The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Reducing the size of my neighbourhood file

I have a Sunset Valley neighbourhood file that is now 109MB in size.

I'm playing on a very old notebook - Vista, only 3GB of RAM. And recently I finally cracked and bought 2 eps - Ambitions and Generations, so that I could build nicer homes.

As soon as the pre Seasons update was installed I began for the first time to experience Error Code 12. Having foolishly added these two EPs I am now virtually unable to play the game. It takes 20 minutes to boot, and if I'm lucky I can run it for about 15/20 minutes and save successfully. The next save will generate Error Code 12. If ageing up occurs or promotion or marriage or a party then nine times out of ten I'll get an Error Code 12. I am playing some sim days up to four times before I get through them.

If it wasn't for the fact that I'm working on a badge challenge I would delete the neighbourhood and play only small families in shoebox houses from then on.

My question is - what steps can I take to reduce the size of this game file? Deleting my three big mansions? Removing extra schools and meeting places? Reducing to only one public park? Demolishing houses to keep the number of sims down? Before I destroy months of hard work I should like to be sure it would actually do some good.

Thank you for your guidance.

Comments