Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Promotions - Moving up the ladder TOO soon?

Does anyone else notice that their sims get promoted even though they don't meet the job's highlighted skill requirements?

Why is this? I don't really appreciate the bug as I like having to 'work' towards meeting these requirements... Otherwise what is the point of being in the military career and having very low athletic skillpoints?

Anyone else noticing this in their games?

Comments

• Options
    ANNAPTXANNAPTX Posts: 3,742 Member
    edited February 2013
    The job promotions are largely based on that green progress bar that you can see on the employment panel..once the bar is filled to a certain point, then a promotion is given...having the skill points do move the promotion along a bit faster...it also depends on what you choose when your sim goes to work.."Business as usual", "Meet Co-Workers", etc. Those actions can also play a role in filling the job progress bar. I do see your point..it IS kind of strange to get a promotion without the required skills.. 8)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited February 2013
    The listed items are helpful, but not all necessary -- if you're behind in one item, you can make up for it with extra performance in other areas. Working late when you get the opportunity, working from home (if you're a Workaholic) and certain opportunities can increase the job performance bar, so if you're a law enforcement officer and are having trouble questioning people because they're all celebrities and you have to impress them before you can befriend them to question them, you're not stuck. :roll:
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)