Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Looking for a "Horse Academy"

I need to get my riding skill up.
However, I don't have a place in my world, Sunlit Tides, where I can do this.

Does anyone know of any nice lots that I can download for the world?
I would like something decorative and modern, if I can get it, as well.
I also don't want the lot to have a home placed on it; just a place to learn the skill.

Also, will the horses come with the lot when I download?

A large size would be nice, but I can do with any.

Thanks fellow Simmers :D

Comments

• GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited February 2013
    Also, will the horses come with the lot when I download?

1.Only if its a residential lot, community lots can't come with families(a horse must have one sim with them)

2.Only if the creator added a family to the residential lot(1 sim and however many horse they created)
  • bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    edited February 2013
    The Horse Academy building is in the Community Lot->Buildings section. AFAIK, there's only the one building, it doesn't really look very Sunset Tides-ish, but what are ya' gonna' do?

You need a fairly large lot to place it on, I can't remember off the top of my head whether it's 40x40, or 50x50. You can change one of the empty residential lots to a commercial lot and put it there. Or, I thought that the library was excessively huge. I moved the police station (and the business building) onto the same lot as City Hall, bulldozed the library, and built a much smaller library on the lot where the Police Station used to be. That gives a pretty big empty lot where the library used to be.

You don't need the Equestrian Center to learn how to ride a horse, you can read the books and/or just ride your horse around. You can also adopt pets using the computer or your phone. You only need the building if you want to compete in races & jumping.

If you do stick the building down, you can go there and buy horses. There is a limited selection, which is different from the selection of pets available to adopt.

Here's my Library:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6631888

And Civic Center:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6638566

If you want to use those. I haven't made an Equestrian Center for ST yet. There are a whole bunch of ST lots in this thread here:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/577838.page

But I don't know if anybody else made a center either.
    edited February 2013
    Rats, now I have to go build an ST Equestrian Center and/or Training Grounds. And I was just starting my Monte Vista game, too.
    edited February 2013
    OK, here's a quick and dirty Equestrian Center for Sunlit Tides. I didn't put the race training poles on, because they are redundant. Your horse builds up good levels of race training by running the jumps, and just by galloping around from place to place.

Paradise Equestrian Center
    Equestrian Center and Horse Training Grounds for Sunlit Tides (gold) @ 25 Paradise Circle. Replaces the Library, no CC.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6948100

Overview:
    screenshot_original.jpg

Genie with level 10 riding skill on a Unicorn with level 10 jumping skill flies through the course:
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • crs9900crs9900 Posts: 711 Member
    edited February 2013
    Thanks for the info, Springfairy.

bklienhart,
    Thank you so much for the help. I will surely be placing this lot in a moment when I start my game.
    Very Sunlit Tides, by the way.
    If I have to, I will just purchase a horse to ride around and befriend.

-crs9900
    edited February 2013
    I've done horsie stuff a couple of times. I'd advise buying the book and reading it to learn your first level of riding skill. Then buying a horse.
    To get a horse, you should have a fairly large lot. You'll have room for a stall, and the racing training posts, and the really small beginning jump trainer. Start training your horse on the race training posts until you get one level. Then switch to jump training, and just riding around. Your horse's racing skill will go up fairly well all on it's on.

I'd buy one of the horse play balls. It only takes up small area for the ball itself, but your horse needs a fairly large clear area to play with it. If you tell the horse to play with it, and the horse shakes its head and gets the "no path" thought bubble, you don't have enough clear space.

Although if the horse has been playing with the ball and gets the "no path", try moving the ball to a different spot. Sometimes it just gets stuck. If moving it doesn't work, delete the ball and buy a new one (they're pretty cheap).
    edited February 2013
    Thanks for the response.
    I already downloaded the lot that you built and placed it in Sunlit Tides.
    The first riding skill is all I have (I read the book sometime ago).

Question: Once I purchase the horse, can I leave it on the lot that you built or do I have to house it myself? I really don't want to do that!
    I don't mind purchasing more items for the horse if I can leave it on your lot.

-crs9900
    edited February 2013
    crs9900 wrote:
    Thanks for the response.
    I already downloaded the lot that you built and placed it in Sunlit Tides.
    The first riding skill is all I have (I read the book sometime ago).

Question: Once I purchase the horse, can I leave it on the lot that you built or do I have to house it myself? I really don't want to do that!
    I don't mind purchasing more items for the horse if I can leave it on your lot.

-crs9900

A horse is like any other sim, it can go where ever it wants, or where ever you tell it. It can eat and sleep on commercial lots if there's a hitching post or stall there. The horse still has social needs though, and needs to be groomed and taken care of daily. Which you want to do anyway, because it builds relationship with your sim.

What you can do, if you don't have room on your actual house lot for a stall, is go into the world editor and place a small 10x10 or 10x15 lot next door to, or across the street from your house. Turn it into a commercial lot with no visitors allowed, and put down a stall and a salt lick. Then you can have your horse go over there to eat, drink, and sleep. Then come back home to be taken care of.

You could use the training grounds, but I wouldn't unless it's really close to your house. Your sim will need to interact with the horse a lot even when you aren't riding it. One thing you can do is get a cat or dog or another horse. Then they can play with each other to fill their social needs. If your horse wakes up in the middle of the night with a social need problem, send the cat out to play with it. :)
  • wecantpickanamewecantpickaname Posts: 1,129 Member
    edited February 2013
    This guide is useful when browsing for lots.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/582754.page

Some creators take requests. It's wonderful to have a custom built lot so that you don't have to waste time replacing base game items. I take requests :) My signature is a link to my showcase if you'd like to see what I can do.

I have all worlds, all premium content, all Stuff Packs and all Expansion packs installed. I also have 95% of the store content installed. So you name it, I build it!
    edited February 2013
    That's a great idea, bklienhart
    I will try placing a very small lot close to mine that will have just about everything a horse needs.
    This way I can "house" it and take care of it at the same time without it being on my own lot.
    I will also place two horses on the same lot in order to fulfill any social needs.

Wecantpickaname,
    I may call on you to build me a nice lot (if you're willing to take the request :D )

Please let me know. I promise not to make it too extravagant.
    How would I be able to contact you about a request?

Thanks for the help fellow Simmers :)
    edited February 2013
    Since I was bored, I went ahead and whipped up a small house for horsie people, the Tropical Horse Ranch.

2 Bedroom, 1 bath, 1 car garage. Small house for the horse lover with 2 stall stable and fully equipped for your equistrian needs, as well as cats & dogs. Designed for Sunlit Tides (gold) @ 14 Castaway Cove. Under 50K, no CC.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6960094

screenshot_original.jpg

Stables
    screenshot_original.jpg

Training Area
    screenshot_original.jpg

Two bedrooms, 1 bathroom, with sauna
    screenshot_original.jpg

Kitchen, dining, living room, garage
    screenshot_original.jpg
    edited February 2013