Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How can I bring a ghost back to life cheat?

Is there a cheat to bring a ghost back to life? No mods please. Can I do it without the Oh My Ghost opportunity or Ambrosia or whatever? I'm tired of waiting.

Comments

• Options
    linklover1o1linklover1o1 Posts: 584
    edited February 2013
    DawnLBrown wrote:
    Is there a cheat to bring a ghost back to life? No mods please. Can I do it without the Oh My Ghost opportunity or Ambrosia or whatever? I'm tired of waiting.

Yes, A simple cheat. Have their grave stone out at your house, And when the ghost comes out to haunt in a night or 2 or 3, click CTRL SHIFT C and type in testingcheatsenabled true.(you got to type it in right or else it won't work) Then, while holding the SHIFT button on your keyboard, click the ghost. It should have: Edit Sim in Create-a-Sim. If it doesn't click: Add to Active Family and shift click him occasionally until it comes up.
    Hope it works out
  • Options
    10eliblue10eliblue Posts: 2,280 New Member
    edited February 2013
    Naw, that doesn't work. if you have Master Controller, you can click on the Remains, select "NRaas" and find "Resurrect". I think...
  • Options
    FleeraFleera Posts: 313 Member
    edited February 2013
    Hi Dawn. I don't think there is a cheat without a mod. I tried so hard to bring my ghost back the right ways and still there was a glitch that I ended up having to use a mod to fix and then bring her back. I even tried the CAS cheat and changing the life state. Although it looked like it worked in CAS, it didn't work once she was back in game. Sigh.
  • Options
    DawnLBrownDawnLBrown Posts: 9,193 Member
    edited February 2013
    Fleera wrote:
    Hi Dawn. I don't think there is a cheat without a mod. I tried so hard to bring my ghost back the right ways and still there was a glitch that I ended up having to use a mod to fix and then bring her back. I even tried the CAS cheat and changing the life state. Although it looked like it worked in CAS, it didn't work once she was back in game. Sigh.

Hi Fleera. Thanks for the reply. I'm trying to recall what else works to bring a ghost back besides the ghost opportunity and ambrosia. I know there are other in-game ways.
  • Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited February 2013

I think there are some lifetime rewards that can be used or some potions. I used the ambrosia method. If I wanted to get it done fast I would use Mastercontroller.

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited February 2013
    Will Ambrosia work on a ghost child? I'm trying for the ghost baby badge, and my Sim is now pregnant after WooHooing with her husband when he was a temporary ghost (he went through the haunted house and came out as a ghost for 3 hours). I don't want the baby to grow up as a ghost, so I was planning to get it through toddlerhood quickly then feed it Ambrosia to turn it human (depending if it's a boy or girl it can share a room with one of my current kids). Since ghost babies don't have a tombstone that I know of, this might be the only way to do it.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Dawn, looking around on the forums it looks like you can at least get a playable ghost by getting the philosopher's stone with the life time rewards points. I think it's pretty high, like 40,000 but you could easily cheat up your points to get it. It apparently has the option to "Bind Ghost" which makes them playable in your family.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Will Ambrosia work on a ghost child? ........ Since ghost babies don't have a tombstone that I know of, this might be the only way to do it.

I don't know if this would work or not. I had run into a problem recently trying to bring back a ghost that glitched and didn't have her tombstone anymore. I had to use NRAAS mods to bring her tombstone back before ambrosia would work.
  • Options
    edited February 2013

I am currently playing my "Emily and the Ghost" game. Emily joined the household of a vampire ghost and his housekeeper, her aunt. When Emily grew up she and Sebastian, the ghost, became a couple and had a ghost child, Julian. Julian has had his grave marker in his backpack since he was born. He is a toddler now and I plan to feed him ambrosia when he ages up. I'll let you know if I have any problems.

In the meantime Sebastian has eaten the ambrosia that Emily fixed for him and he is a vampire again. And now they are expecting another child.

• Options
    AlitoniAlitoni Posts: 2,473 Member
    edited February 2013
    Here's a link to Carl's Guides http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/info/ghosts.php. Also I believe you can use one of your wishes from the genie lamp to resurrect a Sim. I used it once when a Sim I had my eye on died from a meteor. I just went to the cemetery, manage dead, took stone home and then summoned genie. He returned to his own house and life went on.
  • Options
    shideh357shideh357 Posts: 866 New Member
    edited February 2013
    Also putting your ghost into the time machine (made by inventors in ambitions) has a small chance of them coming back to normal. I used this method but I had to send that ghost into the time machine for three days straight before it worked.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Alitoni wrote:
    Also I believe you can use one of your wishes from the genie lamp to resurrect a Sim.

Ah, that's a good one to know, thank you. I don't have Showtime, so no genies for me yet.

cwaddell: Thank you for letting us know about the ghost baby having a tombstone! Very cool!

shideh357: Really, that works? That would have been fun to try! Thank you for the info.
  • Options
    bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    edited February 2013
    If you have Supernatural, and a witch with maxed spellcasting, you can do a reanimation ritual on their tombstone. That brings them back as a zombie, then you use a Sunlight Charm to turn them back normal.

And then you use a potion to turn them into a Mummy. Or maybe that's just me. :twisted:
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    bklienhart wrote:
    If you have Supernatural, and a witch with maxed spellcasting, you can do a reanimation ritual on their tombstone. That brings them back as a zombie, then you use a Sunlight Charm to turn them back normal.

And then you use a potion to turn them into a Mummy. Or maybe that's just me. :twisted:

That's the one I was looking for! Thanks so much. I can do this one. I have a witch in the household with maxed spellcasting. Not the ghost's spouse but who cares. She can bring him back. <slaps head> How could I forget this one!
  • Options
    SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    edited February 2013
    bklienhart wrote:

It's definitely just you. :shifty eyes:
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited February 2013
    cwaddell wrote:
    I am currently playing my "Emily and the Ghost" game. Emily joined the household of a vampire ghost and his housekeeper, her aunt. When Emily grew up she and Sebastian, the ghost, became a couple and had a ghost child, Julian. Julian has had his grave marker in his backpack since he was born. He is a toddler now and I plan to feed him ambrosia when he ages up. I'll let you know if I have any problems.

In the meantime Sebastian has eaten the ambrosia that Emily fixed for him and he is a vampire again. And now they are expecting another child.

Cool scenario! As it turns out, my Sim had a normal child, so I'll have to wait till next fall to see if the haunted house will turn my Sim into a ghost again, or maybe one of the kids can discover Ghost potion in the chemistry set. (As it turned out, the kid got the Hot-Headed trait, so I had him get into a fight with the boy who's the ward of the parents, then they both got a time out, then I packed him off to military school -- it'll come into play later in my story line. 8) )
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    edited February 2013

Everything went according to plan for my vampire ghost toddler when he aged up to a child. No problems when he ate the ambrosia. Here is a Post with pictures from my game

• Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited February 2013
    :D If you do ever get the genie, it definitely works and is one of the wishes that I have used. :D
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    bklienhart wrote:

I used the reanimation ritual and sunlight charm. Once he was human again, he took off like a bat out of hell. He wasn't part of the household. But he was still my sim's fiancee so getting him back was pretty easy. Another sim asked him to move back in. I wanted control of him for the wedding. No mummies for me. :)
  • Options
    EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    Hey folks, closing this thread following a wee necro that wasn't quire on topic with this discussion. I've split that post into a new thread titled "How to revive my Sim when there's no tombstone?". If you're having a similar issue that would be a good thread to join in on or share your workaround :)
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top