Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Zombie's and your property

Hi everyone,

I just recently seen a couple of threads in regards to the zombies. Whether it's for the garden or for your house, it's truly up to you how many zombie's you want to invade your lot. Your lot is yours, and yours to do whatever you please. This includes fencing your property to the lot grid. This way there will be no zombies on your lot at all.

I like zombie's, but don't like their peeping tom habits when the house isn't fully fenced. Yes they peep in windows, even females LOL So I do this, I keep it mainly fenced with a small section just for zombie's. They are useful in alot of ways for the witches, I use the zombie's for their witchery levels. They are also entertaining and I put a trampoline out for them, and a Jelly bean plant. They love both of them, the trampoline is funny, when they fall off they go splat! :D

I just wanted to share how I fence the property for my sims, and not once has a zombie spawned in the fenced grounds. They will if it isn't, but I posted some photo's of my sim's, just moved in to their new home. It's not quite finished but I know one thing...No zombie's can get in!

screenshot_original.jpg
Above view of their new property, fully fenced and ready for zombies!

screenshot_original.jpg
Ahhhh, a zombie. He can hang out there but that's all he can do. He loved the jelly bean bush too lol :D

screenshot_original.jpg
A final shot of the house, with a fence surrounding it. This way zombie's will never get in, unless you leave the gates unlocked.

I hope this helps as it can be a pain in the bum with the zombie's. But you can still have them and not have them interfere with your sims. Yes sometimes the Zombie attack! comes up, but cancelling it is no problem. Plants are fully protected, and zombie's get pretty upset knowing they can never get through. :D Happy simming everyone!

Also if you make a fence, make sure it is a whole fence and connected, or zombies will spawn constantly.
FEvr1sR.gif

Comments

• DawnLBrownDawnLBrown Posts: 9,193 Member
    edited February 2013
    Are you sure zombies can never spawn inside the fenced in area? I thought I read some posts where people said they can...
  • christinebremnerchristinebremner Posts: 3,513 Member
    edited February 2013
    I am positive :) I have done this fence this way pretty much since i started playing it.

You can experiment yourself, by leaving a certain place for them and fencing the rest. They dont spawn, if they do there is a broken connection in the fencing to begin with. I have tried so many ways, this is the most effective way in my opinion.

Don't get me wrong, there are other ideas on how to keep zombies away, but my fencing keeps them away from my sims, garden, front door, and the actual property in general.

Think of your property as a grid. A lot. The rest of the world you play is not yours to play with unless you are in edit town mode. I usually start off with the crasftman house, and build a fence, a small one at first to stop them from entering the property and my garden. The rest is usually not fenced and that where they spawn. Behind the house and on the side and front. But they didnt spawn in the fenced area at all. That's what fenced are for. :)

But if there is a broken link in the fencing I can assure anyone that zombies will spawn until it is fenced off.

As far as im concerned this is the best way to keep them out and away from your sims living their life at home. You cannot truly get rid of zombies and thats why i leave a little bit for them to spawn, and my witch has a blast with them.

But this works for me very well, but i guess this may not work for everyone, but to me it was the most effective way to keep them out but still have them around at the same time. Hope that makes sense lol :)
    FEvr1sR.gif
  • DawnLBrownDawnLBrown Posts: 9,193 Member
    edited February 2013
    Thanks for that detailed explanation Christine!