Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are your thoughts on Traveling to the Future? We want to hear from you!!

Comments

• RobBauerRobBauer Posts: 110 Member
    edited April 2013
    I was thinking about this expansion idea earlier this week and I did have a few ideas, what if Simlish has evolved over time and you would have fewer interactions when talking to a future dweller until you met more people and used the newer objects there and improved a hidden skill of some sort. I would be more interested in an expansion taking place in Ancient Rome or Medieval times though really.
  • alanna_babealanna_babe Posts: 6
    edited April 2013
    Zerbu wrote:
    They should put in transport tubes that can take sims from one part of the town to another, like these. :mrgreen:

Evacuated-Tube-Transport-ET3-Fast-Trans-Oceanic-Travel-03_large.jpg
    article-2131957-12AA39AD000005DC-807_634x302.jpg
    s-EVACUATED-TUBE-TRAVEL-large.jpg

Or if not that, some other sort of sky travel system like this:
    Futuristic-City-9-V5MM38IZ95-1024x768.jpg

^love it! Exactly what I would like to see in the game too.
  • MrmarciscoolMrmarciscool Posts: 6 New Member
    edited April 2013
    I envision a future as having floor and roof glass tiles, and better car animations.....
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    edited April 2013
    Time Travel is not something I am interested in... But what I will say is this: NO SERVOS PLEASE!!! We have SimBots... Just update those. I would like a whole new LifeState for this EP (Like Fairies). Only then will I consider purchasing it.

Thanks for listening (or reading).
  • spencermagnanspencermagnan Posts: 8
    edited April 2013
    i like the whole idea of haveing a non rabit wholle futer area :D
    therefor TAKE MY MONEY lol
  • fiona29054fiona29054 Posts: 66
    edited April 2013
    In the future there should be floating UFOs instead of taxis. Same thing with cars. That would be cool! :D
  • SexcBGSexcBG Posts: 30 Member
    edited April 2013
    #1 must have back to the future car *Seriously* you cant not have this!!!
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQzDqjnnZk8wPl-6MXOIuJbjGMd7uz8q3cH142sGIrBchINhHAhlg
    Floating Houses maybe? Beds, furniture etc. *If you could make whole world float like outer space even better =)
    I would love to have the clear tile back. I do believe it was in an older version of the Sims if not Please make back.
    Love everyone's the Hologram ideas. :D
    I think Sims should be some what advance. *give them cool mind powers. :)
    *The ability for a Sim to freeze time =) that would be cool you could skill up very quickly. Or cause mischief
    Robot helpers is cool, However, if they where playable, having to charge them would replace sleep, I think they should have a special connection to electronics talk to them etc maybe gain skills or parts from them idk, of course if I was a robot or Sim I would want a robot dog =) how cute would that be.
    *That leads to what if you have Sim Robot relations? Then you could have hybrid cyborg Sims that would be epic!
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTdaVhMV-xzlI51AgiSQpNYoQqi2X6gkSwX7BZ1cxi3pgbQeLhq6w
    Oh imagine if you could play music through robot dog like you can in life hahaha
    OMG Need cool space tube elevators like pic bellow
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR66UmzJ1HQLDRSjk1IPW99F5UJEJ4n8Ct1-r-Dgu8PIbCYloJT
    Jet packs, toy laser, escalators for stairs and side walk
    Smart Houses
    Food in pill forms
    When I think of future I think of the jetsons
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS4HDuanWJZSliXJgLPmazfl_1LHZzor5gik81oJqBclyvvCk00
    That is what I mean by floating houses and stuff, also that a really cute car.
    What I would hate to see is a improved version of Lunar Lakes, to me that is not future that is another world, alien type.(plus been there done that)
    Future should be more Jetsons.
    Any-who these are my random thoughts of things I found interesting :wink:

I do not understand why there are so many party poppers if you don't like the idea, Here is a thought don't post on a forum asking for ideas common sense, if it dose not interest you do not comment. As for the past stuff that sounds cool but it defeats the purpose of calling it future.(but you can argue you cant have future with out past hmm :?: idk lol still it would be way to much work I think it would make more sense to have a future now and a past later btw I do not agree with time periods, medieval go get that game, if they do past it should be Flintstones with dinosoars and rock cars :mrgreen: )
    Personally I was not super excited about this EP(Mainly because Island paradise is too amazing to focus on anything else), however, some EP's that I thought I would hate I actually love. Plus it is so refreshing to have a brand new idea not a improved old idea.
  • SexcBGSexcBG Posts: 30 Member
    edited April 2013
    I just thought of something else Sim robot wars that would be cool :) They could do that in the arena.
    Or you could have smaller robot fights and have Sims make and battle robots as hobbies.
    Remote control planes and car toys for kids.
    Also race like Tron in the stadium
    Fashion from like the hunger games would be cool as well, crazy modification to skin, crazy hair etc.
  • RanthamboreRanthambore Posts: 6
    edited April 2013
    1) A time capsule: If my Sim buries it in the soil now, maybe later a future sim may come from the time machine and give me some money, he he ;)

2)Robots : They are cool! We could buy robots from the future.

3) Undo our mistakes of our earlier sim lives........

4) The past could be more like sims medieval......

5) Or a bit more into the past, we could meet dinosaurs (for some blind animal lovers, they could adopt them :P)...........

• GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    edited April 2013
    To7m wrote:
    Time Travel is not something I am interested in... But what I will say is this: NO SERVOS PLEASE!!! We have SimBots... Just update those. I would like a whole new LifeState for this EP (Like Fairies). Only then will I consider purchasing it.

Thanks for listening (or reading).

I would love servos. :)

Simbots are different robot types. :wink:
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited April 2013
    ^^^ I'd like an even better version of servos!!! I'm thinking robots that look like sims but are like super-sims!!! :mrgreen:

I just posted this in the Homecrafts thread and thought I'd come and bother the gurus about it here as well:

I'm also hoping we get some unusual but beautiful harvestables in the Time Travel expansion: a bit like the glowing life, flame and plasma fruits. I like the idea of futuristic natural scientists having modified super plants! I'm thinking there could be a green or white glowing fruit that replenishes all your needs when you eat it... but eating too many in a short space of time has a bad effect, maybe turning you into some freaky creature for a short space of time. So, it would be a really useful fruit for emergancies! :lol: It could be like a mega-apple!

Maybe there could be a life fruit specifically for servo/simbot/supersims too... maybe it would be sun fruit? Because servo's used to power up by standing in the sunlight. Solar Fruit???

And there could be a juice as well!!! Solar juice (like plasma juice) and simborgs could get addicted to it (I'm thinking of Futurama's Bender potential here!!!) :lol:
  • murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited April 2013
    :lol: BENDER! :thumbup:
  • gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    edited April 2013
    We need more feedback from EA so we know what direction they are actually going so we can answer intelligently :)

How is that for a hint for more info :mrgreen:
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited April 2013
    murfeel wrote:
    :lol: BENDER! :thumbup:

Stop calling me names Murfeel!!! :cry:

Or are you planning on going on one? :D

(They might be cultural jokes that might not make sense to most people. :XD: )

I hope we get some info during the chat! I'm very excited to hear what the gurus are up to with this!!!

I love how they announced the line-up for the whole year but the suspense is killing me! :lol:
  • Ezo_KeyataEzo_Keyata Posts: 405 New Member
    edited April 2013
    Right.

In the 50s/60s/70s, we thought we would have flying cars, robots, and only work 3 days a week. Well, maybe, instead of all that, maybe higher prices for stuff? Different fashion? Different music, maybe more future-shock type stuff, but not like hovering and floating things.

How about SOME advancements? But all the no flying cars/robots thing would make for a BORING EP, so go on, add em in! :lol::lol:

Maybe when you talk to them, they could be surprised by the way you talk? There could be an interaction to *talk about way of life*, and they future dwellers could be surprised by how basic it is!

The method of getting there HAS to be TARDIS like OR (preferably) the DELOREAN FROM BACK TO THE FUTURE!

I'm not sure what else. Maybe teleportation has become the norm? Or you have to wear a special suit so you blend in/can survive in the new environment. Some activites from the past could be long gone or worst-banned! So you get arrested for doing these in public/in front of future dwellers.

I also think it would be good for us to be able to bring back future dwellers to our time, or have the chance to LIVE IN THE FUTURE!

If a future dweller comes back, s/he should be confused by somethings, and worried by it all. Then, eventually, they get used to it. Or they could be to scared and go back to the future!

If you bring back some new technology, you could show it to people. Maybe you could bring back something to WRECK HAVOCK AROUND THE NEIGHBOR HOOD!

Anyway, thats all I've got....for now :lol:

Edit: The future world may be consumed by war? But with mechas and railguns/plasma guns with aliens.....you get the idea.

Can't remember who said it, but the 3 future world types, good, medium and bad, and you can go from your base game to one, but then you can change from that one to a higher/lower, and it can constantly move between the 3?

That NEEDS to happen.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • MegancharltonMegancharlton Posts: 3,731 New Member
    edited April 2013
    • What does a future Utopia look like in The Sims 3 in your mind? How would you imagine the environment, buildings, and other visual parts of the world to look?

First of all, I would think that buildings would have progressed. Hovering buildings, a more modern look, higher skyscrapers and things like that. Roads would be most likely be made out of metal to make some sort of magnetic force to make the hover cars, well, hover. There would be next to no plants outside, and more genetically engineered in labs. But there would be part of the world where people live like we do presently, grow plants, cook their own meals, and shun the growing enhancement of technology, because not everyone will agree with the modernization of the world.

• If your Sim is hanging out in the future, where would they spend most of their time?

Somewhere where they can hide from their descendants. I mean, that would totally tear the fabric of time, right? I suspect time travel bases and whatnot for time-travelling sims. Maybe they could go to a futuristic bar of somesort, or a new technological gym. Either way, they can not run into their descendants.

• If there were robots in the future and they could be part of your household, what would you like them to do? .

Since technology makes everyone lazier, it would be best if robots did washing, cleaning, cooking, gardening, any sort of human chore. They will most likely be slaves.

• Name a few of the new careers you’d most enjoy for your Sims in a future setting.

Well, there is one career I think mandatory- time travel police. I mean, we can't have nutjobs ruining the past and present, can we? If your sim messes with time, they can get arrested and imprisoned. If your sim is a time travel policeman, he should always have a time travel machine on hand. Oh, and he should also have a deletion button, to delete certain events that would have changed the course of history. I think an Engineer-type career would also be necessary- where are we gonna get all these new-spangled thinking machines?

• In the future setting, what activities would you like your Sims to partake in?

LeviBoarding! This is my own, made-up sport in which everyone plays on levitating boards! These can be used for transportation, or to pull epic tricks, or to play LeviSoccer!

• Name a few objects you’d love to see in a Sims’ future.

Well, firstly automatic machines. Automatic coffee machine, automatic washing machine... you get my drift. And LEVIBOARDS!

• Are there any existing objects that you’d envision transforming in the future and if so, which ones? Obviously cars, but things like televisions, catering machines (stoves, fridges, coffee machines etc.) and beds would also drastically change.

• How would you expect your Sims’ lives to be affected by traveling back and forth to the future?

Well, taking inspiration from Harry Potter, things can happen like killing your past/future self by accident. Also what they do in the past and future. What if they discover something before the original inventor? What if they intervened in monumental events? That sort of thing.
  • Feather91Feather91 Posts: 2,132 Member
    edited April 2013
    What I would love to see in this EP:

A town full of modern architecture. More and more of the buildings are modern, so it would make sense that buildings in the new EP would be too. What I'm talking about is buildings with a flat roof, lots of big windows, concrete, etc.

Environment is also becoming more of a big deal. So I would love the possibility to maybe place plants and solar panels on the roof. And environmently friendly cars!
    Recycling is important too. So maybe sims will be able to turn waste into art or furniture.

Some really awesome technologie. Like cleaning and cooking robots, flying cars, a new type of cellphone, special new tv's, etc. Also, hovering chairs or beds would be cool.

New modern furniture. This is the perfect EP to introduce new modern furniture, doors and windows! Like windows you can place in a corner without a windowframe showing in the corner (so a L-shape window). Also windows for multiple floors! I would love big modern windows with little windowframe showing.

Glass floors! This would fit in perfectly with all the modern architecture.

New high rise buildings. I'd imagine the future will be a lot more crowded, so high rise buildigns would come in great. Also, I would love another city world like Bridgeport!

A possibility to place round walls or tilted walls, like this / instead of this |.

Also, some floating stairs would be awesome. And throw in some L-shaped stairs too!

Some new roof cladding that isn't roofing tiles! Like a metal or wooden roof. Or a roof we can cover with our own wallpaper.

As for careers: environmentalist or something that has to do with technology, like sims working in IT

The new 'creature' for this EP could be 'superheros'. Or just sims with certain powers, like flying, teleportation, being able to turn a object into a plant (refering back to the environment thing earlier), super intelligence (could come in handy in a IT job or with learing skills), mind-control for the evil sims, invisibility. Just to name a few

That's it for now :mrgreen:

English is not my native language, so I hope everything is somewhat understandable.

EDIT:
    A possiblity to create half levels in your sims house without having to use cheats or mods!
    tumblr_nabfikC3DM1snecxgo2_400.gif
  • lenieceleniece Posts: 869 Member
    edited April 2013
    The future could be Earth or another planet.
    Round and curved walls.
    Make buildings 20 floors high
    Air travel, but not rabbit holes or disappearing. See the sim inside like the cars.
    Ability to make our own CAS sims with wings so that they can fly. Or anything else.
    Robots like the transformers movies.
    Homes made with recycled items like bottles, tires, etc.
    Underground cities with hobbit type houses.
    Round doors, windows that open.
    Stargate, travel to other worlds, no rabbit holes.
    Genetics lab, gene therapy
    Asteroid hopping, asteroid tossing
    Solar wind sails and sailing
    Jungles and forests inside homes to create air.
    Edible grass
    Do not want anything related to simport, facebook, twitter, internet or other players.
    Want it to remain sandbox 1 player only.
    Don't Worry, Be Happy. Have Fun :D
  • Ezo_KeyataEzo_Keyata Posts: 405 New Member
    edited April 2013
    Feather91 wrote:
    What I would love to see in this EP:

A town full of modern architecture. More and more of the buildings are modern, so it would make sense that buildings in the new EP would be too. What I'm talking about is buildings with a flat roof, lots of big windows, concrete, etc.

Environment is also becoming more of a big deal. So I would love the possibility to maybe place plants and solar panels on the roof. And environmently friendly cars!
    Recycling is important too. So maybe sims will be able to turn waste into art or furniture.

Some really awesome technologie. Like cleaning and cooking robots, flying cars, a new type of cellphone, special new tv's, etc. Also, hovering chairs or beds would be cool.

New modern furniture. This is the perfect EP to introduce new modern furniture, doors and windows! Like windows you can place in a corner without a windowframe showing in the corner (so a L-shape window). Also windows for multiple floors! I would love big modern windows with little windowframe showing.

Glass floors! This would fit in perfectly with all the modern architecture.

New high rise buildings. I'd imagine the future will be a lot more crowded, so high rise buildigns would come in great. Also, I would love another city world like Bridgeport!

A possibility to place round walls or tilted walls, like this / instead of this |.

Also, some floating stairs would be awesome. And throw in some L-shaped stairs too!

Some new roof cladding that isn't roofing tiles! Like a metal or wooden roof. Or a roof we can cover with our own wallpaper.

As for careers: environmentalist or something that has to do with technology, like sims working in IT

The new 'creature' for this EP could be 'superheros'. Or just sims with certain powers, like flying, teleportation, being able to turn a object into a plant (refering back to the environment thing earlier), super intelligence (could come in handy in a IT job or with learing skills), mind-control for the evil sims, invisibility. Just to name a few

That's it for now :mrgreen:

English is not my native language, so I hope everything is somewhat understandable.

EDIT:
    A possiblity to create half levels in your sims house without having to use cheats or mods!

I love these ideas! Maybe the occult you described could be able to give other sims the power they desire? Like a genie, but not, if ya get me! :mrgreen:
  • PutowtinPutowtin Posts: 559 Member
    edited April 2013
    Sims Mass Effect mash up?

If I can have Garrus Vakarian for a hubby then

YES

8) :lol: 8)
  • SugarRaveSugarRave Posts: 2,552 Member
    edited April 2013
    Solar wind sails and sailing

Like treasure planet? :shock:

Oh god yes!!!

Also hoverboards like from Back to the Future :lol:
  • bmashlandbmashland Posts: 358 New Member
    edited April 2013
    a Hover Board would be fun. I see it. this future thing, there is something there.

My Sims always collect, garden and hang out at the parks where there are a mix of things to do... fish, play at the seasonal festivals, in the future I would see it more high tech. the plants would have evolved to be different I would guess. I usually end up with a time machine as it is so yes.. I see it.

careers I guess I would say... A space voyager of some kind, but I guess you would have to make it more of a profession not career. Or a space junk collector.

As far as traveling back and forth in time.. I think it sounds fun.

Cars would hover, houses would be robot ran. New collectables, careers, and stuff, you'll have me buying it.
    =)
  • Feather91Feather91 Posts: 2,132 Member
    edited April 2013
    Ezo_Keyata wrote:
    I love these ideas! Maybe the occult you described could be able to give other sims the power they desire? Like a genie, but not, if ya get me! :mrgreen:
    Thanks :) I like your idea, it could be something that becomes possible when they're at their highest level.
    tumblr_nabfikC3DM1snecxgo2_400.gif
  • Simmer999Simmer999 Posts: 863 Member
    edited April 2013

• What does a future Utopia look like in The Sims 3 in your mind? How would you imagine the environment, buildings, and other visual parts of the world to look? Floating mobile homes, flying cars, blue-and white, not much trees and wildlife a LOT of robots.

• If your Sim is hanging out in the future, where would they spend most of their time? A futuristic bar :D

• If there were robots in the future and they could be part of your household, what would you like them to do? Be a maid, babysitter, butler, mixologist, basically anything that you need to hire a Sim to do.
    But don't make them controllable. Please.

• Name a few of the new careers you’d most enjoy for your Sims in a future setting. Flying car designer (part-time maybe?), robotics, space-travel

• In the future setting, what activities would you like your Sims to partake in? Flying car races, space-travel, etc.

• Name a few objects you’d love to see in a Sims’ future. Flying cars, mobile floating homes, state-of-the art technology, etc.

• Are there any existing objects that you’d envision transforming in the future and if so, which ones? Yes. Cars, televisions, stoves, appliances, fun objects should be boosted.

• How would you expect your Sims’ lives to be affected by traveling back and forth to the future? I think that they should be able to tell people about the future upon returning, spoiling the course of events and making the future much worse then it really is. They could also get "time-sickness". They should have an "Out-of-place" neutral moodlet in the future and "Works Like Normal" negative moodlet when using an object transformed when in the future.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE INCLUDE SPACE-TRAVEL
  • SEFGproductionsSEFGproductions Posts: 108 New Member
    edited April 2013
    • What does a future Utopia look like in The Sims 3 in your mind? How would you imagine the environment, buildings, and other visual parts of the world to look?

rounded buildings, tall white buildings, neon lights, glass domes with trees and plants, lots of modern things

• If your Sim is hanging out in the future, where would they spend most of their time?

Maybe like a futuristic arcade with super futuristic games, or hover boarding

• If there were robots in the future and they could be part of your household, what would you like them to do?

A butler or a new service possibility to be a cook where they like in your home and cook what ever you want.

• Name a few of the new careers you’d most enjoy for your Sims in a future setting.

space explorer, hovercraft/board inventor (cant think of more at the moment)

• In the future setting, what activities would you like your Sims to partake in?

hover boarding, hacking into other's minds, laser tag

• Name a few objects you’d love to see in a Sims’ future.

hover boards, new video games, mind hack device, hover cars

• Are there any existing objects that you’d envision transforming in the future and if so, which ones?

video games, cars, tv, telescope

• How would you expect your Sims’ lives to be affected by traveling back and forth to the future?

town scenery changes. For example depending what time your in the town changes and grows bigger/ smaller.