Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

University Life Bug thread

Comments

• Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited March 2013
    Last round for tonight

@lolz255: Please answer the questions in the second post

@shaytails: Good to hear

@Quesita: That is much. I'll add. Maybe someone knows more

The problem with the relationship is that there's a redundancy the way EA saves them. The relationship is saved for both Sims and sometimes only one of them gets cleaned. Trouble with the jealousy is that so much can happen if you leave them alone. Are you sure they never did any kind of romantic interaction (like flower giving) on their own ?

@BlazeMasterwort: Did you get a message that left over mail was added to your inventory on coming home ? Did the DNA samples disappear ? I have them to and I believe them to be loveletters but I'm not sure at this point.

@shellbeme:

1. Yeah, it's not a mod issue. Trying to convince EA on twitter about this .. I don't have a real solution for it.
    2. On the list
    3. From what I'm seeing it happens on Tuesday and Thursday classes. The needs are static when you attend. They start getting static a bit early. I think it's on purpose
    4. What traits/skill/major did your first Sim have ?
    5. Bill issue: See my answer to BlazeMasterwort. Are you sure they weren't there when you came home ?
    6. Cause EA never tests their game on old saves and because of this, many things go kaput

@kittenxpaws: Did you try on several different day and several different times ? Are the other fridges working ok ?

@AMYXDUH: Please answer the questions in the second post and describe a bit more what happens

@Ruby: See this: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2012/11/mailbox-doesnt-work.html.

@bosslaydee: Glad you did find it

So, off to bed. Adding in the morning.

Good Night everyone.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    edited March 2013
    crinrict wrote:
    Last round for tonight

The problem with the relationship is that there's a redundancy the way EA saves them. The relationship is saved for both Sims and sometimes only one of them gets cleaned. Trouble with the jealousy is that so much can happen if you leave them alone. Are you sure they never did any kind of romantic interaction (like flower giving) on their own ?

@BlazeMasterwort: Did you get a message that left over mail was added to your inventory on coming home ? Did the DNA samples disappear ? I have them to and I believe them to be loveletters but I'm not sure at this point.

@shellbeme:

1. Yeah, it's not a mod issue. Trying to convince EA on twitter about this .. I don't have a real solution for it.
    2. On the list
    3. From what I'm seeing it happens on Tuesday and Thursday classes. The needs are static when you attend. They start getting static a bit early. I think it's on purpose
    5. Bill issue: See my answer to BlazeMasterwort. Are you sure they weren't there when you came home ?
    6. Cause EA never tests their game on old saves and because of this, many things go kaput

@kittenxpaws: Did you try on several different day and several different times ? Are the other fridges working ok ?

@AMYXDUH: Please answer the questions in the second post and describe a bit more what happens

Good Night everyone.

Crinrict, thank you for taking the time that you do to try to help everyone, you are amazing!

I'm not sure about the bills honestly, I didn't check her inventory when she was at the house-I only looked when she got back to uni, once she graduates I'll see if it changes anything.

As for my first sim, I don't remember what traits I gave her-but she was a communications major, and honestly her traits could have been horrible for that line of work-which may have very well led to why she had such a hard time in school. The current sim is an art major and all of her traits are kind of set up for it-so I guess it makes sense she'd have a much easier time :)
  • Options
    rexxy123rexxy123 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Update for sims 3 university...

Stairs are not normal they are everywhere... fix it! filled up my whole screen... impossible to play!! :shock: :x :shock: :x :shock: :x :shock:
  • Options
    AMYXDUHAMYXDUH Posts: 2 New Member
    edited March 2013
    crinrict wrote:
    Last round for tonight

@shellbeme:

2. On the list

Good Night everyone.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? There may be some custom content but no mods to my knowledge.
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods? No
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)? I never used mods
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? No
    5. Do you have University Life or just the Patch ? University Life
    6. Which Patch Level are you at? The latest version.
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? new game
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? They are new or premade
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? A custom Harry Potter World
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7)? Windows 7
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game? Download
  • Options
    RubysimRubysim Posts: 5,811 Member
    edited March 2013
    crinrict wrote:

Thank you for the help, its sad that their is no fix for this without mods, the bills don't seem to cause any issues in game, its just annoying that this happens!!! :(
    Gallery ID - Rubysim
    Pictures of my sims will be on my page :)
  • Options
    Axlorg89Axlorg89 Posts: 884 New Member
    edited March 2013
    I am really lost. I had moved my sims 3 base game and university to my netbook. After i finished installing University, I decided to play. I couldn't. An error popped up. "Your Sims 3 Base Game is incompatible with your expansion pack". When i delete the error so i can update, the launcher stays frozen and won't let me click on anything! What do i do to fix this problem?
  • Options
    julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    edited March 2013
    Welcome Mascot Bug

When the mascot brought the welcome pack i foolishly invited him in .

Three times after that i cancelled my sims trying to take a photo with her .

Now i have since found that the area where the mascot was at the time of them wanting to take the photos is totally unuseable . They cannot walk on it . i cannot place anything on it and even with testing cheats on and buydebug there is no sign of anything on those squares .

Eventually the only way to clear the area was to pick up the whole house and family in edit town and place it down on another lot .

Bug 2

I also had the non stop smart phone ringing after cancelling it when my sim was asleep , had to exit without saving and play the day over again .
  • Options
    SmokeyBearzSmokeyBearz Posts: 1,138 Member
    edited March 2013
    I have an issue where my roommates will always 'reset'.
    They go inside and outside the appartment all day.
    They may do one or two interactions while there.

It's extremely annoying and will probably make me forget there's even a roommate system.
    One of the main features of the xpac and I can't use it :(

I tried removing Overwatch.
    The only mods I have now are NoMosaic and Relativity.
  • Options
    ffgamer13ffgamer13 Posts: 2
    edited March 2013
    Im having an issue with graduation/them leaving.

They get in the moving van, and head home, the game crashes, this has happen 3 or 4 times now.. Its making me not want to play.

Any one know how to fix this?
  • Options
    equinegurl21equinegurl21 Posts: 49
    edited March 2013
    I am having an issue with my sim. She's been at university for about a week and is now frozen, can't follow through with any functions. Life still goes on around her. I tried resetsim multiple times. Please fix this asap I've only had the game a couple days and paid over $40 for it! What a waste of my money!
  • Options
    PixxieBee144PixxieBee144 Posts: 73 New Member
    edited March 2013
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? Yes, but tried uninstalling them
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods ? Twallan's Story Progression, Careers, Master Controller
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) ? Took them out
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? Yes
    5. Do you have University Life or just the Patch ? UL
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.50
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? New game
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? New
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? Sims University/Hidden Springs EA
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) Windows 7
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game. Origin download

My first problem is that my sim's Social Networking skill is stuck towards the end of Level 4. I made her read a skill book, but it won't move. She doesn't have a problem building other skills (though they seem to be building up slower than usual, but I can't be sure). Resetsim didn't help.

My second problem is the same sim's needs continued to decay even when I made her use appropriate objects to increase them. For example, I sent her to eat something, but it did not affect her hunger. I know someone posted with a similar problem, but cheats and 'make all happy' did nothing to affect her needs. Resetsim fixed the problem, but this caused her university performance to go down to back in the middle, which I'm sure must also be a bug.

I tried playing a vanilla game which didn't help. I appreciate any help and apologise if someone else has already posted a similar problem.
  • Options
    NelusNelus Posts: 151 Member
    edited March 2013
    The new residential lot type "apartment" does not work in Bridgeport (LN). It has worked in all of the other worlds from the other expanisions and all of the store worlds. (I have them all). The only thing I can think of is this has to do with the fact that Bridgeport is the only one designated a city and it is causing trouble. Of course being the only city world I really wanted to build some apartments there.

The drop down menu there does not appear. It is just grayed out and says regular only. You also can not build an apartment in another world and move it to Bridgeport it just changes it back to a normal residential lot. Adding a new lot while in edit world does not help either. The new lot can't be changed either. Bulldozing doesn't help.

The new door lock features do work but I can't change the lot type. I really don't like that.

I have all of the expansions & stuff packs. All in disk format. I have all of the worlds from the store. No mods. No CC. Just a clean install with the games and official store content. My patch is up to date. I even used the super patch to make sure. I am using a game that was started after installing University, not an old game. Same with my sims, all are brand new. I am using windows 7. I have more than the min specs.

i got the exact same problem.
    its obviously just a small adress issue i hope they will fix with the first patch soon.
  • Options
    goddessrugoddessru Posts: 16 New Member
    edited March 2013
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? No
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods N/A (no mods)
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) Have never used mods
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ?
    5. Do you have University Life or just the Patch ?
    Both
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ?
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ?
    existing
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ?
    pre-made
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ?
    multiple towns, but I noticed the issue in Riverview
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7)
    Win 7
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game.
    DVD

This issue occurred right after I installed University. Sims (not from the household I'm playing, around town) are stuck throughout the neighborhood. I noticed because before I installed the game my sim had a date with another sim. After I installed university that other sim was stuck on my sims porch. I cannot click on them or interact with them. They are reacting to being cold, hungry, sleepy but they won't move, leave, join a group- anything. I noticed multiple sims are stuck on multiple lots throughout the neighborhood. Same thing- not interactable. I've already tried resetSim and it didn't work on any of them. I read your post about frozen sims but I think this glitch is related to University because it only started to happen after I installed the game.
  • Options
    honeybee1564honeybee1564 Posts: 415 New Member
    edited March 2013
    My problem is that since i sent one sim to uni for 2 terms . she came back home fine but when i send her back to get the rest of her credits it gets as far as choosing where to stay whilst at uni. i click on the tick to confirm living arrangement and tick greys out and does nothing else.

Also tried to choose another household in main screen and it does the same so i cant play the game at all now

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? EA store content
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods? No mods
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)? never use them
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? No Mods.
    5. Do you have University Life or just the Patch ? University Life
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ? most recent
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? first of existing then deleted that and started a new town. same problem with both
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? new sim
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? EA sunset valley and the university town
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) vista
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game? Download
  • Options
    mqeliasmqelias Posts: 53 New Member
    edited March 2013
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ?
    -- Only Custom Content
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)
    -- Never
    -- University Life
    -- Its a Copy of an existing Game
    -- Existing Sim
    -- Custom - Storybrook Country
    -- Win 7
    -- DVD

My issue is just like @Pandachica86
    - After picking dorm, town never gets loaded

After reloading, the llama worked correctly and left the bucket, so I did the test and took the goodies and tried moving to Uni. He left, I got the select a house screen and selected a dorm. All I get when this happens is the game taking away the interface like it usually does, but it never goes further. It never zooms in, it doesn’t let me exit, it never loads a new interface. It just takes off the building roof and lets me view it zoomed out to the map. I can move around the map, but do nothing else
  • Options
    janvel831janvel831 Posts: 140 Member
    edited March 2013
    Hi Crin,

@janvel831: Did you check if that outfit was added to his 'wardrobe' (second outfit when you go to the dresser). Repost if the waking up persists.

I did check the dresser and there is only one outfit for outer wear in there and it is not the one he was wearing. I'll let you know if it happens again.

Also, today when playing my Sim had a class in the community building for a lecture. When he got there there were about 15 Sims on the outside waiting to get in and another 8 or so standing by the door inside the building. I was not able to get into the class because of all the people standing around in and out of the building. My Sim just stood there tapping his foot waiting to get into the building.

I cancelled the action to go to class from the que because there was nothing I could else I could do. I then directed him into the building, but not into the lecture hall, that was not an option. Finally I was able to get him into the lecture but it was almost over. I didn't get any negative feedback or moodlets for missing the class so I am assuming that just going into the lecture hall was enough.

Thanks again for all of your help.
  • Options
    RubysimRubysim Posts: 5,811 Member
    edited March 2013
    I plan on uploading the household when finished but they will have the bills, Can I ask if someone with the mod be able to delete them and this won't cause any issues in there game, sorry for worrying but University been great so far apart from this!!!
    Gallery ID - Rubysim
    Pictures of my sims will be on my page :)
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    First I wanna thank everyone for the support the all the compliments. I usually don't respond to those cause frankly I get a bit embarrassed by compliments. I do read them all and the all bring a smile to my face. Most of you are doing really good with answering questions this time round and this thread has been a breeze so far.

Do not feel bad for me that EA does not help. It has been like this for the past x bug threads I made (the LN one was the only were a guru popped in like 3 times) and I do know what I sign up for when I start one. It's my own decision and if it helps you guys, I'm good.

Keep it up :)

blue2-rule-04l-whitevxcj.gif

@shellbeme: There are several threads on the performance meter. You might wanna check them out. Don't have a link handy atm but people are discussing it.

As for the bills: I have an idea that I need to test out in my game.

@rexxy123: Please read the rules.

Here's a link for you though: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/02/error-distorted-fences-and-stairs.html

@AMYXDUH: Could you also describe you issue in more details. Thank you

@Rubysim: Yeah, I know. They should have a cheat with which we can delete or unstuck items in the inventory.

@Axlorg89: You need to post in technical but trust me, netbooks are not made for gaming. Did you just move the files (you can't do that) or actually install the games on your netbook ?

@julienrob2004:

1. I'll add
    2. Did resetting the Sim not work ?

@SmokeyBearz: Try the factory reset on the first page and Please answer the questions in the second post

@ffgamer13: Please answer the questions in the second post, including the ones about your computer. Do you have any other crashing issues ?

equinegurl21: Please answer the questions in the second post. Did you also reset the whole hood with resetsim *

@PixxieBee144: Did you try a factory reset and just putting your savegame back for the moment ?

Do your issues happen on any day at any time of the day ?

I'll add them

@Nelus: I'll add you to the issue but please answer the questions in the second post

@goddessru: Did you use resetsim * or their names ? Sims do have a tendency to get stuck when installing a patch but resetting them should unstuck them.

@honeybee1564, mqelias: I'll add you to the issue. Does your Sim have anything in his inventory or his family inventory ?

@janvel831: The outfit one seems really weird. I'll keep it in mind if someone else (or you again) reports.

Routing: That should be on the list. I'll add you though

@Rubysim: The Sim won't really be the same one if you replace them with an outside copy. I don't think the bills will cause you any issues.

Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    Dlenn2Dlenn2 Posts: 5 New Member
    edited March 2013
    I have a bug that prevents ANY social interactions between my sims. Plus I can't have any self-actions on sims either, for example meditate.

I have vanilla game as I uninstalled and re-installed the whole game. No mods, no CC.

I have all the expansions and all stuff packs (except the Katy Perry one)

I'm on patch 1.50 I believe.

I started a new game with new sims.

Current town: Moonlight Falls (EA)

I have Windows 7

My game is DVD.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    minimomemu wrote:
    I have no mods or cc. Here is a possible bug I've noticed in the last few days. At the university world, sims seem to become groups automatically. If roommates are leaving the house at the same time as my sim (whether going to class or just out) the npc roommates will show up as grouped with my sim.

Also, I've noticed that at pool parties, the npc host will accuse player sims of inappropriate behavior for getting out of the pool.

I've also had the disappearing party glitch, and no, my sim wasn't already on the right lot.

Seems like I missed this. Sorry

Could you please answer the questions in the second post.

I've seen that too. I'll add.
    I'll add
    I'll add you to the issue
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    edited March 2013
    @Dlenn2: Try the factory reset described on the first post

===== UPDATED THROUGH HERE ======

As always, if you posted your info (whether your issue got added or not), make sure I've added you to this post: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/647877.page#10303278

If you are on that list, there is no need to repost your info but if something changes, please edit said post or make a new one so I can re-link you.

If I said, I'll add, please make sure you did get added and that I understood your issue correctly.

I will need to do some rearranging this afternoon but I also wanna try some stuff myself. If anyone with the not arriving Sim issue has a savegame for me, that'd be great.

So far so good.

Have fun everyone.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    PixxieBee144PixxieBee144 Posts: 73 New Member
    edited March 2013
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? Yes, but tried uninstalling them
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods ? Twallan's Story Progression, Careers, Master Controller
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) ? Took them out
    5. Do you have University Life or just the Patch ? UL
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? New game
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? New
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? Sims University/Hidden Springs EA
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) Windows 7
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game. Origin download

My first problem is that my sim's Social Networking skill is stuck towards the end of Level 4. I made her read a skill book, but it won't move. She doesn't have a problem building other skills (though they seem to be building up slower than usual, but I can't be sure). Resetsim didn't help.

My second problem is the same sim's needs continued to decay even when I made her use appropriate objects to increase them. For example, I sent her to eat something, but it did not affect her hunger. I know someone posted with a similar problem, but cheats and 'make all happy' did nothing to affect her needs. Resetsim fixed the problem, but this caused her university performance to go down to back in the middle, which I'm sure must also be a bug.

I tried playing a vanilla game which didn't help. I appreciate any help and apologise if someone else has already posted a similar problem.

I tried returning it to factory settings but it made no difference unfortunately. I appreciate the help though, thanks :)
  • Options
    ANNIEOVERANNIEOVER Posts: 2,014 Member
    edited March 2013
    **Update**

No crashing, no bugs, no glitches in University World. Everything works perfectly in University World.
    Home World Crashes, bugs, glitches, and restore back to factory settings does not work.

I uninstalled University Life and my game works absolutely perfectly. I can marry, i can use rabbitholes, its a brand new perfectly working game without University Life.
  • Options
    georgia776georgia776 Posts: 135 Member
    edited March 2013
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ?
    Custom Content
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods
    Deleted 'em
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)
    Took them out, had practically 50% of Twallen's mods
    Yeep, right before I deleted them
    University Life
    New game
    New sim
    EA
    Win 7
    DVD

Hi!
    Ok, (I had a quick skim through some pages to try and find my answer buy couldn't see anything, so sorry if it's already been asked!) basically my problem appears to be that no matter how much my sims drink, they never get the juiced or super juiced moodlet, no idea why, ran on a vanilla game, create a new 'Sims 3' document folder for it, still the same problem.

And my second problem is that my sim's class schedule displays every class for every course and they have to attend each one, which can get rather annoying. Same as above.
    Huff.
    Any help would be massively appreciated because I read about the new social options that come with it and they seem hilarious!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    LunyKimberlyLunyKimberly Posts: 72 Member
    edited March 2013
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? Yes, but they've already been removed
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods? Yes, but they've already been removed
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)? both. Same problem either way
    5. Do you have University Life or just the Patch ? UL and this has been going on way before now
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? Both
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? Both
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? Haven't played any custom worlds, but this is happening in any EA world (EP or Store)
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) Win7
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game. DVD

My problem concerns several of the books in the game - specifically the book covers.

EA gave us some very pretty book covers for the Masterpiece genre books your author Sims can write. Problem is, they never show in game. I can 100% personally confirm this has been going on since Pets (cuz that's how long I've been trying to fix it with no luck). I'm 90% sure this has been going on since before Pets and 20% sure I've had this happening since WA when I started playing.

The Books XML show these masterpiece covers being referenced, there are files in the Fullbuild2 package... they just never show in game. You get your sim to jump through the proper hoops, you write the Masterpiece genre book, get the proper credit for it, it shows up in the mail... and it's got the red drum book cover from LN.

Also, EA gave us a new book cover specifically for the Trashy genre. It's only used once with the new Trashy novel added with the current (1.50) patch. The older entries haven't been updated and any Trashy genre books your author sims write will use the Romance book cover.

Further, we've got specific book covers for the bartending/mixology skill - those skill books use the WA Nectar Making covers. None of the genre books that came with the EP7/SN patch use their appropriate genre cover - they all use Generic1 or occasionally Generic2. The fish bait book with SN references a 'bookFish4' cover - there's no such IMG in the FullBuild or DeltaBuild files. There are book covers and multi-language STBL files already in game for volumes 2 & 3 of the Martial Arts skill and volumes 2 & 3 of the Photography skill but there's no entries in the Books XML to utilize those resources.

I realize none of these are game breaking but they are really, really aggravating. Especially considering how long this has been going on (couple years at least for parts of it). I've had the same results throughout the years no matter how many game upgrades or reinstalls (and a couple full computer reinstalls so I know there aren't any leftover files causing the problem) - nothing has made a difference.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top