Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Elders Won't Use Canes?

Hey Simmers :P I was going to put this in the Generations thread but you know, not many people really go there anymore... :| Anyways, when I buy a cane for my elders, the only option they have is to give it as a gift to another Sim :? They don't use them at all. I am patched to level 1.48 so it's not the new patch... Can anyone help :? My elders need help to walk ! :P
grumpy-cat-lick.gif

Comments

• 10eliblue10eliblue Posts: 2,280 New Member
    edited February 2013
    Maybe click the Elder, then select "Start using Cane". Same with stopping it. Since the newest Patch, they look like Midgets using Canes.
  • Ralf453Ralf453 Posts: 1,158 Member
    edited February 2013
    10eliblue wrote:
    Maybe click the Elder, then select "Start using Cane". Same with stopping it. Since the newest Patch, they look like Midgets using Canes.

That's my problem, I don't have that option :| I can only see the interaction "Give Gift" :?
    grumpy-cat-lick.gif
  • 10eliblue10eliblue Posts: 2,280 New Member
    edited February 2013
    10eliblue wrote:
  • BarbieGirlyGirlBarbieGirlyGirl Posts: 4 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Dude we tried CLICKING THE ELDER obviously. Its still not working >_< :thumbdown:
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    edited August 2013
    Have you tried clicking on the cane itself? I think that's what you have to do. Then you get 2 options of how to have them walk with it - the Southern Gentleman Strut, and I don't remember what the other one is called, but it's the one where they obviously need the cane for support.
  • TerseRat5204TerseRat5204 Posts: 3,701 Member
    edited August 2013
    he said the only choice was give it as a gift

I to want to know this!

Banner%2BFor%2BSims.jpg

• ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited August 2013
    Dude we tried CLICKING THE ELDER obviously. Its still not working >_< :thumbdown:

Not sure if you ever needed to click on elder to make them use the cane, that said there is a more current issue with canes then this thread - fix should be just replace cane in inventory with new one

hTH