Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Handicaped Sims?

Comments

• Options
    Vietgirl_xoxoVietgirl_xoxo Posts: 7,142 Member
    edited July 2009
    Longknife wrote:
    OKAAAY, you know what? I am here to say that this is getting wayy to personal!

I think so too, and I'm really only continuing the arguement about the black sims because I'm curious as hell as to what the crap she's talking about...

I've asked if she meant black literally, she said no, and I asked if she meant black culturally, and she said no.

Well, I'm stumped. :(

I am wondering that too!

:thumbup:
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Longknife wrote:
    Longknife wrote:
    Nope, my arguement is quite valid.

The dark skin toned Sims are obviously a Sim version of the real-life black community. I'm beginning to wonder if it's all not just clever way to allow the player to be racist and burn all dark skin-toned sims.

Therefore, I request the dark skin tone be removed from the game immediately. It's offensive to me to see the sim equivalent of a black person in such tragic situations depicted so comically. I'm only looking out for the good of the black community when I make this request, obviously.

You're clearly delusional. EA does not make any black community sims. I can make my sim with dark skin and purple eyes and blue hair, that doesn't mean he or she is african american or black. Get your thick head straight. The sims are sims, there is no race of sim, you make your sim the way you want. Your point is invalid because of this. This is a stupid argument, clearly you want handicap sims in your game. I don't because logically it's stupid. What's next, let your sims die of cancer or some other horrific disease. Because real life is not enough for you idiots you want to play a game based on someone who has has a handicap? I wonder will EA depict the guy in the wheel chair or some other disability needing a caretaker to wipe his butt and change his pee bag, hmmm that not real enough for you?

It does not matter if the depiction of the black community is accurate or not; it offends me!

Since it offends me it should not be allowed in the game. Period. Even people who want to make use of the skin tone feature shouldn't be allowed to use it, because it offends ME. :x

There are no black sims. There isn't one sim that is black in that game. And if you can find one, I dare ask you how do you know that Sim is black? because it has dark skin? get real LOL. So sad how we americans are, obsessed with race to the point that they think a game like the Sims depicts real life race relations

*facepalm*
  • Options
    mountanddomountanddo Posts: 130 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I personaly would love a depressive trait.

I mean even if I am my self Bi Pola and not personally frond of them when they happen, they are a nice feature to the personality!

So is OCD! that would be an interesting and nice feature. Maybe not marketing it as that but still.

Im Bi Pola, OCD and suffer from a mild muscle dystrophy... I would prefer this to any 'Magic' EP idea

I personally work with individuals that have Bi Polar disorder, OCD and Personality Disorder. I find it very stressful and that would be the last thing I want to play in a game after dealing with it all day long. Hey, why don't we put people that have alsheimers (not spelled correctly I know) in the game. That would be hilarious.
  • Options
    real_cutiereal_cutie Posts: 1,749 Member
    edited July 2009
    mountanddo wrote:

I mean even if I am my self Bi Pola and not personally frond of them when they happen, they are a nice feature to the personality!

So is OCD! that would be an interesting and nice feature. Maybe not marketing it as that but still.

Im Bi Pola, OCD and suffer from a mild muscle dystrophy... I would prefer this to any 'Magic' EP idea

I personally work with individuals that have Bi Polar disorder, OCD and Personality Disorder. I find it very stressful and that would be the last thing I want to play in a game after dealing with it all day long. Hey, why don't we put people that have alsheimers (not spelled correctly I know) in the game. That would be hilarious.

uhhh thats mean. my grandfather had Alzheimer’s and died.....
  • Options
    mountanddomountanddo Posts: 130 New Member
    edited July 2009
    real_cutie wrote:
    mountanddo wrote:

uhhh thats mean. my grandfather had althemiers and died.....

THAT is exactly my point. My brother-in-law committed suicide and he had Bi Polar disorder. I was being sarcastic with the hilarious part if no one got that.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    oh...k
  • Options
    Birkettboy55Birkettboy55 Posts: 363 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Sorry if people are getting annoyed :/

You see I am Bi Pola, and not mildely :p

and I do have OCD and again, not mieldly

I think that just not including it to the exstent that people are talking about, just bacuse it ventures to the extent of suiside, we should not deny the fact it happens?

I just hope you understand that I am taking from my own personal experiance of this from MY perosnal opinion I would Like to see these things to a dimmed extent.

Why do we think we are going to involve suiside?

Who mentioned that??
  • Options
    LongknifeLongknife Posts: 771 New Member
    edited July 2009
    mountanddo wrote:

I couldn't care less if all the handicapped people wouldn't be offended by this. If an African American posted and said "We should have hangings because my dad was hung and I wouldn't be offended by that" Should that be allowed in the game just because a minut percentage of African Americans aren't offended by that.

How are we minut? I have yet to see a single disabled person say they are adamantly against the idea. We're like 99.99% for it. That's hardly minut, and that's the problem: although we're so unbelievably for it, the able-bodied insist the OPTION to have disabled sims shouldn't even be allowed, even though they themselves wouldn't even have to use that option.
    And as I tried pointing out, but Goddess refused to play into my post and wen on that weird rant about black not existing in game, what the able-bodied community is doing to the disabled community here could easily be compared to a white community "protecting" a black one. The white community just insists "Don't worry, we're defending you from racism with this decision. Trust us! :-o " but in the end the black community is left feeling pretty ****** off.

And for the record? I'm far more offended by your comments and those of others who posted here than I ever would be by some twelve-year-old in the middle of nowhere playing the Sims 3 and burning a disabled sim that's not even me, all of which I would be totally oblivious to. Second one doesn't even offend me, first one actually does a bit.

For those of you that are handicapped did you choose to be that way? If you had a choice would you be handicapped? Probably not so quit trying to shove it in a game that is supposed to be entertaining NOT REALISTIC. You want a option in the game for a very limited percentage of the 1.4 million (probably more now) people that have purchased the game.

Yes, I would. Why? Because this is me. I was BORN this way. I don't even HAVE a concept of what it's like to have two legs, as I've NEVER experienced it. There's absolutely nothing wrong with having one leg, and there are just as many benefits from it as there are disadvantages.

More importantly, I strongly believe in playing with the cards life dealt you, and not ******* and moaning about how unfair your cards are, instead of TRYING to play with them and make something out of them. I lose respect for people who have plastic surgery for this very reason, for example. I feel as though they're quitting and saying "something's wrong with me" instead of standing up proudly for who they are and finding a way to win the game of life anyways.
    We can't even get friggin' objects in the game. Do you think EA is really going to sit up in their executive offices and say "Hey we should add handicapped sims to the game because it would be much more fair to our customer base"

No one said we were expecting it, but it is a good idea to raise their awareness of it if we ever stand a chance.

Longknife you sound like you have quite a bit of pented up anger. I suggest you download the Postal game and play that through before you come back on the forums.

How? I've been laughing my *** off throughout this entire thread. I've yet to hear a good arguement against it and all you guys do is moan and complain and repeat yourselves, oblivious to the errors in your own arguements. I'm not saying there's NOT a good counter-point to the arguement I'm behind; I'm just saying this is one pathetic debate because I'm barely hearing squat from the other side other than arguements that can be shot down immediately and really petty insults.

Also I've asked twenty times now why we can't simply have the option and you guys can choose not to use it and not once have you all answered me. You sit there claiming it offends YOU, as if you are the Grand Queen of the world and we should never disobey your will.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    This is a stupid debate, quit it already!

This thread will probably get deleted anyways!
  • Options
    GoddessNoireGoddessNoire Posts: 769 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Dont' be stupid longknife, you're the one who mentioned black sims first, referring to a RACE of people. I told there is no race of blacks in the game, EA did not make a race at all. If the game was based on race, there would be no red, blue, or green sims because that obviously does not exist racially, so your argument that EA has added black people to the game to cover all their basis is stupid.

If you want a one legged sim hopping around on your pc then by all means post your little heart out to EA because for some reason your own disability which you poured out to the forum is not real enough for you but you gotta play it in a game too LOL.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Dont' be stupid longknife, you're the one who mentioned black sims first, referring to a RACE of people. I told there is no race of blacks in the game, EA did not make a race at all. If the game was based on race, there would be no red, blue, or green sims because that obviously does not exist racially, so your argument that EA has added black people to the game to cover all their basis is stupid.

If you want a one legged sim hopping around on your pc then by all means post your little heart out to EA because for some reason your own disability which you poured out to the forum is not real enough for you but you gotta play it in a game too LOL.

whooaa chill out
  • Options
    7Deadly5ins7Deadly5ins Posts: 524 Member
    edited July 2009

I have OCD too and I'd rather my Sims not waste their time doing the things I waste my time doing.
  • Options
    Alve227Alve227 Posts: 53 New Member
    edited July 2009
    iJai wrote:
    I'm glad there isn't. Take that as insensitive, offensive, whatever, but I'm glad the Sims isn't real life. I enjoy playing a game. I wouldn't enjoy playing a life simulator. It's not a handicap thing, there are millions of things/issues that I'm glad are not in the Sims. I'm sorry for those of you outraged, offended, and/or find it morally objectionable certain real life concepts are purposely left out of the game, but realize the Sims is not real life, please stop trying to make it so.

I think there are alot of people here that would simply like to have the option, most especial if they live with disability themselves. I'm pretty sure that people realize its not real life and that's insult to think other wise.
  • Options
    Arturius27Arturius27 Posts: 1,541 New Member
    edited July 2009

Internet anonymity...the birth of ethugs like you.

I don't care if i get banned for this but 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and 🐸🐸🐸🐸. Longknife is a better person than u will ever be.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    real_cutie wrote:

whooaa chill out

Why should she?

Seriously I didn't even understand the italic part, so I dunno how I could get offended by it. xD

Never poured it out in a sappy story. That's not me. I joke about losing my leg in a fight to the death with the birth control pill while trying to be born. And the part about not real enough is just weird, like her comments on the black sims.

She continue to say what she wants. The fact that she's trying to insult me doesn't help her arguement, anyways. Quite the opposite. xD
  • Options
    edited July 2009

I have OCD too and I'd rather my Sims not waste their time doing the things I waste my time doing.

This made me laugh. xD

• Options
    edited July 2009
    Longknife wrote:
    real_cutie wrote:

whooaa chill out

Why should she?

Seriously I didn't even understand the italic part, so I dunno how I could get offended by it. xD

Never poured it out in a sappy story. That's not me. I joke about losing my leg in a fight to the death with the birth control pill while trying to be born. And the part about not real enough is just weird, like her comments on the black sims.

She continue to say what she wants. The fact that she's trying to insult me doesn't help her arguement, anyways. Quite the opposite. xD

but still. she should have some respect. i mean really
  • Options
    jktee511jktee511 Posts: 7,501 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Hey, to me, Handicaped sims will raise the game to M.

We are not even supposed to talk about rated M content.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    jktee511 wrote:

Because missing a limb is totally sexual and dirty, am I right? 8)

• Options
    Alve227Alve227 Posts: 53 New Member
    edited July 2009
    :) i Think That Having i Handicapped Sims In The Sims Game Would Be Quite A Good idea Seeing That It Would Make Everyone Feel Involved In the Game. No One Is Perfect , We try to make our sims the "ideal person" , everyone is not like that. also i think having this in the game would be a good experience for people who are not handicapped could maybe experience what it is like for them. (:

i agree with you and look how long it took ea to make descent overweight people.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    jktee511 wrote:

This is exactly why this thread is pathetic and I already reported it.

I am like..alone in my house, doing nothing and..this thread seems to be entertaining me.
  • Options
    MsCocoa30MsCocoa30 Posts: 388 New Member
    edited July 2009
    jktee511 wrote:

Being Bi-polar/having a physical disability makes one rated M? Now I've heard everything. As I stated before ignorance is BLISS....
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    jktee511 wrote:

This is exactly why this thread is pathetic and I already reported it.

Then it'll be your fault when everyone even remotely involved with the debate gets banned.
  • Options
    MsCocoa30MsCocoa30 Posts: 388 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Having a disability of my own, as I have stated before, The Sims 3 has over sixty personality traits. And, actually, if you look closely disability is somewhat featured. For instance if you make an Ambitious, Neurotic, Artistic, Daredevil, Insane Sim, there you have it...a Bi-polar Sim.
  • Options
    GoddessNoireGoddessNoire Posts: 769 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Longknife wrote:
    How are we minut? I have yet to see a single disabled person say they are adamantly against the idea. We're like 99.99% for it. That's hardly minut, and that's the problem: although we're so unbelievably for it, the able-bodied insist the OPTION to have disabled sims shouldn't even be allowed, even though they themselves wouldn't even have to use that option.

It shouldn't be allowed because it's trying to make a game out of a real disability that is neither a game nor fun. You think a person who has cerebral palsy wants have a sim that has to go through the same thing they do? And again should EA make diaper bags and **** bags for the severly disabled. Let's make it really realistic, with the family having to pour the finances and souls into caring for someone is disablied. I'll raise the stakes even more LETS petition Ea to make the kids so handicapped that they cant move or walk or talk because after all that happens in real life right. Or do we want to pick and choose what disorders and disabilities are okay?
    And as I tried pointing out, but Goddess refused to play into my post and wen on that weird rant about black not existing in game, what the able-bodied community is doing to the disabled community here could easily be compared to a white community "protecting" a black one. The white community just insists "Don't worry, we're defending you from racism with this decision. Trust us! :-o " but in the end the black community is left feeling pretty ****** off.

I'm not protecting any disabled community. As I stated in all my posts I could give a rat's *** about you or any other member of the disability community not being offended. The fact that i'm offended is all that matters.

And for the record? I'm far more offended by your comments and those of others who posted here than I ever would be by some twelve-year-old in the middle of nowhere playing the Sims 3 and burning a disabled sim that's not even me, all of which I would be totally oblivious to. Second one doesn't even offend me, first one actually does a bit.

You know, I don't know if i'm really offended by a kid burning a handicapped sim either but I would be offened by EA trying to make a down syndrome kid that can't talk or can't read. I'm more worried about what EA would think is handicapped. Should the disabled kids get the short bus to the special school? Should they grow up and have to live with their parents until they die? I mean how could EA reasonably portray a handicap with any decency.

Yes, I would. Why? Because this is me. I was BORN this way. I don't even HAVE a concept of what it's like to have two legs, as I've NEVER experienced it. There's absolutely nothing wrong with having one leg, and there are just as many benefits from it as there are disadvantages.

More importantly, I strongly believe in playing with the cards life dealt you, and not ******* and moaning about how unfair your cards are, instead of TRYING to play with them and make something out of them. I lose respect for people who have plastic surgery for this very reason, for example. I feel as though they're quitting and saying "something's wrong with me" instead of standing up proudly for who they are and finding a way to win the game of life anyways.

No one said we were expecting it, but it is a good idea to raise their awareness of it if we ever stand a chance.

How? I've been laughing my *** off throughout this entire thread. I've yet to hear a good arguement against it and all you guys do is moan and complain and repeat yourselves, oblivious to the errors in your own arguements. I'm not saying there's NOT a good counter-point to the arguement I'm behind; I'm just saying this is one pathetic debate because I'm barely hearing squat from the other side other than arguements that can be shot down immediately and really petty insults.

Also I've asked twenty times now why we can't simply have the option and you guys can choose not to use it and not once have you all answered me. You sit there claiming it offends YOU, as if you are the Grand Queen of the world and we should never disobey your will.

You can't walk and yet you wanna play someone in simland who cant walk either? Don't you think that hits a little too close to home? Would you want EA to make the sim who can't walk have to **** in a bag or have some severe christopher reeves paralysis? What's your problem? Your real life handicap aint enough for you. Get a life longknife.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top