Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help me with my witch, please!

Hello guys.
I made a witch and leveled him up to lvl 10 of spell-casting skill. I decided to buy for him magic hands lifetime reward and he used it and it was all perfect.
However, when I moved him to another town, he needs wand to cast his spells, it's like magic hands doesn't exist, and I would buy it again, but I can't, there's no option for it. I tried curing him, then making him witch again, but it didn't work. Also I transformed him into werewolf and then into witch again, but still didn't work.
I am really desperate so I need any kind of help to solve this annoying glitch. I can't just play with him from the beginning because it took FOREVER to master his spell-casting skill. Also I don't use mods, so I don't know how to fix this... :cry:

Comments

• Options
    MarLin114MarLin114 Posts: 1,724 Member
    edited February 2013
    Hello MilutinMujovic :)

Your Sim is in a fix. I had a witch with magic hands also but after she leveled up to 10 I cured her. Never moved her to another town.

Since you don't use mods, and if there isn't a fix without them: Would you be willing to upload your Sim to the Exchange? Some of us who do use Twallan's mods can see if we can correct the problem and then upload the corrected version for you. You would likely need to upload your Sim as a household rather than a stand-alone Sim. Do you think that would work?

It's a shame because that magic hands reward is awesome. Have you tried it more than once (placing your Sim in a new town)?

Edit to correct spelling on your ID :oops:
    a.k.a. - Linda
  • Options
    MilutinMujovicMilutinMujovic Posts: 1,188 Member
    edited February 2013
    Thank you for offering me your help. That is so kind of you!
    Here he is, ready for the treatment.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6997431
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Thank you for offering me your help. That is so kind of you!
    Here he is, ready for the treatment.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6997431

Just found your post...will give it my best. Hope it works. :)
    a.k.a. - Linda
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Ahhh, very nice Sim you have sent me :) I rec'd for sure. Sent him to me tired but I woke him up with the mailbox cheat. He just formalized and conjured an apple. Time to get to work and try to get his magic hands back.

:mrgreen:

Edit 1: Just added your Sim to a game I have saved to prep sims for the bin. He had 2 Lifetime Rewards (No Bills Ever and Magic Hands). I checked his Spellcasting skill level using one of Twallan's mods and it's still a level 10. I'm in the process of placing him in Moonlight Falls so he can challenge one of the Crumplebottoms to a duel. I want to see if he uses his hands.

Edit 2: Just got him inside the Crumplebottom house. Bianca is hitting on him already. She's the target for the duel and doesn't know it (heh, heh, heh). He wasn't impressed, kinda blew her off :) He used the wand and lost the duel. He has a classic wand in his inventory, that's probably why he lost. Belinda is trying to brighten his day and it's queued up for Bianca to hit on him again. I'm going to take the wand out of his inventory (temporarily) to force him to use his hands. He rode a magic broom to their house but I didn't see that in his inventory.

Edit 3: Poor guy, the Crumplebottom sisters are acting like they're sailors who have been out to sea for the past 6 months (ladies, the gentleman has work to do). He keeps reverting back to that wand so I'm trying something else.

Edit 4: OMG! What I did worked! After I did it I had him play with magic and he's using his hands :) I'm going to have him do one more duel and then get him ready to send back to you.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    a.k.a. - Linda
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Hi MilutinMujovic :)

I'm getting ready to upload your fixed Sim. I added him to another world and had him play with magic and he's using his hands in this second world.

You should see the same amount of Lifetime Happiness points as when you sent him to me (or maybe there's a few more). Hopefully the funds will be the same also, sorry if they're not exact.

He changed his outfit so fast (formalized) and I haven't seen the outfit that he had when you uploaded him. If it was cc, it didn't transfer to my game so you'll need to re-dress him. I made no changes to the Sim at all, just worked on his lifetime reward. Will add the link.

Please let me know if everything is working for you properly when you receive your Sim.

Take good care,
    Lin

Here's the link. When I know you've received him, I'll delete him from my studio and the Exchange.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6998076
    a.k.a. - Linda
  • Options
    MilutinMujovicMilutinMujovic Posts: 1,188 Member
    edited February 2013
    OMG! It worked! Thank you so much, you're really nice!
    He can finally cast his spells with hands again.
    Those outfits are from Roccoco set from Sims Store.
    I enjoyed so much your descriptions what he's been through. :)
    P.S. What did you do actually? I mean with mods, I am very interested.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    OMG! It worked! Thank you so much, you're really nice!
    He can finally cast his spells with hands again.
    Those outfits are from Roccoco set from Sims Store.
    I enjoyed so much your descriptions what he's been through. :)
    P.S. What did you do actually? I mean with mods, I am very interested.

I'm really happy that it worked out and you have your Sim back to normal :) I wasn't sure about the outfit and why I didn't see it. I have the set but I guess I didn't install it (will have to do that next).

I used a Twallan/NRaas mod to check on his skill levels and rewards. I used the same mod to remove his Magic Hands Lifetime Reward. Then, I was able to purchase it again. After that I replaced the spent reward points to his total. It was pretty easy to do and I'm thrilled for you that it worked. The mod I used for your Sim is called Master Controller/Master Controller Cheats.

Have a super great weekend!
    Lin
    a.k.a. - Linda