Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Glenkarri's DNA Builds, complete list and links

Comments

• Options
    azzymae22azzymae22 Posts: 23
    edited September 2013
    Hello :-) Thank you for accepting my request! I am sooo excited!
  • Options
    GlenkarriGlenkarri Posts: 2,181 Member
    edited September 2013
    Hi Azzy, Great to hear from you. It is always so much more fun to build something for a DNA Requester and make contact. OK, I am swinging along really well with the exterior and landscaping. I have used greys, purple, lighter greys and some beige in the exterior shading. I have done my best to replicate the lovely old house in the photo you put up and I hope you will be pleased with it. This is only my 2nd Victorian .... I am an Australian and I am not experienced with this line of build, but I am using lots of photos and suggestions from Taryntempestwind and other excellent Victorian builders so I hope you will enjoy the build. Have you downloaded Shadowfax Hall as yet, built by Ruthless_kk it is amazing. All going well, I will be moving inside the home tomorrow Thanks for contacting, take care Vicki
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Glenkarri wrote:
    Hi Azzy, Great to hear from you. It is always so much more fun to build something for a DNA Requester and make contact. OK, I am swinging along really well with the exterior and landscaping. I have used greys, purple, lighter greys and some beige in the exterior shading. I have done my best to replicate the lovely old house in the photo you put up and I hope you will be pleased with it. This is only my 2nd Victorian .... I am an Australian and I am not experienced with this line of build, but I am using lots of photos and suggestions from Taryntempestwind and other excellent Victorian builders so I hope you will enjoy the build. Have you downloaded Shadowfax Hall as yet, built by Ruthless_kk it is amazing. All going well, I will be moving inside the home tomorrow Thanks for contacting, take care Vicki

Are there any questions you may like to ask? :D
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Azzymae, All finished. I have left the upstairs landing area empty for you to decorate yourself as you get more items. I did not go spooky at all, but anything you don't like is easily changed. Have fun :mrgreen:

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7699258
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Glenkarri wrote:
    Azzymae, All finished. I have left the upstairs landing area empty for you to decorate yourself as you get more items. I did not go spooky at all, but anything you don't like is easily changed. Have fun :mrgreen:

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7699258

Wow you made the house beautiful! Thank you so much.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    It was lots of fun Azzymae and I am so glad you like it. The inspiration home is gorgeous and it was great practice for me with Victorian builds to get it sort of similar. Lovely to meet you. Take care Vicki
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    edited October 2013
    Friend Request accepted and building thread found. Can't wait to see my house, thank you in advance!
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Hi Seera, Thanks for checking in I will get a start on the build tonight. Keep an eye on the first page of this Thread as I post queries there under Queries for Current Build Vicki :D
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    edited October 2013
    Glenkarri wrote:
    QUERIES REGARDING CURRENT BUILD

The build is growing gradually Seera. I have almost finished the outside, a nice ??? graveyard in with the 7 graves and room for more...... Will put in a pool etc today then off to the interior. It's a big home, lots of space for everything, anything special you want in it???

Nothing that I didn't put in the request, so that's just an area for a painter/writer to paint and write and a small home gym for a Sim in the military.
  • Options
    chelsealouiise19chelsealouiise19 Posts: 9
    edited November 2013
    Friend request accepted, and building thread found, thank you in advance :)
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    :mrgreen: Nice to meet you Chelsea, the build is coming along well, I have based it on the home they used to film one of the Movies. It is a lovely old English style Hall.

Having lots of fun. I am running with your idea of this being Bruce Wayne's home, so it has a few secret entrances to part of the Basement where he has another bedroom for a quick nap, shower or hot tub after fighting crime and can house all the gadgets he needs. The other part of the Basement is a Theatre room, another library/study, bathroom and the laundry.........looks very normal. There is a secret entry via an upstairs study room too. Otherwise it is very Old English style, I have nearly finished the ground floor, the second floor has most of the bedrooms and right up top will be ..hmm perhaps a music recital room. Let me know if you want anything else special....
  • Options
    chelsealouiise19chelsealouiise19 Posts: 9
    edited November 2013
    That sounds amazing thank you :) x
  • Options
    cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    edited November 2013
    Just making a pit stop :mrgreen:.

I was looking over the request and forgot to mention that I don't have the Movie stuff pack (I keep forgetting about that one.)

Edit: when you create the VIP rooms could you make some of them for families, cause I've noticed when playing some of the families will come and stay in the VIP rooms even if there's no room or places for the kids to sleep.

• Options
    edited November 2013
    @Glenkarri: It is fine if you don't go with the underwater theme, you could maybe have some type of siding/brick or outer wall paper on the buildings to look as if it had been sunken and perhaps some sort of paving on the ground to give it that feel. As for the lot size you can stay on the 60x60 and don't worry about the dock, but I would like the wedding arch since it adds to the resort stars/points so place it were you see fit, please and thank you :D.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    @Glenkarri: I'm so sorry I didn't get to you sooner...things got busy for me...anyways Thank You so much for Troubles Away...It's so Blue! I love it! I'm downloading it now and will definitely Rec it :mrgreen:.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    :mrgreen: My pleasure cmbaker, can you tell my favourite colour is blue. I don't get to use it much in builds as it often comes out too cold, but the underwater theme ocean/greeny-blue was more appealing ........ if there is too much, it is easy to change, have fun with the Resorts they will keep you VERY BUSY :lol:
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Glenkarri wrote:
    :mrgreen: My pleasure cmbaker, can you tell my favourite colour is blue. I don't get to use it much in builds as it often comes out too cold, but the underwater theme ocean/greeny-blue was more appealing ........ if there is too much, it is easy to change, have fun with the Resorts they will keep you VERY BUSY :lol:

No the blue is fine, it's also my favorite color :wink:...can never have too much blue :mrgreen:.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    :mrgreen: Phew........ :lol:
  • Options
    45rpm45rpm Posts: 2,606 Member
    edited December 2013
    Greetings Glenkarri from Winnipeg Canada

I see you claimed my request. Due to illness which affects my eyes I do not always see messages sent to me. I will bookmark your thread and check on it when I am able to due to the fact I spend a fair amount of time in hospital. Thank you so much for claiming my no CC request.

It is very much appreciated and best wishes to you and your family from snowy Winnipeg.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Lovely to hear from you 45rpm. Sorry to hear you are not well from time to time. I also read your response to the DNA Secretary that you are content for a residential build set up for a bed and breakfast situation rather than a full on Resort (as the Tower needed will spoil the effect). Do you own any worlds? Particularly Dragon Valley, as there are some lovely building gable decorations in the items that come for that World. I look forward to you reply soon and will commence work on it now thanks Vicki

Snowy Winnipeg, wow Canada has some amazingly beautiful country, so very different to Australia.

:mrgreen:
  • Options
    cassandrastryffecassandrastryffe Posts: 418 Member
    edited December 2013
    Friend request accepted, and I found your builders thread!! I'm bookmarking it and I'm so excited I almost peed my pants....LOL
    FREE lvl 65 Star Wars The old Republic Character and a huge bundle of free stuff! http://www.swtor.com/r/fYdvmz
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    :mrgreen::lol: Oh dear, thanks for dropping in Cassandra, I hope I can prepare your build as you want it. I have a section on Page 1 of this Thread for queries, go have a look there as I do have a question, thanks Vicki
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Glenkarri wrote:
    QUERIES REGARDING CURRENT BUILD

Hi Cassandra, I have had a peek online at Medieval homes and they vary a bit, the ones that were for Peasants look pretty plain, so I imagine you want something a bit more upper class. I see the Tudor style came in in the later Medieval period, do you want any of this colouring at all? I see your World link and it looks very Castle and Keep in looks, do you wish me to go with this style at all, any further clues on the type of look for the house would be lovely thanks Vicki

I like the Tudor styles, and you're right, they did come quite a bit later. Most people generally don't know the difference though, and I'm always teased by my friends and family for nitpicking historical inaccuracies in movies and tv. So I generally try not to get too specific anymore. :)

I actually prefer castles and keeps for a sim house though. But, yes, if you want to add Tudor coloring I'd like it. You don't have to though, I noticed blue is your favorite color. It's mine too, so I was actually hoping you'd add colors and patterns YOU like. All my stuff turns out way too similar. :)

And I've seen your builds, I KNOW it's gonna turn out amazing!
    FREE lvl 65 Star Wars The old Republic Character and a huge bundle of free stuff! http://www.swtor.com/r/fYdvmz
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Thank you so much Cassandra, now I can go ahead with some ideas and yes, I love blue so it will be in there somewhere, somehow, take care :lol:
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Glenkarri wrote:
    Thank you so much Cassandra, now I can go ahead with some ideas and yes, I love blue so it will be in there somewhere, somehow, take care :lol:

You're welcome. And I am excited...I already uploaded the sim that will start a legacy there. :)

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7854662