Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are your thoughts on Traveling to the Future? We want to hear from you!!

Comments

• crockatailcrockatail Posts: 312 Member
    edited May 2013
    For the past how about Ancient Egypt,A more realize Medieval(since Sims3 pet has horses in it),and recipes of the time:)

• meaghansrmeaghansr Posts: 10 New Member
    edited May 2013
    If sims are able to travel to the past, it would be interesting if they could alter the course of history and, when they return to their own time, find some things have changed subtly or significantly.

If they can travel to the future, it'd be neat if they could swipe some future technology, bring it back to the present, and claim they invented it or they could just use it to make their own lives better/easier and/or show the tech off to other sims.

New plantable items would be fun too! Maybe some hybrid plants created by future scientist sims?

I also like the idea of new computers that aren't desktops or laptops, but see-through/hologram touch-screen types. And hovercars (or hoverboards à la Back to the Future Part II) and jetpacks! You gotta have jetpacks in the future.

Androids would be fun too; they could be similar to the simbots from Ambitions, but more sophisticated and life-like with extra interactions and abilities. Maybe for those with Pets installed, there could also be android-like animals.

It would also be interesting if sims could travel back or forward in time and bring along a "local" from the past or future to experience the sim present and see how they react.
  • RockoutDarciRockoutDarci Posts: 3,092 Member
    edited May 2013
    I think that the occult for the future expansion should be cyborgs. Half robot, half sim. That would be perfect!

Girl-Cyborg-wires.jpg
    cyborg_girl_by_dexteradriano-d5alfz2.jpg
    terminator_3_cyborgphotos-wordpress-com.jpg
    68843.jpg
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSGUrLG0z4UMYp5u01y9ubAvHVKmIU0OmgzbljIkSAgJgtj0i2W
    android-cyborg-inspiration-6.jpg
    cyborg_by_elguaricho-d5n2i7c.jpg
    574818-borg4.jpg
    star_trek_online-pcscreenshots25646borg_02.jpg
    Seven-of-Nine-Star-Trek-Voyager.jpg
    Voyager-Time-Capsule-Seven-of-Nine-seven-of-nine-16862245-692-530.jpg
    Love Like A Snail: An Inter.s.e.x. Story.
    thefoxsims.weebly.com/
    3825869_orig.png
  • Hunter_JinHunter_Jin Posts: 175
    edited May 2013
    It may be totally unrelated and very simple but I would love a ladder and a flashlight (belt, cap, or chest flashlight) :mrgreen:
  • DavidrayDavidray Posts: 91 Member
    edited May 2013

• What does a future Utopia look like in The Sims 3 in your mind? How would you imagine the environment, buildings, and other visual parts of the world to look?

I'd love a Future Utopia that extends the Future Shock/Lunar Lakes visuals as well as fleshing out the Atomic Age sets.

The Atomic Age vibe reflected in the curves & fluid lines of Architecture found in the Jetsons & Forbidden planet. A kind of 1950's/60's vision of the Future.

Perhaps extending that to the build items...Curved walls? Sloping arches? Circular doors & Windows?

A Utopia that has a balance of Nature & future tech- room for growing vegetables & flower gardens? A balance of metal & green & open air & water & wood.

Or areas that are all tech and sleek... antiseptic & metallic.

• If your Sim is hanging out in the future, where would they spend most of their time?

Assuming this is a Utopian future all our technology would free up Sims for creative pursuits- Science, Art, Exploration , Learning. So perhaps community spaces for painting, sculpting & performance. All that is pretty well represented in current gameplay- but perhaps Yoga and Dance Performance could be added as skills.

• If there were robots in the future and they could be part of your household, what would you like them to do?

Robot maids, robot chefs, robot "companions/spouses", robot "children", robot Performers (singers/dancers), robot NPC's police/fire etc.

Perhaps a Party Dining table with a Robot Chef? Robot bartenders?

• Name a few of the new careers you’d most enjoy for your Sims in a future setting.

I'd love the astronaut career to be extended to Space Explorer.
    Time Travelling Relic Hunter.

• Name a few objects you’d love to see in a Sims’ future.

Holographic chess or "TV"? Perhaps even a Holographic Performance Venue.

Computers that produce completed meals...or perhaps a refrigerator/oven... put in raw ingredients-out comes completed meal- Very Jetsons.

• Are there any existing objects that you’d envision transforming in the future and if so, which ones?

Hopefully Schoolbuses, Police Cars etc could all get a futuristic makeover... Hover crafts, Monorails, Shuttle Tubes etc.

Hopefully a contemporary styled elevator or a Tube-style elevator would be available.

Perhaps some of the more rustic or contemporary items could get a sci-fi makeover. Things like the Inventing Table seem a little Low-tech rustic.

Perhaps Objects like the Skating rinks & Skateboard park could get some kind of Hover-Skate/Hover-board makeover.

Some kind of Zero gravity basketball?

• How would you expect your Sims’ lives to be affected by traveling back and forth to the future?

Perhaps the future Sci Fi style clothing could refect silhouettes of past era's. In the way that movies like Logan's Run had 70'polyester disco/ sci fi outfits that were kind of reminiscent of roman togas, or Hunger Games or the movie Aeon Flux had futuristic costumes that were reminiscent of the 1940's.

edited May 2013
    Atomic Age expanded...
    a retro vision of the future? a little "Jetsons" ? A little "Forbidden Planet"?
    jetsony3_zpsb7105eb4.jpg

forbidden4_zpsdcf136bb.jpg
    forbidden2_zpsc4874667.jpg

forbidden1_zps31e9f01c.png

jetsony6_zpsf62*****.jpg

jetsony4_zps9ed075ee.jpg

jetsony72_zps331b97a7.jpg

jetsony2_zpsfa336596.jpg
    edited May 2013
    Time Travel CostumesFuture Shock clothing?
    70's Sci Fi... Disco Polyester Roman togas... Star Trek Jumpsuits...

Atomic Age clothing?
    Flash Gordon & Things To Come- retro Future?

Hunger Games & Aeon Flux- 1940's meet the year 3000?

logans_zps3c098a57.png
    logans2_zpsc2df1ad8.jpglogans1_zps3d80ac5d.jpg
    trekish1_zps46af57c3.jpg
    Things1_zps96deb8a3.jpg
    Things3_zpsd43bb220.jpg
    sci_fi_retro8_zpse7ca277f.jpg
    trekish2_zpsb5b2edbd.jpg
    forbidden2_zpsc4874667.jpg
    aeon7_zps4d5a1df0.jpg
    HUNGERGAMESCOSTUMES-CAPITOLCITYFASHION_zpsa30e1b54.jpeg
    edited May 2013
    Future Life Styles...
    All tech & Space age? A balance of Tech & Rustic?
    logans4_zpse787c368.jpg
    logans2_zpsc2df1ad8.jpg
    Aeon5_zps95210056.jpg
    edited May 2013
    More inspiration from movies?
    Expanding Wretched Threads & Loud Fast Crash for a dystopian Punk future a la Blade Runner?
    Time Travel affecting future fashion with a retro look like Blade Runner?
    blade-runner-fashion-12_zps09ddcb48.jpg
    bladerunner1SeanYoungasRachel_zpsf470e368.jpg
    Harrison-Ford-as-Deckard-in-Bladerunner-blade-runner-8243054-2160-1401_zpsf03625bc.jpg
  • HermioneStrangRHermioneStrangR Posts: 32 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I don't plan on buying this expansion pack whatsoever. The whole premise of time travel in the Sims is ridiculous and I'd much rather have a more realistic expansion pack. Enough with the fantasy and give us a Business expansion pack like in Sims 2, but with lawyers, realtors, and the ability to have a business where Sims can buy their cars, clothes, and furniture all in one place or several places like a mall or small businesses!
  • tallcoolonetallcoolone Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited May 2013
    Not interested in Futuristic gameplay or fantasy gameplay or time travel at all.

Totally agree with the simmer above me that an Open For Business type aspect is needed in this game, it's the reason I went BACK to Sims 2 and haven't been spending on TS3.
    My Page https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/tallcoolone
    Send me a friend request for Simport

• GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    edited May 2013
    The whole premise of time travel in the Sims is ridiculous and I'd much rather have a more realistic expansion pack.

Sims as a game are ridiculus, that is a whole point. Sims are not about realisam. :wink:
  • SakurakosanSakurakosan Posts: 13 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I am excited for something for the future...hm, I think one big thing I'd want to see are more buildings? A bigger city... I want to see more diversity in the buildings as far as shape and size go. Because after playing around in Bridgeport and other worlds... The skyline just looks the same. It gets very boring..
    I think time travel would be great. If the ep is in the future than shouldn't you be able to travel into the past? I think it'd be great if this were made into a separate playable world like in WA and UL

I want a cityscape that can be easily adjusted to a Dystopia type like what I've been trying to find/create to make some sims from my story.
    More playable careers would be nice too.
  • frylock243frylock243 Posts: 281 New Member
    edited May 2013
    One thing that you could add that would relate to the "future" for my Sims would be the groundwork to allow my Sims3 games to begin to translate over to Sims4.

I understand that the entire game file would not transfer because Sims4 would be bare bones again, but how about at least being able to bring in my favorite Sims and families? Some of my favorite game franchises allow the crossing over of game avatars across sequels. So why not my unique Simmies and families? The faces and relationships should at least be basically translatable with only some minor updates.
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited May 2013
    CK213 wrote:
    More ME3 inspiration:

[IMG][/img]

Love the head/hair of the alien to the left in this pic. Also would love a lockness monster type since Sims 3 got cut short and wasn't rounded out with several necessary things.

Also would love Passies for toddlers, piercings, belly chain, belly button diamond, anklets, more necklaces, and bracelets.

I think piercings would go good with the future, as well as belly chains. I think Lea wore one in the 2nd StarWars.

Flashlights and lanturns for exploring would be nice.

Hair could include afros for all ages/sexes and spiral and long curly hair for toddlers to elder women. More toys for kids would be nice(merry go round, scooters, tricycles for toddlers, baby dolls and porceline dolls for girls, kiddy pool. Would be nice to get some normal things also since the game is ending and sims will start in the present before going to the future. Oh pretty please. If you do decide to add past, I hope it is pioneer so we can get wash boards, wringer washers, tractors, farm animals like cows, pigs, and goats, and crops like corn and greenbeans. Wagons for horses. ect. Oh, pretty please, help round out Sims 3 before it ends. :mrgreen:
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    edited May 2013
    Well if your gonna send sims back to the past make it so that historical events happen and you can become king or queen ect. I think sims should be able to travel back to the past live the way they lived back then but also have the choice to live there. Kind of like how world adventures is set up but living in that time and rules.There should also be different times to go back to like caveman and medieval. maybe feature could be like if your sim became a good doctor it would effect the future your sims traveled too also my sim is the Evil Lord job or what ever its called it would be nice if i could really effect the world. Let the future react to the items science set and such creating a cure for something inventing something.
    edited May 2013

I am also hoping this Future World will be a CITY!

Davidray wrote:

• What does a future Utopia look like in The Sims 3 in your mind? How would you imagine the environment, buildings, and other visual parts of the world to look?

I'd love a Future Utopia that extends the Future Shock/Lunar Lakes visuals as well as fleshing out the Atomic Age sets.

The Atomic Age vibe reflected in the curves & fluid lines of Architecture found in the Jetsons & Forbidden planet. A kind of 1950's/60's vision of the Future.

Perhaps extending that to the build items...Curved walls? Sloping arches? Circular doors & Windows?

A Utopia that has a balance of Nature & future tech- room for growing vegetables & flower gardens? A balance of metal & green & open air & water & wood.

Or areas that are all tech and sleek... antiseptic & metallic.

• If your Sim is hanging out in the future, where would they spend most of their time?

Assuming this is a Utopian future all our technology would free up Sims for creative pursuits- Science, Art, Exploration , Learning. So perhaps community spaces for painting, sculpting & performance. All that is pretty well represented in current gameplay- but perhaps Yoga and Dance Performance could be added as skills.

• If there were robots in the future and they could be part of your household, what would you like them to do?

Robot maids, robot chefs, robot "companions/spouses", robot "children", robot Performers (singers/dancers), robot NPC's police/fire etc.

Perhaps a Party Dining table with a Robot Chef? Robot bartenders?

• Name a few of the new careers you’d most enjoy for your Sims in a future setting.

I'd love the astronaut career to be extended to Space Explorer.
    Time Travelling Relic Hunter.

• Name a few objects you’d love to see in a Sims’ future.

Holographic chess or "TV"? Perhaps even a Holographic Performance Venue.

Computers that produce completed meals...or perhaps a refrigerator/oven... put in raw ingredients-out comes completed meal- Very Jetsons.

• Are there any existing objects that you’d envision transforming in the future and if so, which ones?

Hopefully Schoolbuses, Police Cars etc could all get a futuristic makeover... Hover crafts, Monorails, Shuttle Tubes etc.

Hopefully a contemporary styled elevator or a Tube-style elevator would be available.

Perhaps some of the more rustic or contemporary items could get a sci-fi makeover. Things like the Inventing Table seem a little Low-tech rustic.

Perhaps Objects like the Skating rinks & Skateboard park could get some kind of Hover-Skate/Hover-board makeover.

Some kind of Zero gravity basketball?

• How would you expect your Sims’ lives to be affected by traveling back and forth to the future?

Perhaps the future Sci Fi style clothing could refect silhouettes of past era's. In the way that movies like Logan's Run had 70'polyester disco/ sci fi outfits that were kind of reminiscent of roman togas, or Hunger Games or the movie Aeon Flux had futuristic costumes that were reminiscent of the 1940's.

• heat33330heat33330 Posts: 255 Member
    edited May 2013
    Not interested and I hate it.

Most TS3 players wanted OFB and not this crap. Without OFB this game is not complete. :evil:
  • skittles97skittles97 Posts: 5
    edited May 2013
    I think the idea of time travel is wonderful, and I have to say I'm very excited about it! I've always wanted my sims to be able to travel in the past and future, and with the time machine in Ambitions I was stoked, but I always wished that I could go back/forward in time with them.
    Just a little suggestion or idea if the next expansion pack is on Time Travel, I think it would be totally cool if the creature could be a time lord (Doctor Who) and if they die in the game they could regenerate. So for example your sim dies from drowning, they could regenerate and look like a totally different sim, like the random button in Create-a-Sim. Just an idea, but I think it would be really great if this happens ^-^
    :mrgreen:
  • murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited June 2013
    heat33330 wrote:
    Not interested and I hate it. Most TS3 players wanted OFB and not this crap. Without OFB this game is not complete. :evil:

Unless EA brought the old OFB favorires BACK in TT? ;) Where else can Robotics go, I ask you?
  • Blue9iteBlue9ite Posts: 44
    edited June 2013
    I don't know how that will work and if people will want something like that. I imagine that we'll be getting our Sims to go to a different neighborhood when they 'time travel' to the future. I don't think that the Sims series is ready for that yet. It needs to introduce more features like Businesses, more realistic public transports and other things. That way when our Sims travel to the future we can see how awesome they will evolve and change.

• thomkhattthomkhatt Posts: 9
    edited June 2013
    Public transport would need to be a monorail or some other cool system. A sliding door that disappears into the wall. Gravity boots or shoes. Robots would be neat if they did chores but had little or no personality. Hovercraft cars. would also like to be able to go back to say a Roman era and a wild west era with limited technology.
  • little_monkey7little_monkey7 Posts: 28
    edited June 2013
    I'd really like to see space (exploration/discovery/travel/research) added with this pack, as far as possible. For example:

•Name a few of the new careers you’d most enjoy for your Sims in a future setting.

Space explorer maybe?
  • GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    edited June 2013
    The name of this expansion is TS3 ''Into the future'' :D
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited June 2013
    GREENEYA wrote:
    The name of this expansion is TS3 ''Into the future'' :D

Yeah!!! That was my favourite suggestion!!! :D