icy_LavaIcy_Lava Posts: 5,461 Member
    edited February 2013
    I don't think this is possible. And if it truly is online the focus would change to the PS4 version leaving the pc version in the dust. Besides, online games are lackluster and feature-light. Simply put, the resources are not available for this to be executed well.
  • Options
    NoogsterNoogster Posts: 627 Member
    edited February 2013
    Angel_Zarr wrote:
    I never really thought of this idea, but now I more excited! Can't wait for PS4! :D Already reserved ^^

We can reserve already? That's great news! :mrgreen:
    hmm ps4 could work. i say as long as work is even between PC and PS4 then why not. and each get more care and thought put into them then yeh.

if they just going to throw stuff out the door like some the sims 3 ones then i wont be buying 4 as much as i'd like to. just remember the ps4 and playstation network is a whole different kinda audience

I understand. but it's quite exciting to imagine my online friend's sim house beside mine, and I can visit them and interact with their sims.

think of it as a gorgeous, seamless The Sims Social, but actually online. :-)

• Options
    edited February 2013
    Icy_Lava wrote:
    I don't think this is possible. And if it truly is online the focus would change to the PS4 version leaving the pc version in the dust. Besides, online games are lackluster and feature-light. Simply put, the resources are not available for this to be executed well.

What if the game is exclusive to console only (Xbox & PlayStation)?

I can see that a whole wack-ton of people would go for the online version (*ahem* console) and that would leave the computer version in the dust. but if it was an exclusive game for console only, that would make EA a lot of money if you think about it. I'm sorry if I'm not making much sense, but It's just an exciting and thrilling topic for me.
  • Options
    ZerbuZerbu Posts: 3,457 Member
    edited February 2013
    If it's a console game, don't expect them to put much work into it. The console versions are always severely watered down.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    i haven't actually played Sims social. online doesn't interest me as much in the sims. that and if i can only play 1 sim then i wouldn't buy. also ps4 is a console aka no buy already. i dont even have a ps3 yet and at the moment its looking like ps4 is crash and burn its got no backwards comparability not even for the store. i playe with 10+ sims in my game and use mods.
    2EE5B2572F29A74A2D70027E390BB20D41FBFA56:D plus many people seem to be thinking about cost for sims 4 already :/
  • Options
    Angel_ZarrAngel_Zarr Posts: 4,489 Member
    edited February 2013
    Noogster wrote:
    Angel_Zarr wrote:

We can reserve already? That's great news! :mrgreen:

Yep, well here in Canada you can.
  • Options
    Icy_LavaIcy_Lava Posts: 5,461 Member
    edited February 2013
    Zerbu wrote:
    If it's a console game, don't expect them to put much work into it. The console versions are always severely watered down.
    Exactly.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    i haven't actually played Sims social. online doesn't interest me as much in the sims. that and if i can only play 1 sim then i wouldn't buy. also ps4 is a console aka no buy already. i dont even have a ps3 yet and at the moment its looking like ps4 is crash and burn its got no backwards comparability not even for the store. i playe with 10+ sims in my game and use mods.
    2EE5B2572F29A74A2D70027E390BB20D41FBFA56:D plus many people seem to be thinking about cost for sims 4 already :/

PS4? Crash and burning? Well, the graphics for the console itself is much much MUCH more updated, to look more like computer speculations.

Here is an example : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p16OgsvHEf0

I would assume there is plenty enough of room to play The Sims.

and as for when you said "and if i can only play 1 sim then i wouldn't buy" I completely agree. although I assume they would add a Single-Player, Multi-player menu or something like it.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Zerbu wrote:

Yeah, I've seen that. I got The Sims 3 for PS3 and I gotta say. the lighting in C.A.S and in-game looked better, but the textures looked badly rendered. But let's get positive guys! :) There is always that chance they might pull some extra strings.

• Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited February 2013
    Two words describe what is most likely: Crash. Burn.

The reason? Online console games are really, mostly, only popular if they're shooters. And there's already an online sims-like game that is massively popular anyway.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    hmm graphics are amazing but in my opinion no backward compatibility kills it. i might get one eventually but yeh psn games are expensive from £60-£75 maybe some at £50 if your lucky. my brother is complaining about it. for those who dont have a ps3 they now have to choose ps3 or ps4. personally am sticking to PC the only real gaming console
  • Options
    edited February 2013

The reason? Online console games are really, mostly, only popular if they're shooters. And there's already an online sims-like game that is massively popular anyway.

That doesn't necessarily mean it won't get it's big share in consumers.

And what game would that be?

p.s Second Life does not count, whatsoever! :wink:
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Noogster wrote:

That doesn't necessarily mean it won't get it's big share in consumers.

And what game would that be?

p.s Second Life does not count, whatsoever! :wink:

Yeah. A number of other people have said Second Life didn't count either. They're all bankrupt now. Think about that :wink:
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    @ MissFelixia
    Have you seen the informational video about more of the online in PS4?

I can send you a link if you haven't!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Noogster wrote:
    @ MissFelixia
    Have you seen the informational video about more of the online in PS4?

I can send you a link if you haven't!
    no i havent but i know its not psn anymore its about streaming and that stuff can download while playing games or play a game as you are downloading. dunno why everything wants to go online for -.-
  • Options
    MysteryJokerMysteryJoker Posts: 1,279 Member
    edited February 2013
    Yeah.... I predict Round 2 to have an even shorter lifespan than Round 1 did in 2003.
  • Options
    geekgirl101geekgirl101 Posts: 401 Member
    edited February 2013
    Sims Online is not an original idea, they had it for the PC a few years back but I dunno, I guess they were losing profits because it wasn't that good? I think the big problem was down to that everything was done at speed 1 so it was really, really, really slow. Watching your sims reading and going "hmm hmm hmm hmm hmm hmm hmm... aha!" for hours or making gnomes, gnomes, and more gnomes was just tedious. I think with a little creativity they could make an online sims game again where players actually interact with each other but it would need a lot of thought and feedback to avoid it being a boring disaster like the last one.
  • Options
    Luis_CarlosLuis_Carlos Posts: 228 Member
    edited February 2013
    I play sims social, and I can say sometimes visiting neigthbour´s house is lot of time to load, and it is only flash game, nothing about 3D graphics.

You should fogert about a sims online where you can load your friend´s town, because it is too much.

Other different thing could be a metaverse like Second Life... but I don´t like it very much because some adults could try date teenage players.
  • Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    edited February 2013
    I played TSO. (The sims online)

Once its online, it becomes a totally different game out of necessity.
    No families, no children, no control.

Second Life is a totally different game than the sims.

In second life you play an avatar, in the sims you manage a family or household. The sims is more like a truman show game only you pull the strings, or not if you so choose. I'll take a big pass on another online version of the sims for these reasons.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Sims Online is not an original idea, they had it for the PC a few years back but I dunno, I guess they were losing profits because it wasn't that good? I think the big problem was down to that everything was done at speed 1 so it was really, really, really slow. Watching your sims reading and going "hmm hmm hmm hmm hmm hmm hmm... aha!" for hours or making gnomes, gnomes, and more gnomes was just tedious. I think with a little creativity they could make an online sims game again where players actually interact with each other but it would need a lot of thought and feedback to avoid it being a boring disaster like the last one.

That was just one of the reasons. There were a few more, such as people forming online brothels and gangs, etc.
  • Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    edited February 2013
    That was just one of the reasons. There were a few more, such as people forming online brothels and gangs, etc.

Yes this exactly.

I don't think they took TSO offline only due to lack of popularity rather than they knew the environment had become toxic.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Vlaxitov wrote:

Yes this exactly.

I don't think they took TSO offline only due to lack of popularity rather than they knew the environment had become toxic.

Even though it may not be possible. but they could also make it like how it was designed inside The Sims 2 for console (Gamecube, etc.) where we could do split-screen (which is also hunky-dory for me!) :)