Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Still having trouble downloading TS3 from Origin... please help.

Hello all!

I am a Macbook user. All my specs are way better than needed to run Origin and The Sims 3.
Every time I try to download any Sims 3 games on my Macbook or on my boyfriend's Macbook, it freezes at "Preparing Download". Then Origin says that it is unresponsive, and it won't let me force close unless I shut down the Macbook via the power button.

I have The Sims 3 and all EPs and SPs on MY Macbook besides Fast Lane Stuff. I am trying to download Showtime, but it freezes. So I guess you could say I don't have Showtime yet either.

My boyfriend has NEVER had any Sims 3 games on his Macbook before.
Both Macbooks are Macbook Pro 13"

I am able to download and install Bookworm, but unable to download and install ANY Sims 3 games.

Here's some information on what I've been told to do, but it hasn't worked:

My Macbook:

-Verified/Repaired disk permissions
-Removed antivirus software completely
-Made a new account and tried to download Showtime
-Updated to the latest version of OS X
-Updated my game with the Super Patcher
-Deleted The Sims 3 Preferences folder
-Deleted all cache
-Uninstalled/Reinstalled Origin completely five times
-Updated Java and Adobe Flash Player

Boyfriend's Macbook:

-Removed antivirus software completely
-Updated to the latest version of OS X
-Uninstalled/Reinstalled Origin completely five times
-Updated Adobe Flash Player (doesn't have Java)

So, as one can see.. I have done a lot of trouble shooting. The reason I've done less on my boyfriend's Macbook is because he's never had any games on his Macbook. I was told I was going to get an email within 5 - 7 days from EA telling me how to fix the problem, but it's been five days and I am growing impatient. I have spent SO much money on these games. I have been an avid simmer since The Sims 1. I want to be able to play the games I purchase, and I would love to have them all be digital downloads instead of having to use a disc to play. I am notorious for fidgeting around while I play, and moving my laptop while the disc is in scratches it. So I like digital downloads better! Someone please help me.