Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

AL MEDINA, MOROCCO-- IP Resort Finished!!! Download link included on 1st pg

Comments

• RukayaRukaya Posts: 2,553 Member
    edited February 2014
    Hi, just checking in. I didn't know we could delete families and or pets without messing up the game. Would love to delete the horses and keep the chaibis as I am rather fond of them. How do I delete the horses?
  • Zach_BundyZach_Bundy Posts: 1,297 Member
    edited February 2014
    The way you can do that, Rukaya, is to turn on testingcheatsenabled true and the control click on the horses and press delete on the pie menu.
  • RukayaRukaya Posts: 2,553 Member
    edited February 2014
    Thank you Zach. What you are doing in your new world is lovely. Need to bookmark it.
  • JodiRebbyJodiRebby Posts: 1,649 Member
    edited February 2014

Alright so aminovas has agreed to do the recolouring of the resort tower. And here's the link to the new version of the resort. I've added some more trees, put in an outdoor buffet area, deleted a staircase, etc.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9VBBTXWxZ1XZ1lzTGFBdkFpTXc/edit?usp=sharing

Aminovas, you can recolour the tower in this version of the resort whenever you're ready.

Some pics to show what I have done.

2vi46lu.jpg

9icmsn.jpg

2nkpaaa.jpg

30t0tol.jpg

308f9du.jpg

nqoheg.jpg
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited February 2014

Zach, if you're going to work on this resort, feel free to change anything you want. I suck at landscaping. :XD:

This resort should easily be a five-star one now. :lol: The only adjustment that wouldn't be passed on is the chlorination of the pool. Players will have to do that themselves. Other than that, all the food quality, the shifts, the maintenance crew and all the nitty gritty resort stuff should be the same. ;)
    edited February 2014
    I do plan to work on it and then send it back to aminovas. Thank you!

You can send it back to me anytime you're ready. Google drive is best.
  • Micmac53Micmac53 Posts: 9 New Member
    edited February 2014
    Beautiful world, Zach. You and your friends did an amazing job. I found the link on Nilxis' site and I'm playing Al Medina now. This part of the world is very close to my heart. I'm Palestinian/Jordanian, but, spent much of my childhood in Morocco and I'm married to a Moroccan. I gather Arab cultural items for my game, and nearly all of my Simmies are Mediterranean, North African and Middle Eastern, like my family. Al Medina will go well with my collection of Nilxis' Spanish worlds to create a piece of heaven. I downloaded your Costa Del Oro world, too, but haven't seen it yet. I have no talent for making anything for the Sims, so I am so very grateful for those among us who do it well. Shukran! Shukran! ~ Sofi
    edited February 2014

Awesome! Can't wait to see what you'll do to it and aminovas' work as well. I have playtested the resort so there shouldn't be any problems. Other changes include placing the stereo closer to the dance floor (for playability). I'm only sorry I couldn't do more to help.

I love your resort, Zach; it's stunning and stylish and would make a great addition to Al Medina. Is the resort going to be uploaded to the Exchange I'm guessing (instead of being packaged in an updated version of Al Medina)?

edited February 2014
    Thank you Micmac! I'm especially glad that this world is to your liking. I'd warn you on costs del Oro though; it's pretty but it has rough edges and repeated houses. It was a great learning experience though!

Jodi, can you post a link to the download on this thread?
    edited February 2014
    Oops sorry! I feel like such a spazz not seeing the link at the top of your picture post! Sorry about that.
    edited February 2014

Lol!! Haha no worries. Happens to the best of us. :thumbup: :mrgreen:
  • azul662azul662 Posts: 222 Member
    edited March 2014
    Just wanted to let you know that I was playing your world today - playing the Zain family. You did such a beautiful job on the world. I love the detail you gave to your buildings, and to the sims that you populated in the world - Great job :thumbup:
    edited March 2014
    Thank you Azul! It was a big team effort.
  • aminovasaminovas Posts: 1,523 Member
    edited March 2014
    Hi! Sorry I've been AWOL :) It has been a rough week, but I'm doing a lot better since yesterday evening, and I wanted to let Jodi know I took a good look at the files for recoloring the resort tower. They are just plain weird. I don't know how to describe it as I can't quite figure out what is going on with them. There are multiple files for each tower that look the same, but with slight coloration differences. I think it may have something to do with how they work as an animated unit, changing shape as you make additions and maybe changing color a bit through that transition. I'll have a go with them, all the same, and get in game and see what the resort towers are up to as they change shape :)

edited March 2014
    Hey Jackie it's wonderful to hear from you! I hope that you continue to feel better. Those color options are very interesting to me! I had no idea that the towers change along with the resort.
    edited March 2014

Hi, aminovas, Zach!

Aminovas, hope you'll feel better soon!

I didn't know that about the resort towers too. Interesting. Well, I'm in over my head a little so I'm real glad you're doing this, ami. Thanks again and please take care!!
  • aminovasaminovas Posts: 1,523 Member
    edited March 2014
    Hi! Sorry to be so slow. I was doing great and then I had a pretty rough week this week. I should be back on track now I hope :)

I did the recolor! It turns out it each tower has three color options! And that is why the textures looked complicated. Duh. Haha! The only tower that isn't really amenable to retexturing is the beach tower, but luckily the modern tower and the spanish tower are very easy to retexture just like any other recolor. The beach towers you can alter the color somewhat, but it is a little more complicated. I thought it would be good to make a set of options that could work for Al Medina for all of the towers, but really only the modern spanish towers are doable. When I'm feeling a bit more chipper I might post at MTS and see if anyone can help me figure it the other. That is all a bit besides the point, though, as you all just want the Modern tower. So, I wanted to get that up for anyone who wanted a resort tower that won't look totally out of place in Al Medina. This is a very plain recolor: three very muted colors, in gray, pinkish tan, and tan.

aminovas_modernresortdefault

If anyone has any other idea for how to recolor this and wants to use the files I've extracted for this, they should feel free :) Or let me know more specifically what you would like and I'll see what I can do!

I hope you are all doing well!
    edited March 2014
    Hi Jackie! I'm sorry that your health is so volatile right now, but it is great to hear from you.

I'm excited to see the tower! The soonest I can get to it will be tomorrow. Thank you so much for doing that. How is kings point?
    edited March 2014
    Over 1,100 DL's. Thanks guys!
    edited March 2014
    It'll work great without pets

;)

As long as you're humane, haha.

Post pics if you don't mind! I love seeing other people's sims in Al Medina!
    edited March 2014
    Recent Play pics:

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

edited April 2014

It's ok, ami; just hope you're feeling better! :) I'm sorry for not checking in earlier too.

This information might be of use to you guys. I've upgraded the resort tower so that guests could have room and spa service and this comes with more colour choices for the resort tower. (:

• Micmac53Micmac53 Posts: 9 New Member
    edited April 2014
    I'm enjoying this world so much! It's so perfect for how I play and my Simmies are having a lot of fun there, too. I may download some pics soon. Thanks again!
    edited April 2014
    Thank you! Sorry about this wait for the hotel guys, I've kinda been discouraged by tech issues lately.
  • Mod_interiorMod_interior Posts: 1
    edited May 2014
    I have gotta say, this is the BEST world I have every downloaded!!!!! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top