Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

University Life Bug thread

Comments

• kgadbois13kgadbois13 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited March 2013
    This didn't really bother me, but after I returned home from the university there was a random girl added to my household. She wasn't even apart of the dormitory that I was in. I ended up just moving her out but it was creepy that she was there.
  • Silence731Silence731 Posts: 305 Member
    edited March 2013
    ok browsed through numerous pages of bugs and i didnt see this one there but im pretty sure its one, when using the science machine after using the science skill to obtain a sample of a plant (I.E. Plant matter sample).. with the supernatural alchemy ingredients, plantables mainly, like the wolfsbane and spotlight mushrooms, etc, i can make a sample of each one but i cannot clone from the sample.

the "clone from sample" option is selectable from the machines dialogue but when it opens its just a blank panel, i havent had problems cloning other things, insects, rocks/gems, just the harvestables from supernatural.

im hoping it is just an oversight that is keeping those items out of the list of cloneable items and will be fixed soon
  • PurpleRosesPurpleRoses Posts: 3,796 Member
    edited March 2013
    I already posted this over at the NRaas post, but I wanted to go ahead and post it here too.

The roommate system is... I guess you would call it broken. While my Sim at Uni, she rented out a house and the roommate system seemd to work fine. She was able to enable and disable it. When she returned out to her apartment that was still labeled as a house, the option to enable and disable the roommate system was still available. My Sim, however, had her boyfriend break up with her so she had to move. She didn't have enough money to buy another house, so I turned one into an apartment. Now, the option to enable and disable the system is gone. She had 7 EA generated clones show up to her one bedroom apartment, and there is nothing she can do about it now because she can't even turn it off! Or even control how many people live with her. Something isn't right.

Edit: She can dismiss them, but I'm pretty sure 7 more will be generated the following morning at 9.

So, I just had her move into a new house (using MC to get her a pretty loan) and the ability to enable and disable roommates came back up. There is definitely something broken about living in an apartment in the home world. Not sure if it's mod related or not, but as I've read, other people have the same issues. Although I'm not sure if they have any mods or not.
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited March 2013
    @Janina1211: It's all explained on the first page. You can use mods but to be sure something is not a mod issue, you need to remove them and test on a game without mods.

@ec1ipsse:

1. I'll add the opportunity one
    2. Can your Sims fish ? Is it just one cat at one pond/lake or all cats on all of them ? What about a cat that just learns the skill, does she have the same issue ?

Reported issues: Since they are on the list, I'll only add you to the ones that haven't dozens of reports already. Let me know what you find about the skill. Maybe if you want, you could even open a thread on it and see if others also have the LTR or if you guys have anything else in common. I would link it here.

Thanks :) Wish I could make the devs magically actually fix the bugs.

@mqelias: Sounds your game is glitchy. Don't have a suggestions right now other than maybe trying the ErrorTrap mod (although that has other issues atm but maybe you could put it in, start the game, let it do it's things and then take it out again. If you're not opposed to mods that is

@HannaZoja: Your Sim cheated ? :shock: What a despicable thing to do (hehe, mine did too but in class and then had to redeem herself)

Anyways

1. I'll add
    2. Did you start that game with no mods in or did you take them out afterwards ? ErrorTrap does seem to mess up the meet end great but I think if you take it out before you travel to the world, it's fine. Just wanna make sure since you say: Now vanilla again.

It has been worse. There have been times when I had 4-5 pages of bugs when I didn't answer them for half a day. 2 has been the most so far and there are mostly repeats of reported issues. Pity they didn't fix the travel system though. That's a real mess atm

@strophic: Maybe I should make a blog post on those. Do you think you could get me a picture ?

1. Yeah. My sim has two already too. I think it's on the list. I'll add you
    2. Lol. They do need their beauty sleep, you know. I'll add
    3. With Uni installed still ? Bläh. I'll add
    4. Is there someone assigned to it (aka is there a Sim in the vicinity that has the role assigned) ? Any time of the day ? You don't have the register mod right ?
    5. Is the host actually at the house ? If not, that is an existing bug

I've had three different occasions where this happened

1. Bonfire parties in Winter
    2. The party took place at my home dorm
    3. The host wasn't home
    6. I've only seen my Sim giving an answer if they raised their hands. Not the NPCs ones. Not sure how it should be. I'll add to the unsure list

@yanti68: Please post in technical

@Akl500P: Usually traveling does bring it back. Check if you have it once you get back to your home world. Since you were able to pick one, it shouldn't be a mod issue

@elanorbreton: They shouldn't age at uni at all as far as I'm aware. Haven't paid attention though, I'll add

@kgadbois13: Please answer the questions in the second post

I'll add though

@Silence731: Please answer the questions in the second post.

I'll add though

@purple_roses2110: I'll add but could you also try without mods in ?

=== Calling it a night ===
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• PurpleRosesPurpleRoses Posts: 3,796 Member
    edited March 2013
    I'll definitely do that at some point. : )))
  • strophicstrophic Posts: 8 New Member
    edited March 2013
    @strophic: Maybe I should make a blog post on those. Do you think you could get me a picture ?

1. Yeah. My sim has two already too. I think it's on the list. I'll add you
    2. Lol. They do need their beauty sleep, you know. I'll add
    3. With Uni installed still ? Bläh. I'll add
    4. Is there someone assigned to it (aka is there a Sim in the vicinity that has the role assigned) ? Any time of the day ? You don't have the register mod right ?
    5. Is the host actually at the house ? If not, that is an existing bug

I've had three different occasions where this happened

1. Bonfire parties in Winter
    2. The party took place at my home dorm
    3. The host wasn't home
    6. I've only seen my Sim giving an answer if they raised their hands. Not the NPCs ones. Not sure how it should be. I'll add to the unsure list
    @crinrict:

Well I removed them and haven't seen them again yet, but here's the link to the topic that was made in reference. The picture (the red link on that page) is essentially what I saw all over the place.

As for the coffee shop issue, I have no idea if there is a Sim that has the role assigned. Every time I've been there, there hasn't been anyone behind the counter. And no, I don't have the register mod.

The host is at the house for the party. Sims are crowded around outside of the house, but there's something buggy about them too- had to reset quite a few of them because they were standing around like statues.

Thanks again for replying so quickly. Goodness, there are so many bugs/glitches. D:
  • ecarmichaelecarmichael Posts: 11 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Okay, I've looked through and I haven't seen my problems here:

Answers to your questions:
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ?
    Only EA store content
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)
    Was using MasterController and Overwatch by NRAAS, but removed them before reinstall when game began to crash. Currently playing with none.
    5. Do you have University Life or just the Patch ?
    Univeristy Life
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ?
    Most current 1.50
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ?
    New Game
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ?
    Nope
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ?
    Aurora Skies and Hidden Springs (both crashed when at Uni or had bugs at Uni)
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ?
    Windows 7
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ?
    DVD
    12. Are you reporting for the Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World ?
    Uni world is where the problems are. Things seem fine in the homeworld.

My issues:

1. When at Uni, my sims' family trees are incorrect (people are the wrong age).
    2. When sending more than one sim, the game crashes, or the sims don't graduate with credit AND they can't move back to the home world (the University world just shows up after the "travelling home" screen - all i can do is quit and restart the game).
    3. sometimes the smart phone can't call for services in the Uni world.
    4. Most of my issues are crashing and freezing after a few hours in the UNI world. Home worlds seem to be okay. It's possible that this is not Uni, but I have tried all the crash/freeze fixes AND reinstalled the whole game from scratch and it's still happening.

I've got the DEP taken care of and I've done everything in the crash/freeze help sections, but the Uni world crashes a lot. Thanks so much for your hard work and help.

Edit: Just tested my game again. It's fine until I try to leave University at the end of the term. Then it crashes.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • ec1ipsseec1ipsse Posts: 53
    edited March 2013
    crinrict wrote:
    @ec1ipsse:

1. I'll add the opportunity one
    2. Can your Sims fish ? Is it just one cat at one pond/lake or all cats on all of them ? What about a cat that just learns the skill, does she have the same issue ?

Reported issues: Since they are on the list, I'll only add you to the ones that haven't dozens of reports already. Let me know what you find about the skill. Maybe if you want, you could even open a thread on it and see if others also have the LTR or if you guys have anything else in common. I would link it here.

Thanks :) Wish I could make the devs magically actually fix the bugs.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Ordered the patented 'developer/guru manager' wand for you from Amazon("Developers not zapping those pesky bugs quickly enough? - Try the *new* d/gm wand to gently but firmly focus their efforts...") ,but they were out of stock. :lol:

Same cat at 5 ponds and 1 beach so far - only one cat in household. Looks like they will be adopting another tomorrow :D

Will also try some fishing action tomorrow night with the sims - I have actually been holding off fishing & gardening because of the skilling issues - I have to give my teens some skills to develop as adults!

May try with an EA pre-built or random CAS to see if my LTR theory pans out.

Oh dear. That means I will have to sim all tomorrow evening to answer these questions. Instead of clearing out the garage. Such a shame. :mrgreen:

Edited because of punctuation fail.
  • linarwinglinarwing Posts: 113 Member
    edited March 2013
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods?
    I had mods installed, but when I had the problems I'll list below, I uninstalled my mods completely--all of them. When that didn't help, I also ran the game without CC, in a fresh install--vanilla game--all EPs, all SPs, through University.

2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods?
    See above answer.

3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)?
    Took them out initially to start the game, then put them back in after they were updated. However, I never saw the problem until I put them back in, because I only tested for problems by bringing up the main menu, opening a world, and seeing that it apparently worked. The problem is in playing any household.

4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version?
    Yes.

5. Do you have University Life or just the Patch?
    University Life

6. Which Patch Level are you at?
    Before Uni, I had patched all the way through, and was having no problems. When I got my game (DVD), I installed the game, and it supposedly patched to the newest version.

7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones?
    I have done both. When I make a fresh (reset) game, with my existing game files renamed, I can play an existing household once. When I try to switch households, all the problems start happening...no mods...no CC...no saved games.

8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made?
    All pre-made Sims from my Library...all have worked utterly fine, before. In the vanilla game, I used EA Sims. Same problem, either way.

9. What town are you currently playing? EA or Custom?
    I have played both vanilla and updated games using EA worlds and custom worlds, both...same problem, any way I do it.

10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7)?
    Windows 7

11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game?
    DVD

Please answer the following questions with every bug report

12. Are you reporting for the Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World?
    Home-World. I did get into Uni-World once, but only played for a few minutes. The problem was the same for both home and uni.

- - - - - - - - - -
    - - - - - - - - - -

My problem is:

If I go into a fresh game and play an existing household (that I was playing before in that world), my family members each have their LTWs in place, and their periodic wants work, as long as I keep on playing that family.

As soon as I change worlds or change families (it's the same, either way), the LTWs show up randomly--seemingly only one per family. If I go to the main menu, or quit the game (either one) or come back into the same game I was playing, there are still only randm LTWs displayed (one per family), but not necessarily for the same Sim in the family.

Once the LTWs are messed up, the periodic wants no longer fill in for any Sim in the family, in any world, no matter what.

If I start the game fresh again (allow the game to make a brand new game file), whether or not I run it without mods and/or without CC, the first time I play, all works fine. Again, if I try to change out households, or worlds, the LTWs and periodic wants do not work ever again (unless I go fresh again).

The other thing that makes this even MORE fun (not), is that when I try to change households--whether I add a new family to a lot, or whether I try to play an existing household in the world--everything SEEMS to work fine, until I hit the check mark. As soon as I do that, the GUI disappears. The only keyboard shortcut that I can get to work at that point, is Alt/Q, which allows me to go to the main menu (with the choice of saving or not). I've tried both ways--saving or not. If I don't save, I try to do the same thing over again...same result. If I do save, I can go back into the world and the family is the playable family, as it should be. However, both the LTWs and the periodic wants never appear...not even randomly.

Again--this happens in a vanilla game or in a game with mods and/or CC. I've done every combination I can think of. I've also gone through the whole bit with removing cache files.

I also, tonight, uninstalled Uni and reinstalled it. Fresh game...same scenario. Start over...fresh game, but update with my saved games...same scenario. There doesn't seem to be a single scenario in which this same thing doesn't happen.
  • WickedLambWickedLamb Posts: 45 Member
    edited March 2013
    So my issue. I had a brand new game where 2 YA sims graduated University, came home and I re-enrolled them. When they arrived, one sim fully moved in and the other went on the phone so she didnt fully move in. Now this sim's icon is missing and I can not "click" on options. I cant calla sim, watch a presentation, talk to a sim etc. The game is not giving me an option. I tried to reset the sim but it did not work. Not sure what to do.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? No
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods? N/A
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)? I did but took them out, backed up my folder made a whole new vanilla game.
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? n/a
    5. Do you have Seasons or just the Patch ? I have Seasons and the patch.
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.50
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? New game
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? I made new sims
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? EA world: Sunset
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) Win 7.
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game. DVD version
    Look deeply into my eyes...what do you see?
  • Silence731Silence731 Posts: 305 Member
    edited March 2013
    ok im assuming you mean the following questions so i will be happy to provide info

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ?...im using the no blur mod from 🐸🐸🐸🐸, i may need to update it or at least check if theres an updated one since UL came out

2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods....no

3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)

4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ?...not yet

5. Do you have University Life or just the Patch ?...UL

6. Which Patch Level are you at ?...whatever the most current version is, i know its the current one cuz i can use the online in-game features

7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ?...new game

8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ?...existing from bin that i made awhile ago

9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ?...appaloosa plains

10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ?...win 7

11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ?....dvd

Please answer the following questions with every bug report

12. Are you reporting for the Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World ?....home world
  • DesiraiDesirai Posts: 1,058 Member
    edited March 2013
    I've encountered 2 bugs---

After graduating and sending my sim home, she can't fulfull her wishes anymore. When I try to click on a wish to do it, it says "Please fulfill all current wishes before promising a new one" even though there's not any there.

Also I can't seem to send any supernatural sims to university at all no matter what I try.
    What if I told you.. you don't have to have 98723987297 animated GIFs in your signatures!?!??
  • sheeda233sheeda233 Posts: 4 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Yesterday something odd started happening. I've been playing with a sim in university town for the past 3 days or so. Then all of a sudden my game began to act funky! The game told me it was time to go home (although I selected I wanted to be there for two terms and only one had passed). I said ok, no biggie. I'd just re-enroll. my sim got into the moving truck then got back out. she went back to the dorm. she couldn't go to class or anything. so i did the resetsim cheat. after that my sim DISAPPEARED. I couldn't see her or any of her dorm mates anymore. she was no longer in the left side panel. she was unable to click on the phone to drop out of university and go home. i couldn't even access the phone. i was forced to delete the family all together. i tried to move her out. i tried to go back to the menu screen. none of that worked. i was using the Nraas career, woohooer, and a couple other mods (i forgot). i deleted them though. i moved onto a new family and they went on vacation the same thing happened :x ! so now i'm convinced that it's any type of "away" world! it's not happening in regular home worlds. is anyone else having this issue? i want to send another sim away but i don't want the same thing to occur. i cleared my computer using cc cleaner and checked for viruses through norton. BTW, i have cc installed and mod free as of now. i have all expansion packs. i slso have town life stuff and fast lane stuff. sorry it was so long, i just wanted to explain myself thoroughly. Thanks so much :lol: !
  • MotherboardMotherboard Posts: 53 Member
    edited March 2013
    I have all the expansions and stuff packs, my game is up to date (as is Origin) and I have some store content but nothing third party and no hacks.

Two of the bugs I've noticed are already listed: Sims get invited to parties but can't attend because the host isn't home & also my overweight Sim gains back all the weight I've had him work off after coming back in to the game(and I've even cheated using boolprop and edited his body size down in create a sim but he still reverts back to the heavier weight).

The one I haven't run across is the thumb nail pictures of family is the relationships panel being wrong, as well as in the family tree. When my Sim went to college his siblings all showed up as a younger version of themselves in the thumbnails--which was kind of freaky since his one young adult sister showed up as her teen self again and she's married with two kids. The only one who was correct was a younger half brother who was still a toddler when he left for school, he still showed as a toddler. His two young adult sisters showed as teens, a young adult brother showed as a teen and a teen brother showed as a child. When my Sim went home at the end of the term the thumbnails were all correct and the family members were the correct age.

edit:
    No

2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods
    N/A

N/A

4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ?
    N/A

I have University Life

Existing game

Existing Sim, born in game

Custom town downloaded from the exchange

Win 7

Download

12. Are you reporting for the Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World ?
    So far what I've encountered has been in the Uni world

As for the relationship thumbnails, I've never noticed this before when sending a Sim on vacation. And the Sim's family isn't as I recall showing as grayed out. I'll have to check when I'm back in game.
  • mikitta47mikitta47 Posts: 2,250 New Member
    edited March 2013
    @mikitta47: Is that the same Plant Sim that had troubles with transmuting ? Could be related. I've added though

Yes it is the one that didn't transmute. I've started a new game, however, on a brand new computer - NO mods, no store content, no custom worlds - just the base game + all expansions and the first 4 stuff packs. A completely clean game.

I start a game in Moonlight Falls with Holden Wonzy and Gwen Glover. Gwen got turned into a plant right away on Monday, so we'll see if I have issues getting HER home. She had no problems transmuting. I will report if there are issues.

God Bless,
    mik
  • ecarmichaelecarmichael Posts: 11 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Okay, still waiting to hear back but I decided to test without store content (my only custom content) and check to see if my traveling home crash happened. It has not and I've dropped out of uni twice to test it. I will test going through a whole term now, but if this works, then what store content might be causing the crashes? Or could it be a ram issue? I have 4 gb which should be plenty.
  • Kelly44Kelly44 Posts: 30 New Member
    edited March 2013
    I don't see this issue listed. Every time my sim uses "invite out" on her smartphone she freezes and everything keeps going fine. The action will not cancel as well, it says there with just a red X. "Resetsim" did not work as well, only MC reset worked.
    edited March 2013
    Was there a mention of the issue of not being able to rent the empty lots at the beginning of university, and only randomly on subsequent trips there?

God Bless,
    mik
  • miruazo33miruazo33 Posts: 2
    edited March 2013
    I meant that my lifetime wish progress was resetting in one place.
    And even when I traveled back to home, it was still at 1/10 for the heartbreaker progress.
    I have two ex-boyfriends back home and other two at the campus.
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited March 2013
    @strophic: Thanks. Hope they won't mind if I use those. The will probably not come back to that thread ..

Just asked because mine tend to be there but busy doing something else. I do have interactions on the register though. I'll add

I'll add you party issue then.

@ecarmichael:

1. That ones that are gray ? That has been like that with WA too. It's a non-issue. They go back to the right age once you're back home.
    2. Could be the same issue as the one where Sims don't arrive properly only in your game it just crashes the game. Could you please answer the questions here if you haven't done so: [Error Analysis] Sim not arriving at University
    3. Did you notice any regularity where this happens ? I'll add
    4. For crashing, please report in the technical part of this forum

@ec1ipsse: lol. They always are :)

Oh, poor you. I feel for you.

@linarwing: Did you also reset your user date with the factory reset method ?

@WickedLamb: What happens if you drop out of Uni with the other Sim (try on a backup of your game)

@Silence731: Thanks

@Desirai: Did you answer the questions yet ? Don't see you on the list, so please do. Are you using any mods ?

@sheeda233: Could you please answer the questions here if you haven't done so: [Error Analysis] Sim can't return home

Also try a factor reset (see first page) to see if you it's still happening in a new save

@Motherboard: That ones that are gray ? That has been like that with WA too. It's a non-issue.

Could you also please answer all questions. I'll add you to the other issues

@mikitta47: Ok. Thanks

@ecarmichael: Depends if you have a 32 bit or 64 bit OS and how much Store content you have.

@Kelly44: Please answer the questions in the second post and make sure to try on a game without mods.

@mikitta47: There was a report on not being able to rent if the Sim did not have enough money to buy the lot (although enough for renting). Should be on the list

@miruazo33: Did you report before ? Could you quote my question or your report cause I can't find it right now.

== UPDATED THROUGH HERE ===

As always, if you posted your info (whether your issue got added or not), make sure I've added you to this post: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/647877.page#10303278

If you are on that list, there is no need to repost your info but if something changes, please edit said post or make a new one so I can re-link you.

If I said, I'll add, please make sure you did get added and that I understood your issue correctly.

I'll be back tonight.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• xladyjxladyj Posts: 1,166 Member
    edited March 2013
    None. I never have used mods in my life, cc is turned off.

2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods
    None, ever.

Lol, again, never used mods

4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ?
    N/A

Both

Started a new game

New

EA - Twin Brook

Windows 7 64 bit

Physical copy - DVD version.

So my problems started out the first time I moved my sim to the uni subhood. She tried to move into the sorority house after I earned some skills for her and the checkmark was greyed out. I gave up, turned off the computer and called it a day. The next day, I loaded my game up, the checkmark was there and it worked fine. I met townies, had gone to parties, made friends, took pictures, etc. I had even gone to classes and lectures. Everything went off without a hitch. I saved and quit.

When I logged back on the next time, I was no longer living in the university town. :( I had all the skills I gained there, but no relationships with uni townies nor any memories or photos taken. However, I still had nerd and jock influences where I left them. I tried re-enrolling my sim into uni, but when I moved her in, she wasn't there. I reloaded the game, tried re-enrolling her in uni, again...she isn't there after I try moving her back into the sorority house. Not sure how to take care of this. I hope I explained correctly.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    edited March 2013
    After removing Error Trap, my sims were able to go to class and use class items in their inventory. Thank you! :P
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • mqeliasmqelias Posts: 53 New Member
    edited March 2013
    crinrict wrote:
    @mqelias: Sounds your game is glitchy. Don't have a suggestions right now other than maybe trying the ErrorTrap mod (although that has other issues atm but maybe you could put it in, start the game, let it do it's things and then take it out again. If you're not opposed to mods that is

At the moment, I never use mod before. So I don't want to risk it this early since most mod hasn't been update to support UL yet... I tried using a premade sims in while playing StarLight Shore and i can go to university..

At the moment, I'm trying to try using a newly made sims but from the Custom Neighbourhood....

I wonder if the problem occur because that sims have pets in their household.
  • HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member
    edited March 2013
    crinrict wrote:
    @HollownessDevour: Added. Could you try a completely new game in Sunset Valley though ?

Alright I tried and similar deal (not sure is really the same), when I change it to regular lot and load it works (but NPCs come out of the elevator). I save exit open it has been changed to apartments again but didn't give me roommates. So I removed the public room makers from the rooms with elevators, it seems to get rid of the NPCs going into the elevator but it makes it an auto light room and defeats the purpose I had for this building to start.

Also I tried another build that has public room makers and no elevators and it gives me roommates too. But this is my original Monte Vista world. Anyways off to do more testing.
    edited March 2013
    @mikitta47: There was a report on not being able to rent if the Sim did not have enough money to buy the lot (although enough for renting). Should be on the list

I don't think this is the same issue. I sent Holden and Gwen to University with $150,000, which should have been enough to purchase MOST of the lots and certainly any of the empty lots. There are two 50x50 residential lots and two 40x40 residential lots and if you check them out in Edit Neighborhood, they are the standard price for undeveloped residential lots. If it were the same issue as needing the purchase price to obtain them, I should have seen them with the cash my sims had.

SOMETIMES, those empty lots will show up on my second trip to Uni after returning home. And then on a third trip, they disappear again - and my funds have, by then, increased (it's very easy to make money in Uni - even w/o Motherlode :P ).

I will try a test - before sending a sim to Uni in a new neighborhood, I will go in and edit those empty lots to have something on them - like a tissue box (cost $2 or $4) and see if that solves the issue.

God Bless,
    mik

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top