Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Riverview Bridges wont stay in my world file.

:(Hi i am having a problem with the Riverview Bridges thay don't stay with my world when i export it.I can get them to work in my game but thay won't show up when someone else installs my world.Thay have Riverview installed in their game.So i don't know why thay don't work.I have used them in some of my other worlds and thay worked just fine.I have them in the right file in my game to work.Has any one else had this problem.

Comments

• BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    edited February 2013
    Hi, HturnerP! *waves* If I'm remembering correctly they need to install the .package files for those bridges in order for them to work. I'm thinking they need them in the Documents area of the game but my brain's fuzzy on exactly how to make them work. I'm pretty sure there's more info about it where you downloaded the stuff to begin with.
    Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)
  • HturnerPHturnerP Posts: 1,488 Member
    edited February 2013
    BSIRegina wrote:
    Hi, HturnerP! *waves* If I'm remembering correctly they need to install the .package files for those bridges in order for them to work. I'm thinking they need them in the Documents area of the game but my brain's fuzzy on exactly how to make them work. I'm pretty sure there's more info about it where you downloaded the stuff to begin with.
    Hi Regina I'm not sure either but i can't fined where i got them from i know i did get them from mod the Sims but i can't find the post.I guess i have to keep looking maybe i will find it.*waves*back...When my other worlds wear upload no one said that they did not have them but maybe thous that download them already had the files in their game anyway.
    edited February 2013
    Yeah, I don't think I have that bookmarked. It's in the CAW section over there, I do know that. I'll bet there's a link directly to it in the Resources post.

I was going to use them at one point for something then decided not to after I read what all was needed to make them work properly because it just confuses way too many people.
    edited February 2013
    BSIRegina wrote:
    Yeah, I don't think I have that bookmarked. It's in the CAW section over there, I do know that. I'll bet there's a link directly to it in the Resources post.

I was going to use them at one point for something then decided not to after I read what all was needed to make them work properly because it just confuses way too many people.
    :)Thanks Regina i found it and they do haveto have the files in their game so i just changed my world and i used the other bridges that do come with caw.At least i did find the answer.
    edited February 2013
    Oh, excellent! I was hoping when I first read about those the files simply allowed access to the Riverview MetaData files, didn't realize they were basically clones of said content. It put a crimp in a couple of my plans. Ah well, as little time as I have to do world-building and the like it's not a big deal and the most important projects are getting done so that's really all that matters.
    edited February 2013
    BSIRegina wrote:
    Oh, excellent! I was hoping when I first read about those the files simply allowed access to the Riverview MetaData files, didn't realize they were basically clones of said content. It put a crimp in a couple of my plans. Ah well, as little time as I have to do world-building and the like it's not a big deal and the most important projects are getting done so that's really all that matters.
    :)It said just the Bridges and the Distant Terran work this way.The other things seam to work just like other objects.