Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Roommates - please help.

I updated to University patch (1.50) and I asked my best friend to be my roommate, and she accepted, but now I have no idea how to move her out!
Can anyone help me, please? :cry:

Comments

• MilutinMujovicMilutinMujovic Posts: 1,188 Member
    edited February 2013
    bump
  • PixieStixPixieStix Posts: 1,956 Member
    edited February 2013
    There should be an option to kick her out, possibly would be in the mean section of interactions though and might damage the friendship level a little :/
    LadySmitanbanner_zps7eszqcmq.jpg
    YouTube:Lady Smitan Twitter:@LadySmitan Gallery:LadySmitan
  • hairdyehairdye Posts: 417 Member
    edited February 2013
    Wait there's an option to ask someone to be your room mate? Where is the option located?
    edited February 2013
    hairdye wrote:
    Wait there's an option to ask someone to be your room mate? Where is the option located?

You have to be at a certain level of friendship before the option appears it should be around the same time as the ask to move in interaction appears :) You have to have the patch installed though (1.50)
  • MilutinMujovicMilutinMujovic Posts: 1,188 Member
    edited February 2013
    I can't find option to kick her anywhere. :(
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited February 2013
    When you restart your game, the roomate will be added to the household. Then you can have him/her move out normally using the phone or computer. This is probably a bug that will be resolved once University is released.
  • julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    edited February 2013
    IceyJ wrote:
    When you restart your game, the roomate will be added to the household. Then you can have him/her move out normally using the phone or computer. This is probably a bug that will be resolved once University is released.

I Wonder what will happen for people who are NOT getting University
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited February 2013
    IceyJ wrote:

Is there a thread on this issue somewhere ? If so, can you point me to it ?
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    edited February 2013
    Crin here is the link you might be looking for. You may need to scroll down. I'll also copy.

http://nraas.wikispaces.com/State+of+the+Mod

•The Roommate system EA implemented is uninspired, and will not extend beyond its intended use during university travel
    ◦The system creates random sims, and then unceremoniously dumps them to the homeless bin once it is done with them.
    ◦The system is not specific to household, meaning if you switch households all roommates are lost (so don't do that)
  • blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited February 2013
    crinrict wrote:
    IceyJ wrote:

This was discussed at MTS too in their patch thread. You either have to save and restart the game to kick them out when the sim is added to the household, or move out and move back in is suppose to end the roomie at that lot. Yeah, the roomie is suppose to go off to the homeless bin, but it's not working that way.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
    edited February 2013
    blewis823 wrote:
    crinrict wrote:
    IceyJ wrote:

This was discussed at MTS too in their patch thread. You either have to save and restart the game to kick them out when the sim is added to the household, or move out and move back in is suppose to end the roomie at that lot. Yeah, the roomie is suppose to go off to the homeless bin, but it's not working that way.

I really hope that EA releases an emergency patch to fix this before uni is out. If not it's going to be useless. Atleast the photobooth got fixed though. :D Yea no longer will sims partner when going in it.

Glad the photobooth was fixed because a new one is in uni. :D
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,404 Member
    edited February 2013
    Wow you wanna kick em out and I can't even ask the, to be my roomate. :-) My sims are bestfriends and I have a spare room and my sim doesn't get the option to ask them to be my roomate. :x Anyone have any trouble as well?
  • HappyPhantomHappyPhantom Posts: 881 Member
    edited February 2013
    For some reason I thought it was going to be like in Sims 2 where, in order to get a roommate, all you had to do was use the phone or computer. Now you have to be besties with the sim?? :?
    sims4forumsmaller.gif

edited February 2013
    For some reason I thought it was going to be like in Sims 2 where, in order to get a roommate, all you had to do was use the phone or computer. Now you have to be besties with the sim?? :?

In UL it will be like TS2, the patch has only added the friend side of roommates as they don't want to give the whole feature away for free!
  • blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited February 2013
    Wow you wanna kick em out and I can't even ask the, to be my roomate. :-) My sims are bestfriends and I have a spare room and my sim doesn't get the option to ask them to be my roomate. :x Anyone have any trouble as well?

I created a duplex with each unit have a bedroom, bath, kitchen, living, dining and it's own entrances/exits. I couldn't get the Sims friend to room with her, just move in. I will try again later, because they were not best friends.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    edited February 2013
    I haven't patched yet. Whats the difference (in non-uni world) between 'ask to be a roommate' and 'move in'. I thought maybe the 'roommate' was a non playable sim that lived in the house but someone was saying they are added to your household and you can move them out.

do we know in uni world if roommates are playable, ie added to household?
    edited February 2013
    Roomate is unplayable live in sim is playable.
    edited February 2013
    cherpar wrote:
    I haven't patched yet. Whats the difference (in non-uni world) between 'ask to be a roommate' and 'move in'. I thought maybe the 'roommate' was a non playable sim that lived in the house but someone was saying they are added to your household and you can move them out.

do we know in uni world if roommates are playable, ie added to household?

Roommates are non-playable, but there is a glitch with the system right now, if you change household or save and close game then reopen the roommate will be added to the main household, this shouldn't be happening and needs fixing, it isn't happening to everyone though.
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited February 2013
    blewis823 wrote:

Guess I'm going to read that so I understand exactly what's going on :)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    edited February 2013
    it would be great to find a roomie via your computer, just like online dating, have this option for looking for a roommate, this was in TS2 version for Apartment Life in TS2, EA should've had this option for TS3! :)
  • fallenangel19910fallenangel19910 Posts: 4,432 New Member
    edited February 2013
    it would be great to find a roomie via your computer, just like online dating, have this option for looking for a roommate, this was in TS2 version for Apartment Life in TS2, EA should've had this option for TS3! :)

it is included with the University EP :)
    they just didn't add it with the patch, because it was giving too much of the feature away. i saw it confirmed somewhere, i am trying to find where now :)
  • sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    edited February 2013
    I'll just wait for UNI to use that feature.
  • sarahbs85sarahbs85 Posts: 97
    edited February 2013
    I added a room mate yesterday and went on today and my roomie was a playable sim so had to kick them out.Hope it does get fixed :)
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    edited February 2013
    I can't find the "ask to be roommate" option anywhere. My sim can ask another sim to move in, but that's it still. And I just patched my game last night and started with a new save game to test it out.
  • nnedixnnedix Posts: 94 New Member
    edited February 2013
    I don't even have the latest expansion packs. I haven't updated my game since patch 1.31. Since I have mods that I don't feel like replacing. :D