Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Agricultural Expansion Pack

I am so sure someone else has said this somewhere before. Even so, I'm throwing my wish out there and would like to hear if I'm the only one who wants their farmer sims to actually be FARMERS! ;D

Loving the horses, and dogs and cats. I know some people don't really use the pets in their games, but I think this is something not only the animal lovers, but the strategic gamers would enjoy.

Reasons:

> Cows, sheep, goats, pigs and chickens won't be as invasive as regular pets because they are purely outdoor and stay in their pens. They can't be controlled, however as a consequence.

> Like a garden, with love and dedication, they yield bounty and profit!

> Fun activities: A RODEO! Throwing eggs at your enemies, cow tipping (if that's not too cruel, and your sim is mean/rude) and all manner of other hillbilly adventures.

> For animal lovers: a bond with your farm animals for those critter lovers like me promotes their milk/egg/wool production. Cleaning and care keeps a sheep's wool clean and high quality.(Pigs get fatter and when they are sold we don't have to know they became bacon. :P Or just scrap pigs if bieng friends with them is just too morbid, but you don't see me crying.)

Anyway, having actual cows and chickens on at least one of the lots in my town would make it so much more immersive and believable. There's got to be many others who agree!

SigLav_zpsnefshzbc.jpg

Comments

• Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited February 2013
    Farming is often requested. There was even an official survey about it! I've been wanting farm animals and produce for a very long time. :D
  • Options
    RhodalleRhodalle Posts: 52 Member
    edited February 2013
    Oh great! Thanks for letting me know, and sorry I've been under a rock. :D
    SigLav_zpsnefshzbc.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    no probs. Threads like this are good because it shows players are thinking independantly and really want this.

Here is the link to a copy of the survey if you'd like to read it:

http://simsvip.com/2012/04/30/more-expansion-ideas-via-2nd-game-survey/

You might like my thread 'homecrafts' because it has a lot about farm animals in there:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/576295.page

But keep your thread going, the more the merrier! :D
  • Options
    AlchemyAlchemy Posts: 159 Member
    edited February 2013
    And the option to expand your lot and purchase squares of land next to your lot add it to your current lot
  • Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited February 2013
    Alchemy wrote:
    And the option to expand your lot and purchase squares of land next to your lot add it to your current lot

I'm going to open this up with an admission: I am heavily, heavily biased on the idea of farming.

I am a serious Harvest Moon fan. It's one of the game series I enjoy the most. I can probably recite off the growth patterns and such of whichever one I'm playing from memory with my eyes closed at any given moment. So, yes, I want the ideas in the opening post.

But the idea of expanding your lot probably isn't going to happen. It's a technical issue; it relates to how EA deals with routable and unroutable land. Expanding your lot would create a lot of glitches unless they managed to patch how they deal with it in some way.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    CjsGirlFriend22CjsGirlFriend22 Posts: 85 New Member
    edited February 2013
    This idea should have came out in the Pets EP.... I highly doubt them making a Farm EP... but the idea is pretty cool.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    This idea should have came out in the Pets EP.... I highly doubt them making a Farm EP... but the idea is pretty cool.

Well... they were considering it because they made a survey! :D

(ps I like your avvi)
  • Options
    SkeldaSkelda Posts: 15,284 Member
    edited February 2013
    Well, I was hoping that some sort of farming would come with Pets as well. I guess we have horses and the gardening skill, but I want my sheep and pigs! :lol: But, I don't think we're going to get it now, though.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited February 2013
    This could be (and hopefully will be) added in to the OFB EP when (not if, when :mrgreen: ) that comes out.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    edited February 2013

Well, they put a lot of time into pet interactions and making the animals playable and individual Sims of their own was a big and awesome leap... But yeah, I suspected there'd be a farming feature in Pets before I saw all that they did end up putting in there, and I really can't complain.

I'd keep my chin up though, because farming is totally a Sim game thing. The strategy, the SIMulation of something so intrinsic to any society. Plus the sheer number of people who'd really like it. I think it's a desperately needed feature for any town. I mean, we have trees, hills, countryside... no farming??? Weeeiiird. lol I think EA is giving it real consideration.

I hope they add a fairground to show your animals/plants/crafts and a rodeo. I'm very curious to hear what others would like to have in an expansion like this.

Oh and a new wild animal pest should be added... foxes. They can raid the hen-house, lol. Maybe the rooster will give him a what-fer. :P
    no probs. Threads like this are good because it shows players are thinking independantly and really want this.

Here is the link to a copy of the survey if you'd like to read it:

http://simsvip.com/2012/04/30/more-expansion-ideas-via-2nd-game-survey/

You might like my thread 'homecrafts' because it has a lot about farm animals in there:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/576295.page

But keep your thread going, the more the merrier! :D

Super! Thanks for the links! :D
    SigLav_zpsnefshzbc.jpg
  • Options
    ElijahsBabyGurl9ElijahsBabyGurl9 Posts: 1,326 Member
    edited February 2013
    Even though the idea has been tossed around here and there I too am a HUGE Harvest Moon fan and would absolutely LOVE to see a Farm related EP. I love having my sims play farmers (since my current Sims story centers on Chelsea and Vaughn from Island of Happiness/Sunshine Islands ~^_^~) it would make the Sims experience more enriching for me. Personally I hope that they come out with something like this.

Good luck keep your thread rolling. Bookmarked and supporting. :oops:
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Even though the idea has been tossed around here and there I too am a HUGE Harvest Moon fan and would absolutely LOVE to see a Farm related EP. I love having my sims play farmers (since my current Sims story centers on Chelsea and Vaughn from Island of Happiness/Sunshine Islands ~^_^~) it would make the Sims experience more enriching for me. Personally I hope that they come out with something like this.

Good luck keep your thread rolling. Bookmarked and supporting. :oops:

*Tears of happiness* What a great Sims community! T_T Thank you!

Every voice gives this expansion a better chance!

What do people think of breed customization for livestock? What breeds of cows/chickens/goats/sheep would you love to have on your farm? :D
    SigLav_zpsnefshzbc.jpg
  • Options
    TiffanyLea007TiffanyLea007 Posts: 1,068 Member
    edited February 2013
    I hope we get this in The Sims 4, might not happen before the end of the Sims 3. I have posted farming too before.