Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

University Life Bug thread

Comments

• Options
    ANNIEOVERANNIEOVER Posts: 2,014 Member
    edited March 2013
    ANNIEOVER wrote:
    Ok so I just reinstalled everything with no CC and no mods.
    Now the only problems I am having are:
    Sims cannot interact with rabbitholes
    Sims cannot get married
    I cannot move Sim Family in to a new lot
    I cannot go into build mode without crashing
    Sim will not change in to graduation robes
    Sims do not receive their college degree

Everything is freshly installed with no CC and no mods

Fresh, new game, fresh new install, fresh new files, no CC, and no mods and these are the problems i am having. I made sure no EA files were left behind after uninstall, my computer was completely wiped clean of EA Sims 3 before reinstall.
    If this helps at all, on a scale of 1-10 on how computer knowledgeable i am with 1 being completely naive, i am a 9.
    I used CC, and Toolbox to help me with the uninstall. I did not replace any Sims 3 files after install, everything is fresh and new. I have three computers, XP, Windows 7, and Windows 8. All are beyond minimum required hardware, all have the same issues listed above
  • Options
    WinterKhirinWinterKhirin Posts: 248 Member
    edited March 2013
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods? THE ONLY MODS IM USING NOW ARE PET SLIDERS/COAT PATTERNS AND STORE CONTENT
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods? NO
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)? N/A
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version? YES
    5. Do you have University Life or just the Patch? UNIVERSITY LIFE AND PATCH
    6. Which Patch Level are you at? 1.50
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing oneS? BRAND NEW GAME
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made? NEW SIM
    9. What town are you currently playing? EA or custom? MOONLIGHT FALLS-EA
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7)? WIN 7 HOME PREMIUM 64 BIT
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game? DOWNLOAD

PROBLEM THAT IM HAVING: my sim cannot seem to use some of the special objects for the majors. the skeleton causes her to jump away and resets her. the science machine cant even be clicked on. and the street art kit can only be given as a gift or placed back in her inventory. same with the backpack. i also cant seem to see the social standings of anyone either and have done things that should get me rep, but doesnt.

i have cleared all caches. and was thinking about the factory reset. but dont really understand that process. especially since i dont have an external drive to use.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Owlenmoon is the house which most values creativity and wisdom. They're intellectual and introspective, and can find poetry in situations that may appear irrelevant to others. They're also good at making things more complicated than what they're supposed to be.

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited March 2013
    Uni townies phones don't work with the moviemaker cheat and it's not limited to them either. I switched to a townie in Aurora Skies and the same. It's the same with both saved and new games.

No cc or mods and I have patch 1.50.

See this link.
    I just started the thread so it doesn't have any replies yet.
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/656367.page
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited March 2013
    @Pillbug2: As far as I remember, that sounds like the pre-existing bug with Seasons. Careers that spawn over two days (working at midnight). It should not have anything to do with Uni and should be listed in the Seasons Bug thread. I'm not sure but as far as I remember it should go back to normal after a while. Let me know if the problem persists.

The skilling issue is also an existing issue. Overwatch should fix it. Only solution I have.

@HannaZoja: From what I'm seeing, they should go away after you take the exam. Did the cheating Sims pass their finals or were they caught ? I think they should go away after finals so that they don't decrease.

Also did you reset any of the Sims ? That makes the bar appear immediately, whether they should have one or not.

@ANNIEOVER: All with different games or did you try the same game on multiple computers ?

Sims cannot interact with rabbitholes --> Any seeds in your inventory ? All Sims and all rabbitholes ? What happens exactly?
    Sims cannot get married --> What symptoms are you seeing ? There is an existing issue that happens to some Sims. I have no solution other than using mods
    I cannot move Sim Family in to a new lot --> Please describe what happens
    I cannot go into build mode without crashing --> Please post crashing in tech
    Sim will not change in to graduation robes, Sims do not receive their college degree --> The whole graduation thing not working right is listed. Can you return home ?

the no books issue is caused by mods. No one has even proven me otherwise and I have the same discussion in every bug thread. If you had for example the harry potter book replacement, that's the issue.

@IrelandsAngel: Try the factory reset. Simply rename the user folder in documents (backing up to an external drive is great but you can also back it up to some oder folder or the desktop). Then you start the game and see if the error is gone. If it is, you start putting stuff back from the renamed folder. That's all it's about.

@catloverplayer: I've added

--- UPDATED THROUGH HERE ---

Okey. I need to put some text here later. Need to go find something. See ya.

Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    Nemigurl1979Nemigurl1979 Posts: 62 New Member
    edited March 2013
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods?
    -None

2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods?
    -NO

3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)? -Never used them

4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version?
    -No mods used

5. Do you have University Life or just the Patch?
    -UNIVERSITY LIFE AND PATCH

6. Which Patch Level are you at?
    -newest
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing oneS?
    -I started a new game

8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made?
    - New sims

9. What town are you currently playing? EA or custom?
    -Sunset Tide

10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7)?
    -WIN 7 HOME PREMIUM 64 BIT

11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game?
    -DVD

I do have store objects.

The biggest problem and bug I am having after having installed University, is that my sim got pregnant, and she will NOT stop having babies. She has 13 boys, and just went back to have nr 14. My sim is not a spider, and the sims is not supposed to be able to have more than 8 sims in panel at one time. I cannot stop this loop she's stuck in, so she just keeps having more and more babies.
    HELP!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    @ANNIEOVER: All with different games or did you try the same game on multiple computers ?
    All fresh, all new, no CC, no store content, and no mods/Nothing was copied over

Sims cannot interact with rabbitholes --> Any seeds in your inventory ? All Sims and all rabbitholes ? What happens exactly?
    Nothing in Sims inventory/Sims go in rabbithole doors, and bounce right back out like they are being reset

Sims cannot get married --> What symptoms are you seeing ? There is an existing issue that happens to some Sims. I have no solution other than using mods
    No option to propose or marry

I cannot move Sim Family in to a new lot --> Please describe what happens
    I choose a family from the bin, choose the house I want them to move in to, it says, "Processing" then crashes to desktop

I cannot go into build mode without crashing --> Please post crashing in tech

Sim will not change in to graduation robes, Sims do not receive their college degree --> The whole graduation thing not working right is listed. Can you return home ?
    Yes I can return home

the no books issue is caused by mods. No one has even proven me otherwise and I have the same discussion in every bug thread. If you had for example the harry potter book replacement, that's the issue.

Books issue was fixed this morning by removing a lingering cache file in temp folder
  • Options
    cindyl12000cindyl12000 Posts: 9 New Member
    edited March 2013
    I have installed UL. But now when I start a new neighborhood, I have no families in the neighborhood. The only option I have is to create a new family or move a family in. There are none of the existing families in any of the EA hoods. I do not have any mods.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? EA store content
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods? No mods
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)? Yes
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? No Mods. 5. Do you have University Life or just the Patch ? University Life
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ? most recent
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? New game
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? Premade 9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? EA
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) Windows 7
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game? DVD
  • Options
    bosslaydeebosslaydee Posts: 3,976 Member
    edited March 2013
    @bosslaydee:

P1 & P2: Try the factory reset on the first page and try again. First on a new save, then put your old save back in the new saves folder and try that. Was it both Sims that had the jumping issue or just the existing one ?

im doing that right now. and it was only to the monte vista sim, not my simself.

P3: Has been reported before. I'll add you to the issue.

ok cool.

P4: Does it matter if they do it autonomous or user directed ? I'll add

idk what happened but it fixed itself :/
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    ANNIEOVER wrote:
    All fresh, all new, no CC, no store content, and no mods/Nothing was copied over

Sorry to ask this again but I'm unsure if I understand you right: You have the same issue in three different games on three different computers ?
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    edited March 2013
    crinrict wrote:
    ANNIEOVER wrote:

Sorry to ask this again but I'm unsure if I understand you right: You have the same issue in three different games on three different computers ?

That is correct
  • Options
    HannaZojaHannaZoja Posts: 93 Member
    edited March 2013
    Report - failed fix, Error trap causes more bugs

As I had problems with my progress bar in my vanilla game, I dared to install Twallan's Error Trap, latest version. It is said, this mod does not cause problems with University. I does not help. In addition it causes more problems. I keeps resetting my sims, thereby preventing them from attending the University meeting on first day, etc.

- Current configuration: Now Error Trap, no other Mods
    No CC
    Store content
    Appalosa plains (EA world) and University world
    new savegame
    existing sims
    Windows 7 64 bit
    Favourite Game: Sims 3 <3
    Favourite Worlds Sims 3: Hidden Springs, Barnacle Bay, Riverview, Isla Paradiso, Sunlit Tides, Monte Vista, Dragon Valley, Al Simhara, Shang Simla, Roaring Heights, Lunar Lakes

Favourite Worlds Sims 4: Britechester, Windenburg, Sulani - possibly Mt. Komorebi
  • Options
    kittenxpawskittenxpaws Posts: 40 New Member
    edited March 2013
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? EA store content
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods? No mods
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)? never use them
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? No Mods.
    5. Do you have University Life or just the Patch ? University Life
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? new sim
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? EA sunset valley and the university town
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) Windows 8
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game? DVD

When my sim went home from a term at university, her street art skill challenge that was completed was reset. It was the master muralist one.
    when she returned for another term, it came back.
    So its only happening when the sim goes back to the main town.

Thanks!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    @Nemigurl1979: See here: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/09/bug-infinite-baby-loop.html

@ANNIEOVER: What are the odds for that, how strange.

- Rabbitholes: I do remember that this was reported before. I can't remember what the cause was though. I'll add for now
    - Marriage: Yeah, that's the existing issue. I don't really have any non-mod solutions to that. Older relationships are often not cleaned up correctly.
    - Since it's crashing in the end, it might be related to the buy/build crash. See if you can get help in tech for that.
    - Ok. I'll add that as a separate issue then.

@cindyl12000: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/09/bug-cant-choose-a-pre-existant-family.html

@bosslaydee: Let me know what happens

@HannaZoja: Remove ErrorTrap for the time being. It does seem to cause issues.

@kittenxpaws: I'll add

AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    QuesitaQuesita Posts: 58 Member
    edited March 2013
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? Hair and clothes from store. No mods, no premium items.
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods N/A
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) Never
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? N/A
    5. Do you have University Life or just the Patch ? UL
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? existing one – family started before UL was released
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? Sim sisters made as children prior to release of UL, aged up to ya’s just before release, then sent to university.
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? Sunset Valley
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) Win 8
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game. Download

College went well. Two sisters both attended, at first one at a time, then for the last two semesters they attended together and graduated. No problems at college, until the slight graduation problem, when I invited family from home to graduation and they didn't show up.

Serious problems started when the sisters got home after graduation. Hannah invited her college boyfriend to visit, with the intentions of proposing and marrying him. He is single, but when they were in college, Hannah convinced to break up with another npc. When he came for a visit, the option to go steady was not there. Faction went up to “extremely irresistible” or whatever it is. He was fed, bathed,rested, entertained, and the option to go steady never came up. So after several days, Hannah invited him to be roommate.

After that, whenever Hannah flirted with him, her sister Lynette’s faction would go way down, she would lose her sister’s friendship, and she would get a debuff that says “witnessed betrayal” or something like that. Lynette had NEVER had a relationship with this guy. Hannah could “apologize” to Lynette, and they could build their friendship back up, but if Hannah did anything romantic with this NPC, her sister Lynette would just go nuts.

And the option to go steady, (and then get engaged and then married) never came up, but the NPC clearly has "none" under partner, and Hannah has a romantic relationship with him, and Lynette doesn't.

Very disappointed. Wanted to marry Hannah off and start a new household with them. And I have no idea what Lynette is freaking out about.

Another minor issue which might be design not a bug. Both sisters maxed out faction - one with nerds and one with rebels. They were both offered jobs in the special fields (game design and art critic) when they were home on break from college. After graduation, they were both level 1 in the fields, in spite of tech and fine arts degrees. They uploaded their resumes, and were offered MUCH higher paying jobs in the fields described under their majors.
  • Options
    shaytailsshaytails Posts: 71
    edited March 2013
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? yes
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods My mods are mc and mc cheats from twallan
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) I did have error trap which i removed and tried a new game still same bugs
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? yes
    5. Do you have University Life or just the Patch ? I have University Life
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.50
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? new game
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? Pre-made Sekemoto household
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) win 7 64bit
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game. DVD

I can use the smartphone to take pictures but when i go to view photo there is no photo, so i tried the camera same thing, this was before my sim went to university, also everyone seems to reset after saving and restarting my game. Whatever they had been doing at the time of the save, sleeping, eating, exercising or whatever when i restart my game they are no longer doing it but are just standing around.
  • Options
    nccharmnccharm Posts: 6 New Member
    edited March 2013
    When my sim attempts to harvest plants, message displayed that harvestables are not ready. However, the growth state is harvest, and my sim can only harvest the ginseng plant. All other plants cannot be harvested: life plant, death flower, wonderpetal plant, valerian root, wolfbane and mandrake. Also, while at the university I added the alchemy shop to the world, and was unable to purchase anything from the clerk. Buy items was available, but nothing happened when I selected it. Sim retrieves the mail, but it remains in their inventory, similar to how the omni plant mail remained before the fix.
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? No
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods? N/A
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)? Never used mods
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? N/A
    5. Do you have University Life or just the Patch ? UL
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ? last patch from 2/18
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? New Sim
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7)Win 7
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game? Download from Origin

Thanks for your help.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    k so i ran it in the factory settings and the social groups worked!
    but when i transferred all my folders back, it was gone again :(
  • Options
    FrillyGFrillyG Posts: 2
    edited March 2013
    Hi,
    I just installed the game today and had no problems until I sent a sim to the university as soon as I selected a dorm or house and clicked the check mark it wont do anything! Its not frozen or anything but it won't start the game I've tried clicking on the different dorms but it just doesn't do anything! The check button is now greyed out and unable to press this.
    I then closed my game and when I tried going back into the university life map area the houses I previously tried going into are now not available.
    A few other people have this issue already, see the link below:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/ratings/ratingdetailpage/message-uid/685000/rating-system/forum_topic_metoo#userlist

I played via an older game I created within Seasons, as the child was nearing uni age, so carried on with this one. Will try a fresh game to see if this will work.

Thank you for any help you can give me.
    FrillyG
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    bosslaydee wrote:

It's probably a skilling mod. Do you have any in your mods folder ?
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    CaraRose31CaraRose31 Posts: 18 New Member
    edited March 2013
    I'm not sure whether I'm doing something wrong but the first time through Uni I had an A and it wouldn't move up or down and the second it wont move from being an F. All I do is study and attend every school related activity that I can.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    crinrict wrote:
    bosslaydee wrote:

It's probably a skilling mod. Do you have any in your mods folder ?
    i dont have anything in my mods folder except for cc package files and resource.cfg
    :(
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    CaraRose31 wrote:
    I'm not sure whether I'm doing something wrong but the first time through Uni I had an A and it wouldn't move up or down and the second it wont move from being an F. All I do is study and attend every school related activity that I can.
    thats not a bug.
    it wont go to an actual grade until you finish the credits.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    also, i ran it withouth custom content and STILL no social groups.
  • Options
    spidersylarspidersylar Posts: 1 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Help me please. I thought you could send your sim to university various time?

First time I sent him by himself and everything went fine he got his degree.

I'm trying to send him again with his wife this time and it all works fine up to the loading screen for university.

When I get there though my household has gone or something?
    It asks me to create a household, move one in, or choose a household. Exactly like when you first create a game. I can't find my sims anywhere.

I hadn't saved so I went back to main menu, then back into game, and tried again. Same thing.

How do I fix this???

Thanks

EDIT forgot to add this

Are you using any Custom Content or mods ?
    None
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods
    None
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)
    I took them out long before I installed this EP. About another two EPs back.
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ?
    N/a
    5. Do you have University Life or just the Patch ?
    Both
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ?
    Newest
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ?
    Was a brand new game when he went first time
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ?
    He was brand new first time he went
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ?
    An EA one, Appaloosa I think
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7)
    Windows vista
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game.
    Origin download
  • Options
    RicalynnRicalynn Posts: 68 Member
    edited March 2013
    New issue randomly popped up.

Sims that learn logic while away at University are unable to tutor children when they return home. I had to go back a save to when my sim was only level 9 logic and then have her learn the last point in Sunset Valley to be able to tutor. A sim that learned level 5 logic in Sunset Valley did not have the same issue.

Possible fix for the Not appearing bug. if someone wants to try it, I just had a Sim go to China and not appear. I clicked on the homeworld icon at the top of the screen and went back to Appaloosa then hit return to game. It went through the China loading screen again and my Sim appeared this time.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top