Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How much CC do you have?

Comments

• Options
    cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    cleo00 wrote: »
    I did some checking - somewhere between 20 and 40 GB. How is my game not broken?

That is impressive

I need to go to CCDA - Custom Content Downloaders Anonymous :D
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    The same amount of unicorns bigfoot and pixies I seen in real life is how much CC is in my game. :*
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    Fireheart2010Fireheart2010 Posts: 148 Member
    Just packages 431MB but I'm not sure what I have as far as packs go.
    peace_love_adopt_rectangular_sticker-r4646840974ac43558d16db15cbd53fcb_v9wxo_8byvr_307.jpg?rvtype=content

• Options
    > @cleo00 said:
    > I did some checking - somewhere between 20 and 40 GB. How is my game not broken?

I am also wondering how your game is not broken! That is amazing though! My computer would never hold all of that.
    peace_love_adopt_rectangular_sticker-r4646840974ac43558d16db15cbd53fcb_v9wxo_8byvr_307.jpg?rvtype=content

• Options
    > @cleo00 said:
    > MemoriiValentine wrote: »
    >
    > cleo00 wrote: »
    >
    > I did some checking - somewhere between 20 and 40 GB. How is my game not broken?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > That is impressive
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I need to go to CCDA - Custom Content Downloaders Anonymous :D

Where do you get so much cc from?

• Options
    > @cleo00 said:
    > MemoriiValentine wrote: »
    >
    > cleo00 wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > That is impressive
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I need to go to CCDA - Custom Content Downloaders Anonymous :D

Where do you get so much cc from?

Tumblr CC finds mostly. And I know my computer can handle it 'cause its a hefty gaming laptop with a terabyte hard drive and like 8 Gb ram or something like that. I am absolutely dumbfounded as to how my game can handle it. CAS takes a little long to load all the hairs but its otherwise perfect.
    I accumulated it all in a pretty short while - last two years or so. I go on bi weekly binges where I come out with 1000+ things. It seriously is a problem but the creators just keep making nce stuff!
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    I just checked my mods folder 269MB. Whew! I'm not in the GB range yet. I'm relieved. At least I don't have too bad of an addiction...

YET.

CCDLParty.jpg
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    therealsunsetvalleytherealsunsetvalley Posts: 438 Member
  • Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
  • Options
    1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 486 Member
    Ugh. I just caught the addiction. Before I was "buy up the store". Now it is buy up the CC hair, skin, eyes, script mods. In the past three days I have done this (but I haven't installed most of it yet):
    517cp2.jpg
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I made a folder for all of my must have mods + defaults with a small amount of CC I use all the time. My entire CC collection and store collection is archived to pull from if I need anything else. Each save file has a separate game folder so I can swap them out and I only install extra content as I need it. This means things load slightly faster and I don't get lost looking for things in the catalogs.

"Base Mods" (my must haves) = 400MB
    CC Archive = 4.5GB
    Store Archive = 10GB

I'm still fine tuning how to organize it all and currently exporting all of my NRaas mod settings. I finally grabbed an external drive during a sale so I can safely keep things off of the backup internal drive.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    3.21 GB in my mods folder. Though it is ever-growing. :lol:

And my Simpack CC and store content equals about 7 GB.
  • Options
    Each save file has a separate game folder so I can swap them out and I only install extra content as I need it. This means things load slightly faster and I don't get lost looking for things in the catalogs.

@Simasaurus09 Very smart! I'm stealing this plan. If you can explain this:

I see people all the time post how they only use a little of the content they have downloaded at a time and I always wonder how they do that. I want it in my build and buy so I can find it if I need it. It's like having 300 pair of shoes stacked in boxes with no pictures or descriptions. How do you remember what you have when you need it??
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Each save file has a separate game folder so I can swap them out and I only install extra content as I need it. This means things load slightly faster and I don't get lost looking for things in the catalogs.

@Simasaurus09 Very smart! I'm stealing this plan. If you can explain this:

I see people all the time post how they only use a little of the content they have downloaded at a time and I always wonder how they do that. I want it in my build and buy so I can find it if I need it. It's like having 300 pair of shoes stacked in boxes with no pictures or descriptions. How do you remember what you have when you need it??

Installed sims3packs are tied to the DCCache folder. Installed worlds go in the InstalledWorlds folder. If you have any installed premium content then the .ccmerged file inside of the DCBackup folder is important for it to work. You don't have to switch out the whole game folder, you can bundle together only the folders that save file needs. Whenever you're switching out game folders, rename it to something you'll remember. When you switch it back in, the game folder must be named The Sims 3.

My CC archive folder is a little more organized with images renamed to match the file name this way they are bundled together and then filed by type. As for my Store archive folder, I've filed it by Exclusives, Individual Items, Sets, and Worlds. This guide shows you how to backup store content.

Is there something else you wanted me to explain?
  • Options
    I only install extra content as I need it
    Maybe I am misunderstanding, and you are only talking about worlds and skins and some scripts? I am focused on CAS and Build/Buy items. My worlds and venues are only about 20% of my content. Mods and scripts just a tiny fraction.

Several people have said they only install a fraction of their custom content per game. My question is related to how do you determine what you are going to use per game and if later in game you decide you need to add more, how to you find what you are looking for? The file descriptions - especially for store content - don't match the item name and it can be a challenge to decipher what the real article is without dropping it into the downloads folder and checking the launcher. It would be different if the files had images of the items as icons instead of the same ts3 icon for each. I, personally, can't remember everything I have, so if I can't see it in the build/buy catalog or CAS I feel I might miss the perfect lamp or chair or window for a room.

Thanks!
  • Options
    Sophiebear2002Sophiebear2002 Posts: 67 Member
    I used to have over 2000 pieces of cc - now I have none at all! My game is so fast and it's much more fun to play without glitches :smiley:
    X19cKdm.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    I only install extra content as I need it
    Maybe I am misunderstanding, and you are only talking about worlds and skins and some scripts? I am focused on CAS and Build/Buy items. My worlds and venues are only about 20% of my content. Mods and scripts just a tiny fraction.

Several people have said they only install a fraction of their custom content per game. My question is related to how do you determine what you are going to use per game and if later in game you decide you need to add more, how to you find what you are looking for? The file descriptions - especially for store content - don't match the item name and it can be a challenge to decipher what the real article is without dropping it into the downloads folder and checking the launcher. It would be different if the files had images of the items as icons instead of the same ts3 icon for each. I, personally, can't remember everything I have, so if I can't see it in the build/buy catalog or CAS I feel I might miss the perfect lamp or chair or window for a room.

Thanks!
    I'm talking about all forms of content but I was explaining how to installed sims3packs work.
    Sorry, I'm having a hard time explaining this. :/

I have all of my stuff backed up like I said and somewhat organized... So I just pull up the folder that I have it stored in and copy it over to the Downloads folder (sims3packs) or the Mods folder (package file). Once you put a sims3pack into the Downloads folder, install it through the launcher. Make sure to shut the game down before putting package files into the Mods folder. You can rename sims3packs and package files. Example: I just downloaded this outfit from the store. The sims3pack reads afBodySportsTennis once downloaded but I can rename the file to Athletic Dress. (right-click > rename). You can also save the image from the store page. (right-click > Save image as...). Then name the image to match the content.
    36548721886_99211b739e_o.png

It takes some time to really set up a full archive of all your stuff.
  • Options
    Alright. Thanks for the explanation. I don't have a problem with how to load the content. Your explanation of an archive catalog is a bit daunting, but I may do it. Maybe after a bottle of wine on a Friday night when my husband is out of town...

I have all my store stuff archived and organized into sub-folders by type. And then I have a folder that contains a copy of all my store content to download without the duplication you get with so many store compilations and freebies. That alone took days and spreadsheets. And I have an archive of my mods and a new archive of the CC I downloaded this week. To use your system, I would have to rename all my store content to their proper names and download all the pictures for those files and the CC I acquired. Then when I start a new game I would install everything I want fresh for that game. I'm thinking I would still want everything in game and the whole exercise would be pointless. I am hopeless. :#
  • Options
    It makes sense for me because I separate my saves into different game folders but if you never plan on having separate game folders, it may not be beneficial to you. At least you already have it backed up and organized. I don't know how much of the store you own but I own around 90% and never use all of it at one time.
  • Options
    korsetkorset Posts: 398 Member
    i have 24 gb and its growing
  • Options
    I have about 70% of the store - close to 6 GB.

I have a tendency to play one game until I get bored and then I start new. I rarely if ever go back to a prior game. I used to pick one world and stick with it, but lately I have been moving worlds at different life stages. Grow up in one town, go to Uni, move to another town for work. Maybe move again for a promotion. Retire in a different town. Vacation in other places.
  • Options
    Currently am in the process of unmerging, sorting, deleting, and remerging my previously mentioned 20-40gb . If I stop posting to the forums for a few days, send help :D
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    No cc or mods, only store things. lots and worlds without CC.
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    this thread has sent me on a cc download tour for the last two days,
    it's easily over 500 new packages more in my folders including mainly hair, winter clothing, scarves & jewelry
    my sims are still in need of good make up though :grimace:

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA