Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are your thoughts on Traveling to the Future? We want to hear from you!!

Comments

• edited February 2013
    It would be A LOT better if we could travel to the past. We already know what happened then and it would be amazing to be able to travel back in time Sim-Style and live in the past. OH THE CLOTHES, OH SWEET JESUS THE CLOTHES WOULD BE SO BEAUTIFUL, AND THE HAIR! I seen a lot of Sims stuff made by the players that have something to do with history, mainly 1950s. Also I think Sims at the moment is to into the future, with the Simbots and such. A Sim expansion that allows players to go into the past would be very interesting and I hope you include that in the new expansion.
  • CocoBellaCocoBella Posts: 243 Member
    edited February 2013
    I'm not too excited for this EP, I'm having a hard time imagining what would be new and fun about traveling to the future. I will end up getting the game because I never want to limit my gameplay options.

I do hope that they look to the past as an inspiration for the future. What I mean is I hope they take, for exampe, fashion trends from older decades and combine them with modern/futuristic aspects. Like the Hunger Games movie, they drew inspiration from the 1800s fashion and made it new and different. I just want to see something new and creative instead of the typical futuristic look that is already out there, like the stuff in the store.

The only object I would love, if its even possible, is a hoverboard. 8)
  • ememzemmyememzemmy Posts: 215 New Member
    edited February 2013
    I don't understand why so many people want to go to the past... I aint gonna turn my game into a history lesson:shock:

edited February 2013
    I think there should be really futuristic health care that could bring sims back from the dead... but as ROBOTS :twisted:

For example, if an elderly rich sim died then his family could take his tombstone to the hospital, then they could extract his ghost and put it into the body of a robot :mrgreen:
    edited February 2013
    Also, I think it would be cool if we could freeze sims in test tubes. This could be part of a futuristic burglar alarm, the burglar could be frozen in time until the police arrive to take him away :twisted:
    edited February 2013
    Another idea :mrgreen:

If a robot left the future and went back to present day then the neurotic sims should get scared when they see one and faint.
    edited February 2013
    There should be an engineering career that you need the handiness skill for 8)
    edited February 2013
    I want a futuristic frontdoor. When a neighbour rings the doorbell then your sim should be given a choice to accept, reject or ignore the visitor. This could be controlled by a remote or something. If the sim accepts then the door should automatically unlock and open, if the sim ignores it then nothing should happen.

BUT if the sim rejects then there should be more options... like "Wash" (The door would be fitted with sprinklers to surprise the visitor and leave them with the soaked moodlet, but it would improve their hygiene).
    Or, if your sim was pure evil or really hated the visitor then there chould be "Fire" (The door would also be fitted with flares...) :twisted:
    edited February 2013
    I'm sure you are going to get a lot of great feedback and ideas from the community but personally I can't answer any of your questions.
    I'm one of the players who has no interest in a future/time travel to the future EP. I'm disappointed in this decision and I wouldn't buy it.

So why did you comment then?
    edited February 2013
    Sorry, not interested either. I'd love something set in the past. My top suggestions would be Ancient Rome, Medieval (regular sims as opposed to the standalone Sims Medieval), Regency/Napoleonic. Tudors would be my bonus suggestion.

Yawn...

The Sims 3 is a game, it's not supposed to be boring!
  • HannoieHannoie Posts: 752 Member
    edited February 2013
    ememzemmy wrote:
    Sorry, not interested either. I'd love something set in the past. My top suggestions would be Ancient Rome, Medieval (regular sims as opposed to the standalone Sims Medieval), Regency/Napoleonic. Tudors would be my bonus suggestion.

Yawn...

Well, different people have different opinions. Just because you think the past and history is boring, it doesn't mean everybody else in the world think so. I think history is much more interesting than the future, and you obviously have another opinion, and that's okay. You just shouldn't drop nasty comments on people who don't think the same way you do.

And please, please, at least try to keep your ideas to one or two posts, otherwise you just take more room that what's necessary :wink:
  • starberrykissxstarberrykissx Posts: 748 Member
    edited February 2013
    • If there were robots in the future and they could be part of your household, what would you like them to do?
    cleaning , Gardening talking to your sims maybe make little love if your sims like robot more then human sims take care of your sims kids and pets
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • CoryMachCoryMach Posts: 1,122 Member
    edited February 2013
    Are we travelling to the past? If not, PLEASE make a sims 3 patch where you can like the one after the patch required to play Time Travel.
  • christine400christine400 Posts: 5,554 Member
    edited February 2013
    CoryMach wrote:
    Are we travelling to the past? If not, PLEASE make a sims 3 patch where you can like the one after the patch required to play Time Travel.

as far as we know its only future
  • DeniseDenise Posts: 464 Member
    edited February 2013
    nrls1205 wrote:
    I'm not really excited for this, but if i have to choose one thing that i really want is to travel between worlds.

:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • xPapouetxPapouet Posts: 3 New Member
    edited February 2013
    It would be nice if we could travel back in time from the time machine of The Sims 3 Ambitions.

New careers can be introduced in the future could be:
    Discoverer-alien
    Time-traveler

New professions can be introduced in the future could be:
    -Inventor (but with much more modern inventions in the Sims 3 Ambitions)

The environment could be:
    -The major skyscrapers (Much more modern than in Sims 3 Late Night)
    -The flying cars
    -Bases to launch rockets and UFO
    -Some kind of underground stations where the subways subways would be suspended and visible to players

and sims could return to the present with new outfits (as in The Sims 3 Ambitions)

Here are my ideas
  • murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited February 2013
    I'd absolutely LOVE a way to be added to make offspring of two Sims in a same-sex relationship (i.e. two male Sims/two female Sims) that are the genetic offspring of both of them! That would automatically make it my absolute favorite EP ever!!! :mrgreen:

HIGH FIVES! :thumbup:
    Valandis wrote:
    This is another suggestion.

For the future music, it would be so awesome if they had some of Perfume's music! (They hit the global market last year - 2012) The sound of their music sounds really futuristic, almost to the point that it's directly from the future.

Here are 3 short versions of songs I personally would love to see simified:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeWxFDlufNo
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtbKG7kaER4
    This one was featured in Cars 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BE_TaB8kNW0

We're allowed to suggest music too, right?

Great idea! :thumbup: I always play with music on Mute so I never even thought about music before!
    GREENEYA wrote:
    As for the expansion pack name...
    1. The Sims 3: Future life
    2. The Sims 3: Future shock
    3. The Sims 3: Into the Future
    4. The Sims 3: Future time
    5. The Sims 3: Future escape

I like Future Shock and Future Time ^-^ .
    amjoie wrote:
    The main drawback to Lunar Lakes was the same old normal cars and taxis zipping around in a world that was supposed to be set far in the future. That disconnect really bothered people.

I know it seems like a "small thing" which cars and taxis are on the road, but it means a great deal to people who want to play either an old style world or a world set in the future.

Amen. There was a lot of disjointedness with LL, actually. Not enough clothes, and nothing for clothes for kids/elders. No hovercars, that was my BIG issue. No actual futristic Activities. And everything was so Dr Suessian, it felt like a cartoon for Aliens rather than a futuristic game. :oops:
    add an underground subway system, where you can live underground as well, kind of like underwater city, except it's in the sewers or water-ways-that's where you find hobo's :), anyways we have high rise apartments, so we can have underground apartments too. :)

I'd LOVE this! Dystopian sewer mutants and c.yberpunk!
    ivinian wrote:
    Hangouts: Holo-bar. Spaceship racetrack (think the race from the first "Star Wars" prequel!). 10-Forward.

Objects I want to see: Hydroponics setups. Cloning vats. Lightsabers. Hologrammatic people to talk to (like Cortana). Teleporters--oh wait we kind of have that already. Jump gates to go to other worlds. Rocket skateboards. Clothes that slowly change colors. Animated tattoos. Visors that give benefits like infrared vision and stuff. Flying cars.

Careers: Spaceship pilot. Spice smuggler. Hologram designer.

It'd also be cool if you accidentally change your own future with regard to townies, but I have no idea how the mechanics of that would look.

Spice smuggler--DUNE!!! :mrgreen:
    samiam662 wrote:
    Yes, yes, a thousand times yes to Murfeel's Steampunk time machine travel ideas. There is nothing that would excite me more. I am sure a multitude of others would feel the same and it would fly off the shelves (and down from the Origin cloud). I would even bet that such a fabulous theme would have people buying the base game just to have such an expansion.

Thanks for the support!
    I would have LOOOOVED a Steampunk EP--hopefully EA does a Past EP #12 and adds in all the Da Vinci Code Flintstones Steampunk Past references.
  • Ronnie211797Ronnie211797 Posts: 82 Member
    edited February 2013
    Functionality: Space Shuttles to off world locations like Lunar Lakes and additional added locations, maybe one being the world the aliens came from. New creature being a different alien race. The space shuttles would depart from a branch of the airport. There would be airplanes to take you to other in world locations. It would show the planes and shuttles being loaded and taking off then go to the loading screen between worlds. There would be two lanes of traffic, ground and then hovercraft and alien spacecraft. At the hospital or science lot there would be an option to become an alien hybrid or supernatural hybrid or another option would be to become a cyborg or get mechanical upgrades.
    xyIcMqt.png
  • dangmaldangmal Posts: 35 Member
    edited February 2013
    I was thinking for ages about how to make this an appealing pack and i honestly think i've come up with it - a way in, a way to make this an appealing pack: Superheroes. Imagine the future word as a metropolis futuristic megacity a gothic gotham with retro/fututistic looks, you visit it and everytime you do it changes based on what you did last time you were there. You can create either a supervillain or superhero with your own CASS - Creat a super SIm, seperate to the normal CAS, in which you design your costume from scratch including an insignia, then customise abbilities and powers and are matched against supervillains - or maybe you'd rather be the villain terrorising the present with devices from the future. Superhero/villians would be the new occult in addition to simborgs. What does everyone think? is that an appealing twist to the theme if they insist on "Future" as the theme? I would genuinely buy it if it was that!

SUPERHEROES/SUPERVILLAINS
  • mike12733mike12733 Posts: 225 New Member
    edited February 2013
    ok this is the second time that I write this, because I accidentally clicked the left-mouse button intead of the scroller, while hovereing over a link -_- unfortunately, I can't blame this mistake on anything else but myself. So bear with me as this is just a summary of the whole thing I wrote.

Features:
    -Hovercrafts instead of regular cars (and add many differet types)
    -Hoverboard as a new way of moving about (like walking). also add regular skateboards. So a new Skateboarding skill and add new ramp for the skaters.
    -Add timemachines ofcourse, but with Ambitions installed you can upgrade your timemachine, if you have one.
    -A new Technology skill. you can only get this skill, by having the handiness and Logic skill. you would be able to upgrade to level 2, if you don't have level 2 of both handiness and logic.
    -A futuristic equivalent of almost every (type of) object you have in the base game and certain EP's
    -all laptops/PCs/TV's are upgraded to holograms. and maybe some bracelet/watch holograms.
    -a new chip in the ear, allowing you to pic up call with your mind and do other stuff like read books 4x faster
    -Pardoxes (this should be optional to players)

Time travel:
    when visiting the future, you can go by yourself or take the whole family with you. you will spawn at the city border when you arrive. you can rent a room at a hotel or something. after a certain amount of time, your sim wll be pulled in a vortex, taking them back home or if you want, you can decide on you own, which brings the vortex up and your sim jumps in it willingly. 1 vortex for each sim. when you have maxed out the technology skill you can upgrade your timemachine to make the travel permanent, unless you decide to go home willingly. this allows you to buy a home and start living in it, schools and workplaces should all be available. you would have full access to build/buy for your home lot and with it all the futuristic objects. However when you're just visiting, you are limited to what you can get at the local electronics store.

Robots:
    Robots have 2 options for me.
    1. New lifestate, but NOT an upgrade to the Ambitions robots and NO servo (Sims 1/2 versions).
    2. Servants. this one is a must for me. you can get many different types of robots. under them you have guardbots, mailbots (substitution for mailmen), housemaidbots, etc. not all of them should be too humanoid though and the humonoid ones should look a little like the showtime simbot decoration, but not exactly because I don't like it too much.
    All robots must be waterproof, they can't drink it, but getting soaked or showering won't shortcircuit them

Lifestate
    Again 2 options
    1. A simple futuristic robot
    2. A Simborg. A simborg looks like a sim with pieces of flesh replaced with electronics. (like a fourth of the head is made from electronics and his right hip as well) These alternate per simborg. So one simborg will have his left arm, right eye(scopelens please)/scalp and left hip computerized and another has his whole left face, part of his left leg and his upperleft torso computerized. They have many different designs and accents here and there. When having a vampire biting the Simborg, they will either get electrocuted or or get a Metally taste moodlet (and have their thirst filled halfway), because they plasma is filled with many tiny electrodes. And the Simborgs can 'Tinker with self' hehehe :P. then start tinkering with a screwdriver orso, boosting the fun motive and if skilled in technology, also getting a potive moodlet from it (chance of shortcircuiting of not skilled however). you can create a simborg by getting the oppertunity to ressurect a dead relative/friend in the future, maxed out Technology skill gives an oppertunity to change oneself into a simborg, getting trapped in a Roboservants dockingstation or eating a hard-to-get electro-fruit (getting a cool animation of lots of electronic hurled at him until enveloped in them and coming out as a simborg).

Oh right, the utopia:
    -many high skyscrapers
    -hovercrafts all over the place
    -NPC's wear futuristic clothes ONLY
    -high speed railway
    -maybe some teleportaion platforms, like the LLAMA's in SN and risk getting trapped in the interdimentional railway, going to all sorts of places and having a little rabbithole adventure. (which I actually like)
    -Lots of blue-ish colors
    -Hovering things, like whole buildings or just mailboxes and stuff, kinda like the LTR bed.

As you can tell I'm really excited for this EP and can't wait for it.
    I have loved every EP up until now (with minor dislikes, which can be turned off). LOVE the lifestates and was so happy with SN.
    And finally, I hope that the Simguru's read these and add these features to the EP (SIMBORGS!!! I'm okay with new Bots, but simborgs are better :P).

Good Luck with working on the EP everyone!

EDIT: I just noticed the length! Can't believe the other text I wrote was longer :O
    I have too much free time :oops:
  • lemaj585lemaj585 Posts: 4 New Member
    edited February 2013
    It would be awesome if the team could create some hovering vehicles. maybe similar to that of the alien ship in sims 3 seasons. I would like to see modern building with some skyscrapers. a cool new object would be a device that cooks food instantly if you were in a hurry. I love the idea of having bots as companions or butlers, something along those lines. But whatever you guys decide to do will be great!!! :D
  • Icy_LavaIcy_Lava Posts: 5,461 Member
    edited February 2013
    ememzemmy wrote:

Yawn...

Well, I have noticed you and I find history boring is because of a poor textbook author. If you watch the History Channel, the history is interesting. They can make history even more interesting in TS3. :wink:
  • kacper11000kacper11000 Posts: 9 New Member
    edited February 2013
    • What does a future Utopia look like in The Sims 3 in your mind? How would you imagine the environment, buildings, and other visual parts of the world to look?

I think it should be very big. A lot of people should live there. Robots of any kind should be friends with sims. There should be a lot of glass buildings, in geomethrical shapes. My future Utopia is colorful and eco. In every home there are few solar panels. Most of thinks is in angular shapes. One of the building looks like the Hotel Burj Al Arab in Dubai. Other looks like CROWNE PLAZA DUBAI FESTIVAL CITY,Dhow Palace hotel, Jumeirah Beach Hotel. Out of the city you can find the ruins of previous civilization. This place is near the sacred grove where trees of life are placed. They looks like those white trees from "Avatar" movie.

• If your Sim is hanging out in the future, where would they spend most of their time?

In parks. Future people love their planet and they're spendind time in the parks and pools.

• If there were robots in the future and they could be part of your household, what would you like them to do?

Robots are sims friends. They live with sims and help them. They look like these:
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=451899 but are made with steel, and like that:
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=233415

• Name a few of the new careers you’d most enjoy for your Sims in a future setting.

Recreation Lots Designer
    High-tech Engineer
    Urbanist
    Intergalactic speaker(radio presenter)

• In the future setting, what activities would you like your Sims to partake in?

Ability to motivate
    Planning

• Name a few objects you’d love to see in a Sims’ future.

no answer

• Are there any existing objects that you’d envision transforming in the future and if so, which ones?

all vehicles(cars, skateboards, scooters) into flying versions

• How would you expect your Sims’ lives to be affected by traveling back and forth to the future?

No answer

I'm glad if I help you. Maybe one or more of my ideas will be in the game. Good luck in creating the game.
  • Pandora189Pandora189 Posts: 2,394 Member
    edited February 2013
    • What does a future Utopia look like in The Sims 3 in your mind? How would you imagine the environment, buildings, and other visual parts of the world to look?
    I imagine that the future world would SEEM like a Utopia (although inside trouble would be brewing in some way or another) look much like a chromed Ultra-Ultra modern Bridgeport, with many tall skyscrapers with domed, possibly roof-top areas being the only places where plants are grown, besides a jungle filled with outcasts from society and failed science experiments, walled by a decrepit fence. I think thinks would be ridiculously metallic, even having robot plants, and the whole thing would be ruled by Bella Goth who returned from a time warp after her alien abduction a super genius. I think the whole place should have a vague “Oh no, we have almost destroyed nature!”

• If your Sim is hanging out in the future, where would they spend most of their time?
    The would likely have to spend most of their time inside, on doomed rooftop gardens, or if their brave enough, adventuring in a strange jungle-like "nature reserve" filled with strange people caught in a failed science experiment many years ago, as well as people who know too much about the past and caught time traveling.

They would have most of the NPC jobs (and maybe robots would make up the upper levels of the government, and lower levels of the law enforcement, military, and criminal careers), but robots in your household could be servants/body guards (although some might be parole-officers for rebellious sims). They would have short or very long life spans, but could build exact copies of themselves, and would only need to be maintained (oiled,repaired, etc.) and charged. I would really like for there to be half sim/half robots or humanoid robots (Cyborgs (Simborgs) or androids).
    There could be a huge robot-related conspiracy.
    OH! Maybe you could adopt child-bots! That might be weird. Robots could reproduce by building younger robots, with the aid of their spouse, though.

• Name a few of the new careers you’d most enjoy for your Sims in a future setting.
    Conservatists, who try to keep things Eco-Friendly since we aren’t doing too well these days, and possibly a rebellion/rebel spy type thing. Also, updated science to involve inventing, which should get a reboot with this pack, to include more inventions. Oh, times space police and alien control! (No actual aliens necessary.)

• In the future setting, what activities would you like your Sims to partake in?
    They could take part in fully-immersive virtual reality competions instead sports, as well as partying in futuristic hotspots. Older rich sims could get fat and lazy by doing nothing but sitting in hover chairs, watching television or working online, while robots tend to there every whim, and maybe even sustain the family by working for them. Also, if a sim mastered a skill, they could join an elite “society” for the betterment of the “past” and “future”. I think there should be some big conspiracy Sims can solve,

• Name a few objects you’d love to see in a Sims’ future.
    Robotic “Carbon Cyclers” (Plants) placed in the modern parts of town, and “Failed Experment” creatures you can catch in the “nature reserve” I’ve mentioned above. Hover cars, hover boards, and futuristic train systems and some object for teleportation to your work location. Robots defiantly, maybe robot pets? Some kind of pod, thing, like a sleep chamber where all their motives are refilled in the time, or half the time, it takes one to sleep. There could even be robotic children (not as a replacement to the regular kind!)

• Are there any existing objects that you’d envision transforming in the future and if so, which ones?
    All of them, essentially. Nothing would be left with “primitive, wasteful” resources like wood. Everything would be updated and shiny, and base game skill objects could be replaced by holographic doo-hickeys, and in the urban areas, even the plants would be robotic. Pets could be robotic, and children’s toys. Maybe you could buy lifetime reward objects, as most of them fit the future theme.

• How would you expect your Sims’ lives to be affected by traveling back and forth to the future?
    Paradoxes, if your sim goes to the future and brings something/one back, it can set a huge ripple in time and change the future. Sims can get time sickness, questioned by the government/military, and experimented on for traveling to the future. Sims should be able to talk about the future, which impacts relationships differently depending on sims traits (ex: Genius-Genius=Positive, Good-Evil=Negative)

I agree.
  • Vampire2311Vampire2311 Posts: 17
    edited February 2013
    What does a future Utopia look like in The Sims 3 in your mind? How would you imagine the environment, buildings, and other visual parts of the world to look?

I have to agree with the idea of three sub-neighbourhoods you could visit. All the buildings is high tech, with lots of open windows and greenery in the one neighbourhood. Have an underwater neighbourhood, with research facilities and places to experiment on sims...
    and then a polluted neighbourhood with crime and factories abound. They could do this with World Adventures - I'm sure they could pull it off again!
    If your Sim is hanging out in the future, where would they spend most of their time?

My sim would spend the day in hover-board parks, they would visit open/non rabbit hole science facilities, and they could maybe work on their tech skills. They could visit a Build-a-Bot Shop, and build themselves a tiny or large robot ;)
    If there were robots in the future and they could be part of your household, what would you like them to do?

The things they did in Open for Business. Cleaning Bots, cooking bots, gardening bots, etc. Household robots could also work in new careers as a source of income and they could maybe hang about in robot fight clubs :P
    Name a few of the new careers you’d most enjoy for your Sims in a future setting.

Research Career track, with branches like Nano-technology and Robotic-Biology. Maybe create robot dogs, cats, horses?
    A part-time job - Flying Car Seller for teens to elders.
    Law Career track, becoming a lawyer - Environmental or Economical.
    Robot Services, a career track for robots ranging from the low paying prices of construction-bot, to the Express delivery bot?
    In the future setting, what activities would you like your Sims to partake in?

They would partake in midnight flying car races, visit flying clubs in the sky with their airplanes or hover cars, or they would just hang about on their hover boards.
    Name a few objects you’d love to see in a Sims’ future.

Hover car/board/scooter. Robots instead of the services (maids/gardeners/pizza boys)