Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The food truck in Bridgeport...

Is there any way to get it to some other town? I've only recently discovered buydebug, but I can't find it even there. And it doesn't seem to be in the build mode community lot stuff (or something) -list either.

It would just be kind of cool having it while playing in other towns too :)
01-06-18_5-09-41%C2%A0PM_2.png

Comments

• Options
    DawnLBrownDawnLBrown Posts: 9,193 Member
    edited February 2013
    I wish you could. I never been able to play Bridgeport. I think it's too much for my computer. I never used the food truck. I wish it was like the ice cream truck, which is in all worlds. Stalking everyone, LOL.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    kati77kati77 Posts: 3,146 Member
    edited February 2013
    I used it once, and it was quite cool to have my sims buy their food and then just sit on a bench eating it. They'd just seen a play and it was evening. Very romantic :)

Ice cream? Do you mean the snow cone trolley that came with Seasons, or have I completely missed something?

• Options
    smoothyrus129smoothyrus129 Posts: 1,440 Member
    edited February 2013
    Generations came with an ice cream truck. It drives all around whatever town you're in (even WA locations!), and it seems to park outside your active house for HOURS on end, even overnight!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Generations came with an ice cream truck. It drives all around whatever town you're in (even WA locations!), and it seems to park outside your active house for HOURS on end, even overnight!

Oh... I don't have Generations, and it's actually one of the only EP:s I haven't even considered getting. I just don't enjoy playing with kids so much. While the ice cream truck sounds really cool, I don't think that's enough reason for me to get Generations.

Although, I don't know... My sim just had a baby, my first baby ever to be born in game, I've normally adopted. Perhaps I'll change my mind about that like I did with Seasons, which I'm beginning to love, even though I'm still playing my first summer in it. But for now, I think I can do without the ice cream truck :)

• Options
    edited February 2013
    There's more to Generations than just kid stuff:

http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/generations/
  • Options
    CookinCookieCookinCookie Posts: 144 Member
    edited February 2013
    I thought the ice cream truck came with pets? :? Oh, and I believe there is a mod that allows food truck in different worlds.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    There's more to Generations than just kid stuff:

I better be unaware of that for now... I might consider if it's on sale one day :)

• Options
    smoothyrus129smoothyrus129 Posts: 1,440 Member
    edited February 2013
    I thought the ice cream truck came with pets? :? Oh, and I believe there is a mod that allows food truck in different worlds.

It might have! I got Gen and Pets at the same time, so I can't say for sure! Though I think I remember seeing someone say something about it being a Gen thing? idk. I just know that it's creepy to have it parked outside your house all night. It's not really ice cream- it's surveillance!
  • Options
    KonrilKonril Posts: 153 Member
    edited February 2013
    There is a way.

Overlook Point is the smallest lot in Bridgeport that happens to have a food truck stop. That may be the best place to "capture" one.

To make the capture, play a family in Bridgeport and check the lot two or three times a sim day. When you noticed a food truck is stopped there you can drop into edit game mode and save the lot to your bin. Once you have a copy of the lot with the food truck space and the food truck in it, you can place it in any world you want by zoning a commercial lot, and copying the captured lot from the bin.

The only limits to this method are that you can't add the food truck to an existing lot, and you can't make a residential food truck like this. If you want a food truck attached to another business or attraction then you need to build it around the food truck already placed. Being creative helps here. ;)

Also, the food truck won't drive around a non-city world. If you place one in Sunset Valley, for example, it will stay exactly where you placed it even if you have extra food truck parking somewhere else. But honestly, that can be convenient.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Konril, thanks for the tip! Perhaps I should try it... It just seems a lot of trouble, since I just stopped playing in Bridgeport. But I'll keep this in mind, and if I'm in the right mood, I'll try it :)

• Options
    edited February 2013

You're right, the ice cream truck does come with Pets.

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/The_Sims_3:_Pets
  • Options
    loveavrillavigneloveavrillavigne Posts: 7
    edited February 2013
    Where is the food truck? I haven't played Bridgeport much... where can I find it? :?:
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    DawnLBrown, so it's Pets? Well, don't have that either, and that I'm definitely not getting. While I love animals and especially dogs, training animals in sims just doesn't sound like something I'd like to do.
    Where is the food truck? I haven't played Bridgeport much... where can I find it?

That's a tough one :) It moves around... There's one place where I've seen it pretty often, but I don't remember what places it is near of. There's a subway station and a small park next to it. I think all of it's stops have some sort of benches somewhere near, because the sims have to sit down to eat. And there are some kind of yellow lines on the spots where it stops. I don't know if that was much help.

Edit: Just checked. It's next to Simerset subway station near Public Services Offices. It's not always there, but I've seen it there often.