Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fairy Powers

Hi there,

I have a problem that has started since the last patch 1.48

My fairy has lost her magic in her bar, no there isn't any seeds, or foreign anything to give her that problem.

She gets to a level of power, and then thats where things go wrong. She loses the magic in her bar, her aura's refuse to run out, but magic is still there to use.

The magic can be used, but backfires all the time, and even hot head backfires and sets her on fire, and kills her.

And the fairy house has lost it's emote to drink pollen punch.

I wouldn't really mind if her magic was fine, but it's not right, and her ability as a fairy is not good.

I thought it was just this game, but i started my second generation game, and it changed my fairy LOLA as well. No pollen punch and her magic is terrible. This is a fairy sim who has been master of her magic for ages, and to see her fail is annoying to say the least. The pranks fail alot now, and mixing elixers, they fail way too much. Too much for a level 10 Alchemist.

Has anyone else had same problem? Im really hoping I can get a fix on it, but I will stress I don't use cheats of mods. They seem to make my game worse so avoid them.

I have been to live chat and their method was to delete, delete, but i truly want to try resolving it before I get all technical on my game/computer.

Any help on this would be great, it's been like that since the update, live chat told me to uninstall the base game, but it did nothing tbh. Does anyone have an idea what could be causing it? Thanks in advance
FEvr1sR.gif

Comments

• julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    edited February 2013
    They told me to do that once . delete the base game and reinstall it .

The trouble was once i had reinstalled the base game it would not accept all the expansions so i then had to remove and reinstall all those as well .

I have not come across your problem though but it seems something is corrupted in your game .
  • christinebremnerchristinebremner Posts: 3,513 Member
    edited February 2013
    Yes, it's a strange glitch, and it interferes with my fairy sims toddler too.

She cannot feed off the fairy house and her needs have become alot more negative as she was able to care for herself with that. Now she is unhappy and wants to drink from it but there is no emote for it.

I managed to get it to some normality playing around in CAS but it doesn't last long and those problems happen all over again.

/sigh
    FEvr1sR.gif
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited February 2013
    I had a fairy do that once. But how I got her fixed was it took two elixirs. The Potent Cure Elixir and Bottle Blessing of the Fae. I used the first one to turn my fairy into a human, and then the second one to turn her back into a fairy. Don't worry, any magic skills your fairy has earned will not be lost. After I turned her back into a fairy, she had all her fairy powers, and abilities.
  • christinebremnerchristinebremner Posts: 3,513 Member
    edited February 2013
    LaBlue0314 wrote:
    I had a fairy do that once. But how I got her fixed was it took two elixirs. The Potent Cure Elixir and Bottle Blessing of the Fae. I used the first one to turn my fairy into a human, and then the second one to turn her back into a fairy. Don't worry, any magic skills your fairy has earned will not be lost. After I turned her back into a fairy, she had all her fairy powers, and abilities.

Okay thank you I will do that. Glad to know that she wont lose her magic skills either. :) Going to give it a try, thanks LaBlue! :)
    FEvr1sR.gif