August 7 - Everyone ready for the Friday Highlight? It's ready for you here!
Are you ready for the The Sims Spark'd? Discuss the final episode here! Don't forget to use spoiler tags! Need a refresher? Click here!

Mixology Bars

«1
I would LOVE to have some new mixology bars, even if I have to buy them in the Sims 3 stores.

I'm kind of disappointed that they continued to add new hangout types...like disco club and supernatural hangouts and whatnot but they neglected to add any extra mixology bars. I know that they were released as part of an expansion pack but it's really frustrating having to use the same two bars over and over again just because I want to have mixologists tending the bars at my clubs...

/rant

Comments

  • krimsonnoxkrimsonnox Posts: 6,142 Member
    edited January 2013
    I wish they would give us new bars too!!! the same two styles are worn out, i know it came as an EP feature, but they put the new kids playground stuff in the store that came from Generations, and they released a washer and dryer in the store, and that came with Ambitions. So don't see why they couldn't do it with the bars.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 86,917 Member
    edited January 2013
    I agree and an ice themed one please for the ice lounge.

  • dragon114dragon114 Posts: 1,201 Member
    edited January 2013
    they should patch them into the game be ones based f one already in the store and ep. thry would unlcoke when you late night and the corresponding bar.
  • jacqpinksjacqpinks Posts: 2,098 Member
    edited January 2013
    I agree as well :)

    The ones in the game are getting old :(
    Jacqpinks ♥'s The Sims
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 11,730 Member
    edited January 2013
    Definitely! More bars please :D
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited January 2013
    The things we have in the store are there because the animations were part of a patch so they can sell them in the store - but the animations are not part of a patch and is not going to be from what they said when others before have asked for new bartendered bars so they will not add them to the store. I guess we are stuck with the same ones for an eternity. They will tell you that you can change the way they look by recoloring. As the bars were the main feature for LN - the dances and everything is part of that feature, they were part of the game programming . So the only way to get it is buy the game.


    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

    In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

  • JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    edited January 2013
    I agree, I would love to see some new styles available. I've recolored the two existing two so many times but they still look the same.
  • A_MomA_Mom Posts: 868 Member
    edited January 2013
    I love all the new juice bars that they include with each EP and SP, but I never use them.

    If I'm going to have a bar then I want one with a mixologist because those drinks give you mood buffs and the juice bars only make your sims need to pee.

    I wish they would start making some new professional bars, just like the juice bars, for each new EP and SP but you can only unlock them if you have Late Night.

    I'd also like them to make the juice bars have the ability to make a party drink (if you have LN installed) or give some kind of moodlet like when they drink nectar (whether or not you have LN).
  • LadyLaFleurLadyLaFleur Posts: 2,185 Member
    edited January 2013
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    The things we have in the store are there because the animations were part of a patch so they can sell them in the store - but the animations are not part of a patch and is not going to be from what they said when others before have asked for new bartendered bars so they will not add them to the store. I guess we are stuck with the same ones for an eternity. They will tell you that you can change the way they look by recoloring. As the bars were the main feature for LN - the dances and everything is part of that feature, they were part of the game programming . So the only way to get it is buy the game.

    Couldn't have said it better. :)
    "This game lends itself to certain abuses." - Calvin
  • r3mr3m Posts: 1,723 Member
    edited January 2013
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    The things we have in the store are there because the animations were part of a patch so they can sell them in the store - but the animations are not part of a patch and is not going to be from what they said when others before have asked for new bartendered bars so they will not add them to the store. I guess we are stuck with the same ones for an eternity. They will tell you that you can change the way they look by recoloring. As the bars were the main feature for LN - the dances and everything is part of that feature, they were part of the game programming . So the only way to get it is buy the game.

    There's a set that requires Pets. I don't see why they couldn't create a set that requires Late Night :wink: .
  • murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited January 2013
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    The things we have in the store are there because the animations were part of a patch so they can sell them in the store - but the animations are not part of a patch and is not going to be from what they said when others before have asked for new bartendered bars so they will not add them to the store. I guess we are stuck with the same ones for an eternity. They will tell you that you can change the way they look by recoloring. As the bars were the main feature for LN - the dances and everything is part of that feature, they were part of the game programming . So the only way to get it is buy the game.

    :shock: I see.....! :shock:

    Thank goodness for 3rd party CC! :XD:
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 20,270 Member
    edited January 2013
    I have only recently started using the professional bars and am disappointed in the lack of variety we have so I would like more of them too please.
  • abbyshireabbyshire Posts: 601 Member
    edited January 2013
    I agree. The thing that annoys me is since they're not in the base game, you have to place them in every new neighborhood. So when my Sim gets the wish to order a drink at the Velvet Lounge, it's pointless unless you tweak the Lounge.
    ETA: Darn you, autocorrect!
  • momboqueenmomboqueen Posts: 1,716 Member
    edited January 2013
    Yes more I've had cc ones and some of them were great but I'm trying to go cc free, trying being the hardest thing I've ever done in my life :evil: ,lol.
  • Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited January 2013
    momboqueen wrote:
    Yes more I've had cc ones and some of them were great but I'm trying to go cc free, trying being the hardest thing I've ever done in my life :evil: ,lol.

    I have tried several times to go CC free! Even though I have all EP's, SP's and about 95% of the store, there is still too much missing! My favorite thing to do is build and decorate and without CC, everything looks plain and bland. So, I gave up trying and let my addiction to content (be it store or third party) run rampid!! :lol:
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • KitsunameKitsuname Posts: 8
    edited January 2013
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    The things we have in the store are there because the animations were part of a patch so they can sell them in the store - but the animations are not part of a patch and is not going to be from what they said when others before have asked for new bartendered bars so they will not add them to the store. I guess we are stuck with the same ones for an eternity. They will tell you that you can change the way they look by recoloring. As the bars were the main feature for LN - the dances and everything is part of that feature, they were part of the game programming . So the only way to get it is buy the game.

    I understand that it was part of an EP but with the 70s 80s and 90s SP you can now get the 'groovy' lighted dance floor that make me dizzy if I play at any speed above 1.

    I just don't understand why they can't even release it specifically for those with the EP, like with the pets stuff that they've done. I'm sure a lot of people would be willing to purchase them rather than downloading Custom Content which has the potential to screw up your game.
  • stickykissesstickykisses Posts: 2,001 Member
    edited January 2013
    ah, I need a Japanese bar for my karaoke dive bars, and then a ritzy Edwardian one for my upscale but snobby sims.

    who has made cc professional bars? Sandy at AroundTheSims has made two, both kind of irish pub thingies and SimsIncredible has made a modern one for TSR subscriber-only. Anybody know of any more?
  • murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited January 2013
    momboqueen wrote:
    Yes more I've had cc ones and some of them were great but I'm trying to go cc free, trying being the hardest thing I've ever done in my life :evil: ,lol.

    It should have its own Anonymous program! CCholics Anonymous!!! :mrgreen:
  • ConclueConclue Posts: 2,287 Member
    edited January 2013
    I'm interested in more bars too. The ones we have are tired. I'd like a nice wave style one, or a circular one. Something fresh and modern.
  • paul94597paul94597 Posts: 195 Member
    edited January 2013
    ah, I need a Japanese bar for my karaoke dive bars, and then a ritzy Edwardian one for my upscale but snobby sims.

    who has made cc professional bars? Sandy at AroundTheSims has made two, both kind of irish pub thingies and SimsIncredible has made a modern one for TSR subscriber-only. Anybody know of any more?

    I've been looking for custom bars for ever. Do you have a link for the TSR bar? I searched, but can't find it.

    Links for the ATS bars:

    http://www.aroundthesims3.com/objects/room_downtown_03.shtml
    http://www.aroundthesims3.com/objects/room_downtown_08.shtml
    http://www.aroundthesims3.com/objects/room_downtown_21.shtml

    Both are definitely more "pub" themed.

    Would appreciate any other CC bars people may know of. I agree - I'm tired of the two LN ones.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited January 2013
    Richi3f - well they gave that set because some of the animations did get added to the game without owning pets when they gave the Create a Pet free download before Pets came out. We found out why they did that was because they landed an Iam pet food account and had to make content for Iams for the game - but even if you had that if you downloaded the Iam Pets set which also includes the Christmas Pets set, if you did not have the actual Pets game some of that stuff was changed to just be a statue and in the case of the feeder and the Christmas set it would not even let you download it if you did not have Pets installed. But it is a different story if they have a contract with an Advertizer - then yeah, they generally have to make you able to have at least some of that content in the game.

    Thing is the bartender bar is programming which is also tied into the celebrity systems, the new dances, etc - it is not like a premium content item that comes with just the bar and bartender. If they even made new bars - bartenders will treat them as they do juice bars because they are at most only going to come with juice bar animations - so there would be no point. They did not prepare the bars and bartender programming to be seperated from the whole working night club thing. Just like the could not add the singers to the clubs because that is an entire ep of progreamming all tied to together. Programming does not work that way and don't forget a patch is nothing but a glorified but professionally made mod and as all mods has limits. Patches are basically scripted code that changes the way content usually already in the game but hidden - is animated. They are not about to give you all of LN's programming so you can have some more bars. It would be nice if they could thank people who have bought each ep with additional sets in the store to go with the ep - and surely would consider doing so if it was not for the people who go ballistic when some thing is made that they can't use.

    Can you even imagine the craziness if EA did decide to make sets for each ep and simmers without the eps would go nuts on these forums. That though is the one reason I believe they don't do it.

    Did you not see the Bedlam when they added those hairs to the 60 dollar simpoint bundle - I think people are still up in arms about that because they want the hairs and cannot afford a 60 dollar bundle. People here just will not let us have it because they think they have to have access to everything. They start shouting about equal rights and unfair treatment of paying customers. EA deals with it alright in this manner - where we can't have anything if everybodsy can't have it. Reminds me of Christmas at a toy store and a building full of 7 year olds sometimes.
    Post edited by Unknown User on

    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

    In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited January 2013
    Kitsuname, the new sp has nothing to do with LN. There is no floor like that in Late Night - it is new and only in the sp - which is not a store set - it's an sp.

    Well I would care to differ on people saying without CC their games are bland and unexciting. Rflong NEVER uses CC and you can not sit there and tell me there is anything unexciting or bland about her worlds. You just hear that so many times because it is how CC creators and users convince people to go through the trials and tribulations dealing with Sims 3 and CC and download their stuff. CC users are convinced that stuff looks better - I think most CC looks cheap and tacky. There are a few exceptions - like stuff by Cyclone Sue who is a digital artists (that makes a big difference)- never mind the fact she has been making sims stuff since Sims 1. A few of the skin makes do make lovely skins - but i don't think anyone - not EA or the present makers of hairs has got truly beautiful hairs, but EA is improving. New Sea comes close - I am not blind - so yeah I don't use CC, but my sims and worlds are never boring or pudding or any of those other things you believe that makes your sims better and their world more exciting. I disagree. I know one thing it is not me you see all over the boards carrying on about broken buggy games or unable to play or bad pc items and screaming at EA how awful their game is because I rarely see all that craziness. I will not sit here and say the games are perfect and that there are not bugs or glitches either - because I'd be lying - but they are not game breaking or anywhere as numerous as people report and I can count on one hand the number of times a patch has actually created a problem because I don't use CC and mods. I spend much more time playing and trying to trouble shoot game problems for others who constantly can't "play their games".

    But in the same wind - I also say to EACH their own - it's your game, do what you want, but it is sort of harsh to constantly say such detrimental things about games with out CC or to say people who make worlds and lots and sims with out it make boring and uninteresting worlds. it is not true.

    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

    In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

  • r3mr3m Posts: 1,723 Member
    edited February 2013
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    Richi3f...

    I have to agree with you. It was just wishful thinking of my part. Another reason for them not releasing Store content that requires an EP is that it probably wouldn't sell as much as base-game-friendly content because not everyone owns the EP.
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    Kitsuname, the new sp has nothing to do with LN. There is no floor like that in Late Night - it is new and only in the sp - which is not a store set - it's an sp.

    The dance floor in that SP is a remeshed version of the dance floor from Late Night. It's not new.
  • chasingAJchasingAJ Posts: 802 New Member
    edited February 2013
    I would LOVE LOVE LOVE it if they could assign the bar type to the mixology bar instead of to the lot. When I make the Casino from LP a dance club (has the best drink list, imo) they close. A Casino NEVER closes! I'd also like to have singers at the same place as mixology bars but the only way for that to happen is to throw a party and I'm thinking that just works on the home lot.

    I know that it's a slight tangent but any advice for making a casino with drinks other than the one (I forget which one it is but it's a SINGLE drink available.)
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 20,270 Member
    edited February 2013
    Surely they could manage to have a bar with juice bar animations for people who don't have late night installed and professional bar animations and other properties for people who do have late night installed.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top