Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Point of Gift-giving? Flamingos anyone?

I want to ask, what is the point of gift-giving in-game through the mail box to other players listed as friends?

Can we only give flamingos? Is there anything more to it? I'm not so convinced for the moment. :roll:

Comments

• rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member
    edited February 2013
    Yes, you can get other gifts besides flamingos.

I think gifts are chosen at random. It's been a while since I sent one to someone, though, so I can't say for sure. :?
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
  • blueeyed32blueeyed32 Posts: 1,469 New Member
    edited February 2013
    If you have supernatural you can send potions.
  • AlitoniAlitoni Posts: 2,473 Member
    edited February 2013
    You also get lifetime happiness points for sending gifts. I think it's 600 pts per gift you send.
  • sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited February 2013
    Imo the only good part about it is sending elixirs. Whenever a friend sends me a gift its usually something my sims already have or don't want, such as a toilet or a chair that doesn't even match my sims house (or every now and again, something rare like 50 simoleons) lol.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • JassieteacakeJassieteacake Posts: 237 Member
    edited February 2013
    Alitoni wrote:
    You also get lifetime happiness points for sending gifts. I think it's 600 pts per gift you send.

Awesome, thanks for sharing that. I didn't know this added to LHP. :D
  • xkaylanicolexxkaylanicolex Posts: 3,760 Member
    edited February 2013
    I don't have Supernatural and I can send potions and elixers.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited February 2013
    I think the potion option doesn't come up if the recipient doesn't have Supernatural registered.

It's just a fun thing to do -- I think I've only gotten a flamingo once, most of the time I get plants or other decor items, though once I got about 700 Simoleons. I hardly bother buying decor stuff anymore; between the online gifts and the love letters I get plenty of items to dress up my houses. :roll:
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)