Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are your thoughts on Traveling to the Future? We want to hear from you!!

Comments

• ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    edited February 2013
    I can take it or leave it. This one will probably be like Showtime or Supernatural to me, I'll probably buy it for the new town and stuff, but rarely if ever actually play it, and complain constantly about NPCs running around Riverview in futuristic clothes.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • SimGamer15SimGamer15 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited February 2013
    here are my ideas
    1 Cars replaced flying cars
    2 Computers and phones are replaced to a Geniephone and a smartcomputer
    3 I pictured that the invirment will be flying cars and even tunnals with a train to take you anywhere faster than a train on tracks. Boats in the water and and huge ships faster than in 2013.
    4 Better stoves that can cook your foods just in 30n secs
    5 I pictured that Robots will be in your family, the robot will fix anything and improve your items like a stove and more
    6 Sims will be focused on the same things we do today but have more cool stuff.
    That is all I can think of! I hope this will give you some ideas too!

Taylor13600
  • AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    edited February 2013
    • What does a future Utopia look like in The Sims 3 in your mind? How would you imagine the environment, buildings, and other visual parts of the world to look?

I would image that the world is more environmentally aware. Where energy is used from the sun or harnessed from stars into energy cells. I think it should be very technically advanced. Sims has never had moving side walks. Or escalators. Even to take it one further and have holographic stairs that materialize when in use. I picture sims to have luxurious gardens and exotic aquatic life for large aquariums that can be found through out the city. People can shop at a large mall that has the latest technology, such as Android. I'd like to see more medical, herbal, health, spa type things. Things like exercise bikes, rowers, yoga balls, stair masters, etc but in a more scifi approach. I'd like to see spa baths, and treatments come to this expansion. Especially with certain types of water that glow. ^ ^ Especially something like a community bath where there is a large tub or fountain of youth that every bathes in. I'd love some sit down restaurants too, with robotic servers.

• If your Sim is hanging out in the future, where would they spend most of their time?

Health Spa, Restaurants, Shopping Malls, Aquarium, Exotic Gardens, Laster Tag Arcade, SciFi Amusement park

• If there were robots in the future and they could be part of your household, what would you like them to do?

I'd like to have a choice between worker or family actually. If i chose a worker I'd like to be able to chose his task so that i can have multiple if need be. Such as butler, gardener, nanny, musician, mixologist, cook, maid, etc. Though I would like if butler is chose that some coding goes into fixing the butler and stopping him from making over a 100 dishes. Instead if there are leftovers it would be nice that either they throw them away or use them. If Androids can be apart of the family, i hope we can choose an age for them as I'd really life if simmers can marry androids said parents can decide to build or adopt children.

• Name a few of the new careers you’d most enjoy for your Sims in a future setting.

Holographic Engineer, Android Doctor,

• In the future setting, what activities would you like your Sims to partake in?

If they're able to I'd like my sims to explore the land outside the futuristic city to see what the planet has developed too. Whether that be finding some odd slime creature of furry creature. Rare metals and gems. Or even exotic plants in some strange forest. Mainly i just want my sims to be able to go to fun places like the amusement park.

• Name a few objects you’d love to see in a Sims’ future.
    Amusement park, with rollercoaster and other rides. Really huge aquariums, oh glass domes for roofing, Holographic staircase, Hovercars and bikes.

• Are there any existing objects that you’d envision transforming in the future and if so, which ones?
    Yes, sims no longer use stoves or refridgerators. They store and cook everything with one machine, the mocular shifter.

• How would you expect your Sims’ lives to be affected by traveling back and forth to the future?
    I thinks sims should get something called futureshock. It comes from traveling and trying to get back into normal society afterwards. To cure it either go back to the future or go enter a chamber for a few hours. Oh and i think they should catch odd diseases too like purple pox where your sims break out in large purple polka dots all over their face. They have to take medicine to get ride of it or get treated at the hospital.
  • Awaken_DreamerAwaken_Dreamer Posts: 308
    edited February 2013

• What does a future Utopia look like in The Sims 3 in your mind? How would you imagine the environment, buildings, and other visual parts of the world to look?

• If your Sim is hanging out in the future, where would they spend most of their time?

• If there were robots in the future and they could be part of your household, what would you like them to do?

• Name a few of the new careers you’d most enjoy for your Sims in a future setting.

• In the future setting, what activities would you like your Sims to partake in?

• Are there any existing objects that you’d envision transforming in the future and if so, which ones?

• How would you expect your Sims’ lives to be affected by traveling back and forth to the future?

*The future should be either apocaliptic (The Chronicles of 🐸🐸🐸🐸) or normal life just more advance (The Fifth Element)with worlds looking acording to the story.

*Exploring other planets could be done just for fun, like: lets go to see the mooon, or mars....

*Robots in the future should be like any machine, just more advance; and maybe additional personal machines like weebo from flubber.

*The 3 careers i can think of are: geologist, historian and explorer of new planets (or extend the possibilities of the astronauts in the military career)

*Any normal activities should be extended in the future with more rocks, insects, fishes...

*Cars should still exist, but also incorporate flying automobiles.

*Bodies of the sims should get frozen for the traveling in time, so they would get a "frozen" moddlet for example. Also, if they travel a lot, this could affect their bodies and / or lifespam (for example, if they have good experiences, it could be expanded, if bad experiences, shortened).
  • mintedgarnetmintedgarnet Posts: 2
    edited February 2013
    • Utopia = The Jetsons - HOWEVER it should be ridiculously difficult to achieve a Utopia based on your Sim's actions. Other, less cheery futures should be possible, and more likely.

• Sim would probably be checking out new futuristic versions of current items - collecting new animals, new seeds, new books, etc.

• Oh dear Lord NO ROBOTS PLEASE, unless they are merely another life stage for any Sim (think cyborg).

• Careers: Time Lord, please! That's about the only one that would be interesting.

• Time travel should have severe consequences.
  • BamItsBraaaandonBamItsBraaaandon Posts: 53
    edited February 2013
    I'd appreciate it if you'd also add the ability to travel to the past as well. I wouldn't want to focus on JUST the future y'know. Maybe Sim Bots could be a huge background in this EP. I'm devoting myself to collect every single EP/SP in the Sims series soooo, I'd still be buying it anyway. (^^)
  • SnowieWolfSnowieWolf Posts: 198 New Member
    edited February 2013
    I wouldn't be interested in time travel at all, unless we could go back in time instead of forwards.
  • CrystalRCCrystalRC Posts: 21
    edited February 2013
    Wow, I hate to be a Negative Nancy but holy crap I hate this! I have always played sims for the realistic factor. I love that you can create a character and a life they you may have want to add. Or dream of one day having. I just.. ugh. I can't wrap my head around it. I probably wouldnt buy it. I wish I would have never bought supernatural. Those zombies that stand in my yard 24/7 annoy the crud outa me and it really irritates me that I can't disable them but I can disable everything else, such as witches, vampires, even celebrities. Come on now. If there's going to be zombies at least let us kill them! Now you want to do time travel to the future? How stupid. We choose our sims future, by what we make them do in the present.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    edited February 2013
    CrystalRC wrote:
    Wow, I hate to be a Negative Nancy but holy crap I hate this! I have always played sims for the realistic factor. I love that you can create a character and a life they you may have want to add. Or dream of one day having. I just.. ugh. I can't wrap my head around it. I probably wouldnt buy it. I wish I would have never bought supernatural. Those zombies that stand in my yard 24/7 annoy the crud outa me and it really irritates me that I can't disable them but I can disable everything else, such as witches, vampires, even celebrities. Come on now. If there's going to be zombies at least let us kill them! Now you want to do time travel to the future? How stupid. We choose our sims future, by what we make them do in the present.

Turn off the Lunar Cycle. No more zombies.
    It would have been better if we could turn off the Zombies like the others, but you can still disable them.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • SimmySimianSimmySimian Posts: 357 Member
    edited February 2013

I imagine a Utopia where my Sims purchase a computer simulation game, and after spending a lot of money, they discover that the game works! For everyone!

Playing said computer game and having fun, not trying to fix it every time it crashes!

Keep my house clean while I play awesome (and working) computer game.

Game designer, designing games that actually work on the platforms it is advertised for.

Playing an extremely expensive computer game joyfully, because it works and doesn't cause crashes.

A computer game that works on all platforms, as advertised.

A working version of the Sims 3.

My sims could travel back to the past and tell present-day sims that one day, expensive computer games will actually work, and the company that produces them responds in a professional and timely manner, offering usable support.

call me crazy...
  • tingahn911tingahn911 Posts: 52 New Member
    edited February 2013
    they could always do the futuristic of futurama lol. Just better car models and such.
  • Angelstevens4Angelstevens4 Posts: 25 Member
    edited February 2013
    Very disappointing idea for an EP. What you should do is allow for Sims to travel not only to the Vacation destinations that came with WA, but also the ability to travel to all the worlds. Maybe that will be included in Island Paradise? Either way, a time travel EP does not even pique my interest. I am glad you came out with Supernatural for those who wanted it...but I wasn't interested in that one either.
  • Elizabeth097Elizabeth097 Posts: 1
    edited February 2013
    If your Sim is hanging out in the future, where would they spend most of their time?
    chatting with holographs or in a virtual reality game.

I kinda have a few ideas, but other user have pointed out some that I agree with. although, another thing I think would be cool is if, you know how in iron man the technology that tony stark has.. if you guy's could some how implement some of that in the game in some way would be pretty cool.. don't copy it exactly but I'm sure you get the sense of the idea.
  • elsievdmelsievdm Posts: 588 Member
    edited February 2013

I think it could be a cool EP!... How about Clear,see-through glass floors and walls, New kinds of plants(Flowery-bushes, and much more flowers- colorable flowers) of course...New kinds of baby/ toddler stuff like hyper mod Crib and Changer or be able to bathe them in a bathroom, bath or washbasin ( Without blenkets,clothes)...

A 3D copy machine, for food, clothes...etc...

New kinds of Roofs (colorable)...
  • thorningthorning Posts: 4 New Member
    edited February 2013
    I Think that the new occult should be a fake Intelligence, like all of those sci-fi movies. One that could enter electronics, and teleport through wires and such. Anyway Its just an idea :D

Ps: sorry for my horrible english :wink:
  • The_real_raijinThe_real_raijin Posts: 98 Member
    edited March 2013
    I would totally buy this episode. However I would greatly hope for it to be done a lot like the expansion of world adventures. Where you travel to a future world and did quests and etc. like getting through traps and stuff.
    It would also be nice if there was a futuristic sims style motorcycle, better than the 1 we already have... :(
    It also would be nice if we got a new watch, bracelet or etc. based on future stuff.
    It would also be nice if we finally got cloak's with hoods and robes with the hood on or off.

The coolest thing if it were added, would be if there was a fated hero journey to travel to the other world and if you succeed in saving the world or a specific town.
    You receive an award(a plaque or etc.) that could be picked up from "city hall" and placed on the wall of your home. (Ofcourse it would be nice if a city counsel member of the town presented your sim with the award on stage, but I realize that might be a little much)

Another idea for missions would be to retrieve items to save people's lives or items that will restore the sim world, or make the sim world better.
  • DataHeadDataHead Posts: 1,098 Member
    edited March 2013
    Hoverboards? That shouldn't be too hard to make, considering they would work very similarly too the bicycle or witch's broom.
  • piplopepiplope Posts: 77
    edited March 2013
    I think it'd be cool, though you can already do it with ambitions. It might be cool if you could actually see the town in the future, like what you do in adventures.
  • MissFelixiaMissFelixia Posts: 1,164 New Member
    edited March 2013
    i think one of the sim jobs should be something like quantum leap :o where your sim jumps into other Sims and you have to help them do something that day ^.^
  • Jako123Jako123 Posts: 168
    edited March 2013

For me, in TS3 a future utopia would be a beautiful green place which had very advanced technology. I could totally imagine hovercars and a floating island connected off of the main land. Buildings would be very tall skyscrapers. Sadly with all good comes bad, and in the utopia there is a small radioactive corner of the floating island dedicated to dumping all the islands wastes out of the sky. This is where sims can experience radioactive sickness. In the utopia, there would also be a museum where not only is a lot of future technology displayed but also things of the past which your own sims might've made.

Probably playing around with the futuristic items at home or at the museum.

I would like for the robots to have multiple "functions" which they could be set to, but also a chance to become "rogue" and therefore become controllable. They could be bodyguard, cleaners, babysitters, or friends (used for social purposes). I would also like to see police robots guarding the city in a very dictatorship style. Finally, I would love for robots to have jetpacks as a mode of transportation. It would be pretty interesting if normal Sims could get bionic parts made into them to make them more powerful or smarter at a a price, making them half-robot half-sim.

-Museum Archivist: Job is to manage museum. Can also bring items from the past to the museum for large amounts of money
    -Robot Tinkerer: Job is to create robots. Halfway through they can decide to be a robot "helper" (makes them rogue so they can be conscious) or "fixer" (turns rogue robots back to normal) .
    -Waste Manager: This part-time job involves dumping the waste. This could be interesting because it could be a rabbit hole which you actually see (you see your sim dumping the waste)

Anything involving holograms ;)! Also, I would love to see a virtual reality thing similar to the one in Fallout 3, where it is disturbingly happy and fake (bonus if its in black and white :) ) A multitude of virtual realities would be cool, ranging from creepy (like the one I mentioned) to cool. Also, they would probably hang out at "no-gravity" zones where they could fly around.

-Holographic Phones & Computers
    -Hovercars
    -Virtual Reality Station
    -Morpher (sims for a short period of time can morph themselves into looking like other sims with this object so they can screw around with those other sims lives, so long as they don't get caught ;) )
    -Jetpacks (can be bought by humans, come with robots)
    -Spaceships (for Sims in the science career, they can use these to go on vacations to the moon for a career boost)

-Curtains can display any place a sim wants
    -Beds make breakfast automatically for the sim
    -Microwaves can make whatever a sim wants, however with a few errors

-Paradoxes
    -Memory loss
  • GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    edited March 2013
    I have another name for this expansion..

The Sims 3 '' Future travelers '' :)
  • murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited March 2013
    Just wanted to post this here, since it's utterly relevant and I'm scared that y'all aren't gonna consider this:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/651988.page
    murfeel wrote:
    Violin, Archery, Swordfighting, Lute

NOOOOOOOOO!!!! What the heck kinda perverse poll is that!? :evil: ALL OF THE ABOVE, DARNIT! :lol:

I feel caught between a rock and a hard place.

I voted Violin and Archery ONLY because I actally want Swordfighting (a la 'Lightsabers') to be included in the Futuristic EP #11. I REALLY do. Martial Arts is a sport, not a Premium something or other, so I'd like for swords/epees/laser blades/etc to be treated the same way as WA martial arts is, with their own combat uniform and interactions and everything.

The Violin is SO high in demand, so that's a given.
    But Archery I think could be really cool. I'd like to see EA make that!

Lutes? No. We have enough guitars. Should've put in a HARP or LYRE instead. THAT would be frikkin sweet! :thumbup:

Unless 'Lute' was a typo and you really meant FLUTE! ;) Oh yeah! Flutes would be terrific! I've been dying for a recorder or set of panpipes for my Asian sims!

Thanks for the poll, EA!

And remember: LASER BLADES! EP#11! Tell that to the higher ups! ;)

Come on, EA--this would be so flippin COOL! Laser blade duels in a holodeck arena/stage!? New Meditation, The Force style! FEEL the Force! A new more sci-fi martial arts uniform! Maybe even a Skywalkeresque helmet. A practice dummy shaped like a simbot. Or a metallic floating plummbob zapping lasers at your tooshie. Come on. I can't be the only one feeling this idea! :XD:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited March 2013
    murfeel wrote:
    Just wanted to post this here, since it's utterly relevant and I'm scared that y'all aren't gonna consider this:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/quote/0/10382447.page
    murfeel wrote:
    Violin, Archery, Swordfighting, Lute

NOOOOOOOOO!!!! What the heck kinda perverse poll is that!? :evil: ALL OF THE ABOVE, DARNIT! :lol:

I feel caught between a rock and a hard place.

I voted Violin and Archery ONLY because I actally want Swordfighting (a la 'Lightsabers') to be included in the Futuristic EP #11. I REALLY do. Martial Arts is a sport, not a Premium something or other, so I'd like for swords/epees/laser blades/etc to be treated the same way as WA martial arts is, with their own combat uniform and interactions and everything.

The Violin is SO high in demand, so that's a given.
    But Archery I think could be really cool. I'd like to see EA make that!

Lutes? No. We have enough guitars. Should've put in a HARP or LYRE instead. THAT would be frikkin sweet! :thumbup:

Unless 'Lute' was a typo and you really meant FLUTE! ;) Oh yeah! Flutes would be terrific! I've been dying for a recorder or set of panpipes for my Asian sims!

Thanks for the poll, EA!

And remember: LASER BLADES! EP#11! Tell that to the higher ups! ;)

Come on, EA--this would be so flippin COOL! Laser blade duels in a holodeck arena/stage!? New Meditation, The Force style! FEEL the Force! A new more sci-fi martial arts uniform! Maybe even a Skywalkeresque helmet. A practice dummy shaped like a simbot. Or a metallic floating plummbob zapping lasers at your tooshie. Come on. I can't be the only one feeling this idea! :XD:

Yes! Great idea! :thumbup:

I also chose archery and violin but I would LOVE swordfighting too. That would be a great skill for this e.p! And you could have a choice of weapon (like how you have a choice of magic wands) and you could have a 'antique' broadsword, a rapier and a futuristic lazer sword!!! That would please most people I think, to have the choice. :D

But I would really, really want it to be a real (unhidden) skill like simfu!!!

I think it suits the idea of an intrepid time explorer!
  • murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited March 2013
    Great minds think alike! :thumbup:
    murfeel wrote:
    #2: FENCING COURTYARD/DOJO/DUELLING GROUNDS/SCHOOL
    I've been wanting Fencing martial arts since WA. I thought there should have been 3 varities, one for each travel destination:

France - Rapier fencing
    China - go more Japan inspired with the bokken/bokuto weapon from Kendo
    Egypt - Saracen scimitar, or a khopesh.

Omg I would fall on the floor and DIE if Sims could spar with eachother! DIE!!!
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/60/623629.page#9941530
    murfeel wrote:
    -Items required for upgrades to the machine would be scattered around the different worlds. You'd need to talk to sims, beat them at challenges of the mind (like deciphering strange codices left by Simstradamus or SimVinci), or challenges of the physical form--like fencing against maesters in the middle ages (a rapier) or the future (a lightsaber), arm wrestling thugs or winning drinking bouts in the illegal dens of New Simcago to force them to give up the goods/prove your prowess.
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/30/546450.page#9774990
    murfeel wrote:
    And really. Don't forget fencing as a new Sparring Sport/Martial Art. ;)
    They're not called lightsabers outside of Star Wars, they're called Laser Blades
    Or beam sword, energy saber, plasma knife, according to TV Tropes
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/285/546450.page#10237276
    murfeel wrote:
    #2: If your Sim is hanging out in the future, where would they spend most of their time?
    -For Fun:
    At home: The Holodeck, a room we can build with nifty new Build Mode wallpapers and floors and cool electric fixings, where sims can spar with one another with laser blades (lightsabres) and Tron-style frisbee...things, as brand new Martial Arts/Skills/Sports. I would like wallpapers and floors and lights to make my own holodeckesque rooms on lots, but I would also be happy with a premade 'Stage', sort of like the broomriding arena or SHT singer's stage or the dueling stages from MM.
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/105/643944.page#10242655

PLEASE don't not do this for EP#11, EA. :cry: It would be just too perfect.
  • junegloomjunegloom Posts: 30 New Member
    edited March 2013
    My idea about time travel is slightly more realistic than most peoples ideas of the future. I personally wish that it could be like sim city and you could skip years in the sims. Like when you travel to the future you see your future great grand kids that you will never meet living in the same home that you lived in. Or if you went back in time the game would use the tomb stones to have the original town inhabitants be able to communicate with you when you are visiting the past. I think that something like that would be amazing. If there was a way to timestamp where sims lived at the time of their death I don't believe it would be hard to store where they should go when they are traveling to the past it could be encoded on to their tombstones. As far as traveling to the future you could use the current pattern of the family tree to see which families are more likely to survive and which ones are more likely to die off. My idea isn't very interesting but I am also the kid who likes to make multiple save games for one family and then delete one and restart over again because it was a dream sequence. Maybe you want to make it so that you can travel to the dawn of people, or goto a world that is futuristic, that might work for some but for me actually playing with what is already there would be far more interesting.

-Ricky.