Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Child Never Received Imaginary Friend in Generations

Okay, so my baby boy was recently born and never got one of the imaginary friend dolls. I thought he might have to wait to be a toddler to get it, so he just aged up to a toddler and still never got one. This is my first child so i can't say that my other children did get one, but I'm so confused. I thought you receive it whenever it appears in the child's inventory. Am i wrong? Is there anything special i have to do to get it? Please help.

Comments

• playingsims31214playingsims31214 Posts: 11
    edited January 2013
    Sometimes you don't get one. Maybe you do have one, but you have to check the mail to recieve the doll.
  • RileyRiot2010RileyRiot2010 Posts: 166
    edited January 2013
    Have your Sim check the mailbox, then it should be in your child's inventory if he received one (not all babies get one, but most do, at least in my game!)
  • feketemacskafeketemacska Posts: 129
    edited January 2013
    I quit without saving three times and went back to have the same baby again until he finally received the IF doll. Then the pair had twins and they have received the dolls right away.
    Now that the first IF is turned into a human child, I realised that if I turn all of them, the family will have 6 kids instead of 3 and will be impossible to play. I should have left the first baby without the doll.

What I wanted to say, actually, have another child and don't worry if not all of them will get the doll, one is more than enough (:
  • StephBEStephBE Posts: 1,908 Member
    edited January 2013
    Yes, your baby does not necessarily get an imaginary friend from Uncle whoever placed in the mail box.

btw, be careful what you wish for, or it might come true! I can't stand the imaginary friends!! If you want to get rid of them from your game, leave it in the mail box or give it to a friend. :D
  • BowladyBowlady Posts: 4 New Member
    Ok I am still playing Sims 3 and I know there are no more fixes or updates etc, but the last 9 children i have had in my 3 families all but one said their was a special gift in the mail. I immediately go to the mail box and retrieve the mail, but none of them every got their special friend all the way through their teenage years, they haven't gotten to young adult yet, is there something I can do or am I just out of luck?
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    If it says that the gift came in the mail, then it should automatically go into the toddlers backpack once you check the mail and "get gifts". At least mine do.