Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Handicaped Sims?

Comments

• Vietgirl_xoxoVietgirl_xoxo Posts: 7,142 Member
    edited July 2009
    Longknife wrote:
    jktee511 wrote:
    Hey, to me, Handicaped sims will raise the game to M.

We are not even supposed to talk about rated M content.

This is exactly why this thread is pathetic and I already reported it.

Then it'll be your fault when everyone even remotely involved with the debate gets banned.

HEY, I reported the thread not the people in here, they are only doing to delete the thread! :x
  • thecrazysimsgirlthecrazysimsgirl Posts: 13 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Longknife wrote:
    Well I'm going,
    Got PLACES TO GO :wink:, people to see...

Silly disabled person, you can't GO PLACES! :lol:
    You're disabled!

That's right!,oh I forgot..lol :mrgreen:
  • Alve227Alve227 Posts: 53 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Longknife wrote:
    mountanddo wrote:

Because this is a GAME not real life. It's supposed to be light and funny. That is why things like religion, politics and handicapped individuals are not in the game. Wouldn't it be fun if someone with AIDS was in the game? We could watch them take tons of pills and go to the hospital and then eventually die. Lots of people have AIDS so I would think they might be offended if a wheelchair or the ability to be blind or deaf was in the game and AIDS wasn't. Where do you stop? This game was never meant to be a "real life" simulator. Yes, it does simulate life but mostly unrealistic life like money trees and planting cheese and zapping yourself to the store. Should we take these things out of the game because they are unrealistic. I better say too that in case someone thinks I'm serious, I don't think AIDS should be in the game. (just in case)

Some might be offended by this but if there were wheelchairs in the game I might be tempted to push the poor sim into the pool and watch them die. Not because I would do that in real life but because it's funny and that is why I play this game.

OK OK hold up...

Let me start off by saying that when I opened up this thread and saw the comments on the first page, my first thought was "here we go again..."

So I'm going to run through your post and answer all your little comments real quick.

First off, if you are disabled it does not mean "something is wrong with you." It wasn't an illness or accident neccesarily. A good portion of it comes from birth, and citing something someone has had since birth as a defect is just ridiculous; it'd be the same as me saying something's wrong with you because you don't have three eyes and can't experience having three eyes: What do you care? You've never known what it's like to have three eyes. Two eyes is who you are.

Second, I'mma be a lot more blunt than I was in the last thread:

Those of you saying "it might offend someone" I see as extremely ignorant on the subject matter. You're talking about the disabled as if they're alien life forms with their own culture and ways of life, so we need to approach them with caution and understanding. The fact is....they're ******* people. They're the same as anyone else, cept a body part or sense is missing. Viewing them as a totally different group IS just ignorance, and it's a mistake. What do you think would happen if you approached a group of black people with the same cautious-about-offending and overly-understanding tone, as if they were aliens? They'd call you freaking racist, and they'd say "I'm black, not from Mars, god **** it."

Third, I challenge you to find ONE disabled person who would be offended by depictions of Sims in wheelchairs burning to death. It is no different than the offense you take to Sims with two legs and all five senses burning to death; you've gotta be kidding yourself if you think all people in wheelchairs have this brotherly bond, and also being disabled gives them 80% more sensitivity, so they ABSOLUTELY DO NOT like seeing depictions of "their kind" dying. Their personalities are the same as the able-bodied, and their views on Sims dying on the Sims are the same. You've GOT to be ******* kidding me if you think there's this TOTALLY different world the disabled live in. xD It's called Earth. You live there too.

Also, I honestly don't care if you even manage to find one. There's plenty of self-pitying disabled who WOULD get offended, but only because people like you GIVE them pity, which sub-conciously encourages them to throw a pity party. The disabled, whether it's from birth or from an illness or from a war, do NOT need lifelong pity. (I say lifelong cause anyone would get pity after surgery. Anyone deserves that) They need to be treated like everyone else.

And last, let me cite a paradox that came up in the last arguement like this.
    Those arguing against it were crying about how the disabled are always pitying themselves and whining and throwing a big fit over little things while other groups can just deal with it. One woman said her unique skin color was unavaliable in game too (nevermind that she should be able to make any skin tone with enough fiddling), and yet she doesn't whine and cry discrimination, because she is able to look at her minority trait and laugh about it, and she doesn't sulk and whine about it.
    At the same time, she was arguing that the handicapped are victims, and are not to be made fun of. Victims deserve pure, undying pity, and it would be sick to laugh at a victim, as that is the same as kicking somebody while they're down.

Do you see the paradox here? I, as a disabled person, WANT to be able to laugh at myself too. Pretty sure I do it every day, regardless of what she says. Yet, because I do it, she says my views on the matter are WRONG. Now, let's say I were to listen to her, change my ways, and start pitying myself and feeling sorry for myself. OH WAIT, SHI-! She has something against that too!! Not being able to laugh at yourself and accept yourself for who you are is also a mistake in her book! 🐸🐸🐸🐸!?! How do we solve this??

The answer is that EVERY person should be able to laugh at themselves and accept themselves for who they are. The disabled are no different, and pitying them will NEVER allow them to be able to do this; it just turns them into whiners who love feeling sorry for themselves and expect the world of every able-bodied person.

So honestly? I'm 100% for including them in game, and I think you SHOULD be, too. Not just I disagree, I think you're flat-out wrong. You're viewing the disabled as alien beings who have a different culture and way of dealing with social situations, but 🐸🐸🐸🐸 they're human.

And if you still disagree with me, I may have to beat you down with my fake leg, until it knocks some sense into you.

IMG000078.jpg

I'm so glad there are smart real people that are not swallow in this forum.
  • GoddessNoireGoddessNoire Posts: 769 New Member
    edited July 2009
    jktee511 wrote:

This is exactly why this thread is pathetic and I already reported it.

I am like..alone in my house, doing nothing and..this thread seems to be entertaining me.

you know what vietgirl someone should report your signature for being suggestive. If you can't take this forum or a discussion leave and don't post.
  • c0op3rc0op3r Posts: 58 New Member
    edited July 2009
    cool
  • Birkettboy55Birkettboy55 Posts: 363 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Longknife wrote:
    I personaly would love a depressive trait.

I mean even if I am my self Bi Pola and not personally frond of them when they happen, they are a nice feature to the personality!

So is OCD! that would be an interesting and nice feature. Maybe not marketing it as that but still.

Im Bi Pola, OCD and suffer from a mild muscle dystrophy... I would prefer this to any 'Magic' EP idea

I have OCD too and I'd rather my Sims not waste their time doing the things I waste my time doing.

This made me laugh. xD

Ahah true, I have to admit trying to walk through a door so that there feet dont touch the center line of the door... would get a bit too repetitive :p

But i would like the option, since, I can just about live with it? If it my sim... cant I live it the way I live? :?
  • Panther00567Panther00567 Posts: 2,704 New Member
    edited July 2009
    One question? Why would I want my sims to have a depressed trait? I wouldn't want to inflict that on my poor simmies... I've already have enough of that in real life to know how bad it is.

edited July 2009
    Panther because for some reason, real life is not enough for these dolts. They think having depressed or handicapped sims would be GREAT. Being handicapped and being depressed is a game. Hmmm, maybe your sims can get so depressed and commit suicide that would be so realistic :roll:
  • Alve227Alve227 Posts: 53 New Member
    edited July 2009
    jktee511 wrote:

How would that make the game M then?
  • Silver16Silver16 Posts: 2,014 New Member
    edited July 2009
    you know what vietgirl someone should report your signature for being suggestive. If you can't take this forum or a discussion leave and don't post.
    The irony of you suggesting someone else's signature should be reported, Miss Wall of Text Siggie;
    - Confine your signature to three lines or less. Keep the content of your post easy on the eyes and focused. Having a lengthy signature distracts and clutters the board.
  • Arturius27Arturius27 Posts: 1,541 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Panther because for some reason, real life is not enough for these dolts. They think having depressed or handicapped sims would be GREAT. Being handicapped and being depressed is a game. Hmmm, maybe your sims can get so depressed and commit suicide that would be so realistic :roll:

Challenge. repeat it with me.

C-H-A-L-L-E-N-G-E

The world is not just sunshine and happy thoughts. Why should a SIMulation of life be different?
  • LongknifeLongknife Posts: 771 New Member
    edited July 2009
    It shouldn't be allowed because it's trying to make a game out of a real disability that is neither a game nor fun.

See when you say that, you imply disabled people are NEVER fun, nor do they ever HAVE fun.

Which is bull. In high school, I used to rent out my fake leg to people who were going to get into a fight. For a small fee, they could use it for the duration of their fight. I made a fair amount of money!

I once had a fake leg where, they tried simulating skin on it so it would look real, but apparently their budget was really lacking in that department.
    Pantyhose. They stuck freaking pantyhose on it and tried to tell me it was to simulate a normal skin tone and texture. So thanks to them, I got to walk around for two years looking like a crossdresser. If you can't laugh at that, something's wrong with you.

And don't even get me started on all the people who wanted to learn how to pop a wheelie and failed epically.

I'm not protecting any disabled community. As I stated in all my posts I could give a rat's *** about you or any other member of the disability community not being offended. The fact that i'm offended is all that matters.

Well I'm glad to hear you still have enough love to share with yourself. :-o

You know, I don't know if i'm really offended by a kid burning a handicapped sim either but I would be offened by EA trying to make a down syndrome kid that can't talk or can't read. I'm more worried about what EA would think is handicapped. Should the disabled kids get the short bus to the special school? Should they grow up and have to live with their parents until they die? I mean how could EA reasonably portray a handicap with any decency.

Again, you're implying disabled people can't have a decent living and have no dignity.

I don't wanna argue, but...Last time I checked, Stephen Hawking was pretty important for theoretical physics. He was also portrayed in Futurama, a comedy show, and no one was offended then.

You can't walk and yet you wanna play someone in simland who cant walk either? Don't you think that hits a little too close to home? Would you want EA to make the sim who can't walk have to **** in a bag or have some severe christopher reeves paralysis? What's your problem? Your real life handicap aint enough for you. Get a life longknife.

Who said I couldn't walk? xD

I posted a picture of a fake leg, ffs. What, do you think I own it just for fun??
    edited July 2009
    And as I tried pointing out, but Goddess refused to play into my post and wen on that weird rant about black not existing in game, what the able-bodied community is doing to the disabled community here could easily be compared to a white community "protecting" a black one. The white community just insists "Don't worry, we're defending you from racism with this decision. Trust us! :-o " but in the end the black community is left feeling pretty ****** off.
    I'm not protecting any disabled community. As I stated in all my posts I could give a rat's *** about you or any other member of the disability community not being offended. The fact that i'm offended is all that matters.

Im sorry? that confused me?

So if a certan group of Racists had a car parked and a person they didnt like accsidently scratched there car... what your saying indicates that the Raciest should be more angry at the person who scratched the car then the rascal group should be at the racist?

Sorry, thats what it seemed like

edited July 2009
    Silver16 wrote:
    The irony of you suggesting someone else's signature should be reported, Miss Wall of Text Siggie;
    - Confine your signature to three lines or less. Keep the content of your post easy on the eyes and focused. Having a lengthy signature distracts and clutters the board.

lol it's not that big
  • real_cutiereal_cutie Posts: 1,749 Member
    edited July 2009

do you live in lala land or what??
  • MsCocoa30MsCocoa30 Posts: 388 New Member
    edited July 2009

I've been shifting through your replies and I have avoided responding to any of your posts up until now. However, I can't bite my tongue anymore. You need to 🐸🐸🐸🐸! You make absolutely no sense whatsoever. You have a very closed mind and all you do is name call. If you are trying to get a point across, it has gone WAY over everyone's head as the only point you have clearly conveyed is your ignorance. I tell you this out of concern as I don't want you to further embarrass yourself.
  • LongknifeLongknife Posts: 771 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Longknife wrote:
    I personaly would love a depressive trait.

I mean even if I am my self Bi Pola and not personally frond of them when they happen, they are a nice feature to the personality!

So is OCD! that would be an interesting and nice feature. Maybe not marketing it as that but still.

Im Bi Pola, OCD and suffer from a mild muscle dystrophy... I would prefer this to any 'Magic' EP idea

I have OCD too and I'd rather my Sims not waste their time doing the things I waste my time doing.

This made me laugh. xD

Ahah true, I have to admit trying to walk through a door so that there feet dont touch the center line of the door... would get a bit too repetitive :p

But i would like the option, since, I can just about live with it? If it my sim... cant I live it the way I live? :?

"Your Sim was late for work because he was trying to conquer the door."

See, THAT sounds more fun to me than the current game, where your sim can be a total doofus, but gosh darn he's in a good mood when he goes to work, so certainly he must be qualified to be a rich and famous Trauma Surgeon!

Yeah, ok...
  • SweetestDrugSweetestDrug Posts: 5,406 New Member
    edited July 2009
    lol it's not that big
    ohai.
    edited July 2009

Who mentioned the suicide aspect of the game?

Who said it would be that bad?

You must have added that idea to it at some point, Coz we didnt? :?
  • Vietgirl_xoxoVietgirl_xoxo Posts: 7,142 Member
    edited July 2009
    MsCocoa30 wrote:

I've been shifting through your replies and I have avoided responding to any of your posts up until now. However, I can't bite my tongue anymore. You need to 🐸🐸🐸🐸! You make absolutely no sense whatsoever. You have a very closed mind and all you do is name call. If you are trying to get a point across, it has gone WAY over everyone's head as the only point you have clearly conveyed is your ignorance. I tell you this out of concern as I don't want you to further embarrass yourself.

You're awesome! :thumbup:
  • HayluuHayluu Posts: 217 New Member
    edited July 2009
    guys guys! we shouldn't rush things! if all these things we wished are in the sims 3, then we won't leave anything for 10 :P
    but it's a good idea though, I want to have a differnt sim with a disabbility, it'll be more challenging
  • mountanddomountanddo Posts: 130 New Member
    edited July 2009

I remember a time in the sims online when EA took out the action to dip kiss without your permission. There were tons of threads created about how people just felt like they were sim ***** when that happened and to them it was just as tramatizing as being ***** in real life. It got so bad that finally Maxis took it out. If there are people out there that compare a fake pixil dip kiss as tramatic as being ***** in real life imagine what people would do with this. This thread is so stupid and asinine. Like GoddesNoire said to be realistic enough for those who want this suicide would have to be an option if someone had the depressed trait and how would that look to EA. I can see the headlines now.

SIM COMMITTED SUICIDE BY FIREPLACE FIRE

Last night a consumer was casually playing the game "The Sims 3" when all of a sudden the sim ran up to the fireplace, lit it and craweled in. Why, you ask? Well some dumb* wanted handicapped features in the game and EA finally conceded. While it was funny at the time, the laughter stopped when the player couldn't handle the lose of her sim and committed suicide herself.

TRUST ME IT WILL HAPPEN.
  • mountanddomountanddo Posts: 130 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Longknife wrote:
    It shouldn't be allowed because it's trying to make a game out of a real disability that is neither a game nor fun.

See when you say that, you imply disabled people are NEVER fun, nor do they ever HAVE fun.

Which is bull. In high school, I used to rent out my fake leg to people who were going to get into a fight. For a small fee, they could use it for the duration of their fight. I made a fair amount of money!

I once had a fake leg where, they tried simulating skin on it so it would look real, but apparently their budget was really lacking in that department.
    Pantyhose. They stuck freaking pantyhose on it and tried to tell me it was to simulate a normal skin tone and texture. So thanks to them, I got to walk around for two years looking like a crossdresser. If you can't laugh at that, something's wrong with you.

And don't even get me started on all the people who wanted to learn how to pop a wheelie and failed epically.

Well I'm glad to hear you still have enough love to share with yourself. :-o

You know, I don't know if i'm really offended by a kid burning a handicapped sim either but I would be offened by EA trying to make a down syndrome kid that can't talk or can't read. I'm more worried about what EA would think is handicapped. Should the disabled kids get the short bus to the special school? Should they grow up and have to live with their parents until they die? I mean how could EA reasonably portray a handicap with any decency.

Again, you're implying disabled people can't have a decent living and have no dignity.

I don't wanna argue, but...Last time I checked, Stephen Hawking was pretty important for theoretical physics. He was also portrayed in Futurama, a comedy show, and no one was offended then.

You can't walk and yet you wanna play someone in simland who cant walk either? Don't you think that hits a little too close to home? Would you want EA to make the sim who can't walk have to **** in a bag or have some severe christopher reeves paralysis? What's your problem? Your real life handicap aint enough for you. Get a life longknife.

Who said I couldn't walk? xD

I posted a picture of a fake leg, ffs. What, do you think I own it just for fun??

What you find "fun" I find immature.
    edited July 2009
    Longknife wrote:

I'm not saying that people with a disability can't have fun. That was not the implication. I'm talking about the disability itself. Let me put it to you this way longknife, how would you feel if you saw someone who had two perfectly working legs wheeling himself in a wheelchair or walking around with a fake leg because they think it's funny or they wanted to be disabled for a day. I think that would be offensive because they would have no idea what it would be like to really live that way for the rest of their life. The disability is what i'm talking about, now what you do in your life. That's how I feel about EA trying to make a disabled sim. It's just not cool, even if the sim could be a scientist like stephen hawking, I don't think about wheeling myself around in a wheelchair and attaching a synthetheic mod to my throat and quoting crap about black holes would be cool.

edited July 2009
    Hayluu wrote:
    guys guys! we shouldn't rush things! if all these things we wished are in the sims 3, then we won't leave anything for 10 :P
    but it's a good idea though, I want to have a differnt sim with a disabbility, it'll be more challenging

I have a feeling someones going to attack this person for no reason as they did me...

I repeate, we dont want the worse features, were not evil blood lustering people. Just living the real world. However **** it is..

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top