Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

University Life Bug thread

Comments

• Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited March 2013
    I'll answer later.

@all with party issues (not being able to go, same message every day)

- What kind of parties were they ?
    - What Season was it ?
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    bosslaydeebosslaydee Posts: 3,976 Member
    edited March 2013
    im not even getting party invites after the first day of uni. lol.. sigh.
  • Options
    JanLauren7JanLauren7 Posts: 63 Member
    edited March 2013
    crinrict wrote:
    @JanLauren7:

1) Were those Sim near those lots at the time ? Does it happen again if you try to place them again ?
    2) What traits does the Sim have that's failing ? Did they study the same amount as the others ? Go to all her classes ?
    3) I'll add you to the issue
    4) I'll add you to the issue
    ---

1 - the two who disappeared were at class - but I've not been able to reproduce this event so just ignore, please

2 - she's a social butterfly, irresistible, schmoozer, charismatic, friendly - Communications Major. She is a diligent student but has problems keeping social bar up with all the studying. Problem was the performance bar would drop while she was sleeping and sometimes even while she was studying.

I had a new issue this enrollment period but I noticed others have mentioned it. Same 3 sims went to Uni for a two week term. On the day they arrived I got script error notices for each of them (from Error Trap). On Monday they all were unable to attend classes - it was not an option anywhere for them to attend although they each had the "skipping class" notice. I reset each of my sims. The next day things were normal again and they all attended classes as usual. I don't know if Error Trap caused the problem or fixed the problem after I reset?

Sorry - only the top part should be a quote - the red part's my reply :oops:

• Options
    JanLauren7JanLauren7 Posts: 63 Member
    edited March 2013
    Crinrict - Is there something we can do for you to compensate you for all the time you spend helping others? I'm pretty sure you don't work for EA. I tried to find your home page to see if there was some way of gifting you - you don't have one? We all appreciate your help so much!
  • Options
    ChitownChitown Posts: 29 Member
    edited March 2013
    Everything else is working fine-- the only issues I have so far is that one of my roommates in the Sorority House has a bowl stuck to her hand after she cooked a meal, and the refrigerator in the kitchen is emitting the spoiled food thingy but when I click on it-- it doesn't tell me to clean it out.
  • Options
    janvel831janvel831 Posts: 140 Member
    edited March 2013
    crinrict wrote:
    @janvel831:

1. On the list
    2. I'll add
    3. Strange, mine seem to go on time. I'll add
    4. The thursday class is an outdoorsie class. Mine is in fine arts and always goes there and starts sketching on her own. So I guess yours should have too.
    5. I'll add
    6. I'll add
    7. I'll add
    8. Seen that in my own game. I got a message that my sim picked up some mail when coming home and I wonder if that was mail from home or from the Uni. If it was from the Uni, it's likely that these were love letters from Sims that no longer existed since you're now back home. I'll add that
    9. Did he have just a heart or was the Sim in a actual relationship afterwards ?
    10. I do have an option to answer so it must be a glitch. Someone else reported that. I'll add

Hi Crin,
    With regard to the new relationship at Uni, they are in a relationship. It hasn't affected the relationship he has with his wife. She doesn't seem to know about it. I'm sending him back to Uni and hopefully this girl will be gone and it won't be a problem.

One other small glitch last night. It was very odd. My Sim was sleeping after working adouble shift in the medical career. He came home and went to bed. After about one Sim hour, he got up and put on outerwear (not what I picked for him, it was random) and sat at the table and started playing with his tablet. It was also summer in my game.

I have no idea what woke him up, his energy bar was red and so was his mood from being tired.

I just wanted to thank you for helping me with the problem I had with the Al Fresco Market.(I posted it about a week ago). I was able to get it back into the game. Thanks again.
  • Options
    minimomemuminimomemu Posts: 73 Member
    edited March 2013
    I have no mods or cc. Here is a possible bug I've noticed in the last few days. At the university world, sims seem to become groups automatically. If roommates are leaving the house at the same time as my sim (whether going to class or just out) the npc roommates will show up as grouped with my sim.

Also, I've noticed that at pool parties, the npc host will accuse player sims of inappropriate behavior for getting out of the pool.

I've also had the disappearing party glitch, and no, my sim wasn't already on the right lot.
  • Options
    Katkabaal3Katkabaal3 Posts: 320 Member
    edited March 2013
    Most annoying bug I've encountered, was the continuously ringing phone. No possible way to stop this one. Maybe allready mentioned, but there are so many posts allready and I just got the bug this morning :(

I also have an annoying crashing bug (no mods, no cc: No really!!! None) And I noticed you posted a link to state those bugs. But the link was Pets bugs only. Mine just occurred after UL. Where do I post those?

T.I.A.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    bosslaydee wrote:
    crinrict wrote:
    bosslaydee wrote:
    k so i ran it in the factory settings and the social groups worked!
    but when i transferred all my folders back, it was gone again :(

It's probably a skilling mod. Do you have any in your mods folder ?
    i dont have anything in my mods folder except for cc package files and resource.cfg
    :(

What if you completely remove the mods folder and delete the cache files ? Just move it to the desktop ?
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    edited March 2013
    crinrict wrote:
    bosslaydee wrote:
    crinrict wrote:
    bosslaydee wrote:
    k so i ran it in the factory settings and the social groups worked!
    but when i transferred all my folders back, it was gone again :(

It's probably a skilling mod. Do you have any in your mods folder ?
    i dont have anything in my mods folder except for cc package files and resource.cfg
    :(

What if you completely remove the mods folder and delete the cache files ? Just move it to the desktop ?
    which cache files?

compositercache
    caspartcache
    scriptcache
    simcompositercache
    AND
    socialcache?
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    @Quesita: How much higher ?

The marriage issue is a problem that has existed for a while. Some Sims just don't seem to get the option, especially if they were otherwise involved before. The romantic system is such a mess atm. I don't like the Reputations system nor the attraction System cause they mess up so much.

I have no solutions other than using a mod to clean up the relationships (Overwatch)

@shaytails: Pull all your mods and try on vanilla game. Make sure to delete the cache files as well

@nccharm:

- Harvest is an existing issues with Seasons. Don't know of any solutions that don't involve the Overwatch mod.
    - Does your Sim maybe have any open consignments in the home world ?
    - Mailbox issue does not seem completely fixed

@FrillyG: It's on the list. I'll add you but could you please answer all questions in the second post. Thanks

@CaraRose31: Please answer the questions in the second post

Do you have a progress bar and does it change at all ? Do you mean the test doesn't change or what ?

@spidersylar: Could you please answer the questions here if you haven't done so: [Error Analysis] Sim not arriving at University

@Ricalynn: Interesting. I'll add the tutor one. Could you add your findings to this thread: [Error Analysis] Sim not arriving at University. Thanks

@bosslaydee: It's probably connected to your social group issues

@JanLauren7: Not sure why it would drop when you were studying but during sleeping is normal. Do you have the skills they need for their major ?

Remove ErrorTrap. It seems to cause issues atm.

Thanks for the offer hun, but it's fine (I do have a small WL at the moment, just click on the profile button) but it's really not necessary. I singed up for this and I knew that EA would not help, they never do.

If EA is reading though: //hint on// I do love merchandise //hint off//

@Chitown: Try the following

1. Save the game twice once under a different name
    2. Press ctl-shift-c to open the cheat console
    3. Type testingcheatsenabled true
    4. Shift click on the bowl (make sure you don't click on the Sim) and choose Object - delete
    5. Press ctl-shift-c to open the cheat console
    6. Type testingcheatsenabled false

Should you delete the Sim by accident, exit without saving and reload. You'd also have that backup you made by saving under a different name

@janvel831: Did you check if that outfit was added to his 'wardrobe' (second outfit when you go to the dresser). Repost if the waking up persists.

@Katkabaal3: Please answer the questions in the second post

Ringing Phone: Resetsim does not help ? It should stop once you get a new call
    Crash: Just make your own thread in tech. It's best. I need to change that link. I keep c/p my bug threads :)

@bosslaydee: Yes
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Few things I noted myself:

Parties

I did get the same message for one of the parties as well but it was a bonfire party in Winter. Might be the issue that bonfires in Winter are a bit difficult. Once the snow began to melt, the party was held and I got a different party message.

I also saw the issue where I'd click and my sim did not go to the party. My sim lives in the sorority and the party was held there. So I think that might be issue if the party is held at your living place

I also see lots of repeats but it seems to me there aren't that many sims inviting me, so it's always the same. There is a party everyday though.

Needs not filling

Seems that during Thursday and Tuesdays classes the needs are in fact static. That's why they don't change. Since those classes start later, it seems that everything you do in the morning doesn't count. It's like they are set to static too early.

Misc

Sims do leave 2 hours prior to class. For me it says attending class from the moment they leave their home lot to go to class. It doesn't really matter for me, when they get there. They are not late

Performance bar: I really don't know if there is a bug involved or not but there are some threads on the issue. Maybe we'll find some explanation.

Mods

A few more of Twallan's mods don't seem stable. Also remove portrait panel and error Trap, as well as MC Integration.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    lolz255lolz255 Posts: 121 New Member
    edited March 2013
    I have a streaking issue. I streaked on my home lot and then when my sim got dressed again they still ran around crazily.
  • Options
    shaytailsshaytails Posts: 71
    edited March 2013
    @shaytails: Pull all your mods and try on vanilla game. Make sure to delete the cache files as well

I removed my mods file and deleted cache's and started a new game so far my pictures seem to work and my sims are not resetting.

Also as an edit to my previous post i forgot to put that i also had overwatch installed.

Thank you.
  • Options
    QuesitaQuesita Posts: 58 Member
    edited March 2013
    crinrict wrote:
    @Quesita: How much higher ?

20-something per hour vs 200-something per hour.

crinrict wrote:
    The marriage issue is a problem that has existed for a while. Some Sims just don't seem to get the option, especially if they were otherwise involved before. The romantic system is such a mess atm. I don't like the Reputations system nor the attraction System cause they mess up so much.

I have no solutions other than using a mod to clean up the relationships (Overwatch)

Thanks. I've never had any problems with relationships before, so that really surprised me. I didn't know that some sims who had been in previous relationships were unmarryable.

Is the jealously thing (from the sister who never had a relationship with the guy) a known bug too?

• Options
    BlazeMasterwortBlazeMasterwort Posts: 206 Member
    edited March 2013
    When my Sim returned from Uni this time (she has 4 degrees now) she has bills stuck in her inventory.

I think the DNA samples she just started collecting turned into the undeleteable bills since they aren't in her inventory any longer and the bills are.
  • Options
    shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    edited March 2013
    1. No Custom content or mods. (before or after reset)
    2. Again no mods.
    3. I have not used mods or 3rd party downloads.
    4. No Mods again.
    5. I have university life and all expansions and stuff packs.
    6. Patch 1.50
    7. New Game.
    8. New sim
    9. Playing University, main town is Monte Vista
    10. Windows 7
    11. Origin download.

LEAF ISSUE: I have never had problems with the autumn leave sticking around until this expansion. I have not had the ability to test it in the main hood, however, in the university hood, the leaves do not go away when the seasons changes, I always have leaves on the ground. I did a complete reset of my game following these instructions: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/06/tutorial-resetting-the-game-to-factory-settings-without-reinstalling.html (which always fixes my issues btw :) ) and I still have the issue with leaves not going anywhere.

Pre reset, I had issues with the barista bar where you can get energy drinks, the animations would not complete-after reset, works perfect.

Pre and post reset I am having problems with need bars freezing-this seems to happen when my sim is super hungry and running late for class-at first I was resetting her to correct it, but after a comment from another simmer, if I just left it alone, it resets on its own and starts working again.

Pre reset my performance bar for college was quickly going in the negative-I mean super fast, post reset, it still goes down when doing non college related things (ahem.. partying for example ;) ) however it is at a MUCH slower rate. My first sim I atempted this with, pre reset, I barely got her out with a C, my second, passed with flying colors.

I'm loving the game but frustrated with the leaf issue-anyone aware of any cheats that can be used to remove them after the fall? It is VERY unsightly-and annoying.

New sim, post reset, went home briefly, immediately re-enrolled in college and when she gets there I notice 4 items labeled 'bills' in her inventory that I can do nothing with.

I'm not sure why this is, because I don't use anything but store downloads-but every time a new expansion comes out, I have to do a reset of my game. I wish I understood what was causing the issues.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    i didnt delete the cache files but it was the mods folder that i removed.

i have my social groups!! :D

THANKS SO MUCH CRINRICT!!! YORUE THE BEST!!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    bosslaydee wrote:

Then you definitly have a mods hiding somewhere in your cc. Something with skill probably
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    kittenxpawskittenxpaws Posts: 40 New Member
    edited March 2013
    new object: manse mini-fridge. Problem is that when my sim eats anything from it the hunger bar does not go up at all. tried eating several different items and she was still starving.

thanks

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? EA store content
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods? No mods
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)? never use them
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? No Mods.
    5. Do you have University Life or just the Patch ? University Life
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ? most recent
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? New game
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? new sim
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? EA sunset valley and the university town
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) Windows 8
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game? DVD
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Graduation Day - My experience

I have no mods in my game still

My sim was doing really great. Straight A's in all classes (Fine Arts). I had send her for 2 terms with 6 credits, then 1 term with 18 credits and another one with 18 credits again (I think that's right)

Well, on her last outdoor class I noticed that she would not take her sketchpad and just stand around. Checked her inventory - no where to be found. I thought I must have sold it so I bought a new one. When I told her to use it, it was invisible.

She then passed the exams and graduation moved along. She got the prompt to invite someone. She invited her love and two friends from Uni since she didn't know anyone at home. The boyfriend and one of her friends doubled in the relationship bar.

Got the message she could go, send her but it was dropped from the queue. Was able to send her by clicking on the Anex though. There was a line of course but everyone could get in, in their robes although it was raining and everyone was opening and closing umbrellas like mad (I don't think her friends were there). She came out, got her diploma and the extra trait but she also became unclickable and so did her phone. Reset did nothing.

I wanted to send her on a last date with her love but that canceled out as well. She then went home, which went ok. She has her interactions back and has now two sketchpads.

Don't know what went wrong but I'll try sending her again for another major to see if she makes it there.

----

Workaround for the smartphone issue: Put them in your inventory prior to going home.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    AMYXDUHAMYXDUH Posts: 2 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Ever since I installed University I can't change the active household to add more families and people. Help?
  • Options
    RubysimRubysim Posts: 5,811 Member
    edited March 2013
    I have the mail problem, you said in a thread this:

Only DebugEnabled or MC do

Can you please explain this more, I don't use mods and really want to fix this problem, Thank you!!!
    Gallery ID - Rubysim
    Pictures of my sims will be on my page :)
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    crinrict wrote:
    bosslaydee wrote:

Then you definitly have a mods hiding somewhere in your cc. Something with skill probably
    i found the hidden skills mod.. :/ didnt even download it..
  • Options
    SalemHellKatSalemHellKat Posts: 13 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Help me please. I thought you could send your sim to university various time?

First time I sent him by himself and everything went fine he got his degree.

I'm trying to send him again with his wife this time and it all works fine up to the loading screen for university.

When I get there though my household has gone or something?
    It asks me to create a household, move one in, or choose a household. Exactly like when you first create a game. I can't find my sims anywhere.

I hadn't saved so I went back to main menu, then back into game, and tried again. Same thing.

How do I fix this???

I think we are having a similar problem. It seems that whenever more than one sim is sent to Uni , they either have problems with graduation or when they travel back home. Mine just finished a term and when they went back to the homeworld the game opted me to pick a household, create a househld, or move in. Same as you. I couldn't find my sims.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top