Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Some info about hotels!

According to Twitter, SimGuruGraham says that you can choose to stay at a hotel or run it as your own!

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/l37rmn

So I guess this obviously means that npcs can run hotels!

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    edited February 2013
    Yes!!!!! :D

This ep just keeps getting better and better. :D
  • XxNiqhtAc3xXXxNiqhtAc3xX Posts: 394 New Member
    edited February 2013
    I hope this means we can build and stay in them in other places-whether WA sub-hoods or Sunset Valley, Bridgeport, etc.-because I can't really see the point of my sim staying at a resort in his home town :? . Unless I was planning to make him have and affair :twisted: which is the only scenario I can think of that brings a purpose to staying at a hotel in your own "hood"

-M-
    edited February 2013
    If anything there will probebly be some prebuilt hotels in the lots bins to place in any world. If not I'll copy the ones from IP. I've read were getting different types bungelows,resorts etc.

• Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    edited February 2013
    Ahhh! This is the info I was waiting for!

Edit: When IP comes out I plan to upload my resort to the exchange. So far it has swim up rooms on the main floor and I plan to add some ocean view rooms in addition to two penthouses to it.
    edited February 2013

Edit: When IP comes out I plan to upload my resort to the exchange. So far it has swim up rooms on the main floor and I plan to add some ocean view rooms in addition to two penthouses to it.

Yea no more desinating houses as no vistitors allowed so only my sims can spend the night in them and I pretend their hotels. Also now we can do away with the homebase shells in WA worlds and place actual hotels there.
    edited February 2013

Yea no more desinating houses as no vistitors allowed so only my sims can spend the night in them and I pretend their hotels. Also now we can do away with the homebase shells in WA worlds and place actual hotels there.

I know, I'm most excited for no more WA base camps. I hate those things, haha.
    edited February 2013
    Well when you think about it hotels was a given. Universities is adding the ability to lock your bedrooms and stuff now much like bv did with hotels and I think that will be included in the patch for the base game as well.

You'll click on the door and claim it as your room then you'll check in with you and or your family.
    edited February 2013
    Well when you think about it hotels was a given. Universities is adding the ability to lock your bedrooms and stuff now much like bv did with hotels and I think that will be included in the patch for the base game as well.

You'll click on the door and claim it as your room then you'll check in with you and or your family.

I'm curious to see exactly how the pricing for the hotels will work as well. I mean I know that the 5 star hotels will cost more than 1 star hotels. But I'm wondering if we'll be able to set the price per room type possibly. I highly doubt that it will happen, but I'd be over the moon if it did.
    edited February 2013
    I can't wait to see what the bungelow hotels look like. I hope they look like thier ts2 counterparts.
  • SugarRaveSugarRave Posts: 2,552 Member
    edited February 2013
    FINALLY!!! No longer will I have to make do with hangout lots! HUZZAH!!! :mrgreen:

These'll be a great place to send spouses during bachelor/bachelorette parties :twisted:
  • venusdemilosimsvenusdemilosims Posts: 1,918 Member
    edited February 2013
    YESSSSS :mrgreen:

Remember Hidden Springs had that lodge place? That is SO totally a hotel.
    jpnbanner2_zpscb7d2475.jpg header_zps436f0053.jpg

• EatCheesEatChees Posts: 1,378 Member
    edited February 2013
    I'm really looking forward to this pack! With underwater lots and hotels, in unison with Nrass Traveler Mod, worlds like Sunlit tides can be made into vaction worlds with hotels and scuba diving/boating! And finally no more using base camps as makeshift hotels!
    Sig.png
  • alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited February 2013
    Yes!!! I was worried I'd read you could only run them, but now you can visit them too I'm even more stoked for this game. :mrgreen: Why isn't it June yet? :cry:
  • cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,518 Member
    edited February 2013
    Only 4 months and a week to go :D

• jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,860 Member
    edited February 2013
    This is awesome. As much as I want aspects of OFB in the game, having a hotel/resort and having the only option to be running it would be disappointing. I am glad we're going to be able to do both.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • michellehilbrandmichellehilbrand Posts: 2,331 Member
    edited February 2013
    It will be nice to be able to stay in a hotel for a honeymoon if the couple can't afford a vacation yet. If you can stay in a hotel in your home world, that is going to require some interesting coding. I bet Twallan can have fun with that :D
  • LordDarthSimsLordDarthSims Posts: 1,306 Member
    edited February 2013
    I want my rich sims including Bruce Wayne, My simself, and Pete Jones to own Hotels and Resorts
  • midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    edited February 2013
    I want it NOW!!!! :)
  • DFGuyDFGuy Posts: 361 New Member
    edited February 2013
    There's a run-down resort in Lucky Palms that would be really fun to fix up into a hotel...
  • michellehilbrandmichellehilbrand Posts: 2,331 Member
    edited February 2013
    DFGuy wrote:
    There's a run-down resort in Lucky Palms that would be really fun to fix up into a hotel...

I did that and made a basecamp(Twallan's Traveller mod). It is a really good lot. I made the abandoned pool a real pool and fixed up the rooms. It turned out really nice.
  • ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    edited February 2013
    I really hope we can travel to our save files. This EP will tie up all the loose ends and could make us have an epic vacation EP as well if they just give us the option of "vacationing" in our save files.

How EPIC would it be to take off to SLT in a custom built and run resort we have going in our SLT save file as a family we play in BP? Snowy Winter turns into a gorgeous tropical vacation. We have everything we need but traveling abilities between worlds and hotels! We're getting the latter so please lord let us get the former.

Tho, I think if Graham is saying we can stay in our resorts, this gives me hope we can travel between worlds now.
  • sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    edited February 2013

I was thinking the exact same thing the other day and I cannot wait to do that.
  • danivixendanivixen Posts: 4,254 New Member
    edited February 2013
    I want it NOW!!!! :)

I know, right? This is exactly how I feel. :cry: I don't WANNA wait until June!!!!
  • miklcmiklc Posts: 3,110 Member
    edited February 2013
    This is so exciting, I can hardly wait for more information!