Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

AL MEDINA, MOROCCO-- IP Resort Finished!!! Download link included on 1st pg

Comments

• juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    edited November 2013
    Hi Zach! a Mexican world will be great, I would love to help with some Spanish Colonial architecture if you want, let us see your pics when you are ready.
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Zach_BundyZach_Bundy Posts: 1,297 Member
    edited November 2013
    Wow eager beavers!

I rearranged my town a tiny bit on paper, but the result is wonderful, so now I have to build it! I looked at some ancient Aztec ruins that I've been able to hike in real life, and I'm completely inspired to build an interpretation of them.

I'm kinda scared that I'll blurt out the result, so it'll take a while to get actual pics up.

Unlike Arabic I can speak a decent amount of Spanish, so i should be able to put together some nice names. You (junceda and nilxis) are native speakers though, so I'd love your help on it!

Nilxis, I'm excited for you to download Al Medina! Be sure to keep in touch when you do!

Junceda, I'd love your help on buildings, too!

The best I can do for now is to give you guys a link to this song: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Wl4FDA2VaiI&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DWl4FDA2VaiI
    edited November 2013
    Woohoo! We just broke 500 dl's for Al Medina, and 73 recs!
  • JodiRebbyJodiRebby Posts: 1,649 Member
    edited November 2013
    This is going to be fun ... I can feel it in my bones. :D

As Junceda says, let us see your pics when you're ready. Hey, Zach, are you going to create a new thread for the Mexican world (and post the pics there)? Or, just use this thread?

Thanks for including me in the project. :wink:
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited November 2013
    Love the screenshot, Zach. Makes me want to get back to my game there! I've been trying to get some YA's through Uni so I could try the new professions. There just isn't enough time for all the simming I'd like to do! :P

Thanks, Reach - that photo of the cab in the water was quite a surprise! I didn't see it go off the road or anything, I was just looking around with the camera and when I saw it I think my eyes looked like this: :shock:

I love, love, love your ideas for a Mexican world! If I can help in any way, I would love to be a part of it too. :-)

The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • momboqueenmomboqueen Posts: 1,721 Member
    edited November 2013
    Zach_Bundy wrote:
    Woohoo! We just broke 500 dl's for Al Medina, and 73 recs!

Make that 75 just recommended and downloaded!
    edited November 2013
    Thanks guys! I'll definitely be making a new thread for the mexican world, so that the pictures don't get confusing.

Tangie, you can definitely participate!

Right now I'm working on the distant terrain, which is always the first step for me. Wish me luck!
    edited November 2013
    screenshot_original.jpg

I have a rough idea of how the terrain is gonna be.

You might be able to see the first building in the town (if you squint).

It's a mayan pyramid!

I want the pyramid to be at the end of a long hike, kinda like how Macchu Picchu is located in Peru. The only difference is that I've positioned this pyramid so that the Sun will rise from the top of it. When I place the town's Basilica, the Sun will shine through its two towers and into the town square.

Unlike the Amazigh Village in Al Medina, this will be a completely uninhabited area, with ancient ruins.

I also want the pyramid temple to be a collaborative project, since it will be kinda like the centerpiece of the world. This temple is going to have a dungeon in it.

A lot of this town is going to be based off my grandfather's hometown, Campeche. Here's some pics!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSsy1TM0ww32hFueWTuzKJqerYxUSe4RCd4ckByOaNtDlaqBO57lQ

campeche.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTErf021FXsfRgbOM94z-z8fIfuxp2CvVQMl4MxJ-X_nGTR0tMY

campeche7.jpg

Calakmul2.jpg

Anything that you see in my own picture is subject to change. Drastically.
  • aminovasaminovas Posts: 1,523 Member
    edited November 2013
    looks AWESOME!! :D:D
    Thanks for posting pics!
    edited November 2013
    Oh My! It will be great! I like the Pyramide very much and the terrain is most promissing,

I will be waiting for your new thread
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

edited November 2013
    Enjoying the pics ... beautiful and fascinating.

This. Is. Going. To. Be. One. Amazingly. Unique. Great. World. Beyond words. :P
    edited November 2013
    screenshot_original.jpg

I've edited the step-pyramid so that it's steeper. Sadly, I can't have a stairway that goes directly up, but such are the limitations of this game :roll:

The ancient architecture that will be featured in this world will be much different than that of Al Medina. Al Medina has a bit of adornment, but the mayan/aztec structures are much more decayed. The geometry of the pyramid should be vicious in a way. I don't think I need to tell you guys what would have happened at the top of this pyramid a few thousand years ago!

Before the Spaniards came, the tops of these temple pyramids would have a golden altar, but these were torn away for their own purposes.

Also, it's good to keep in mind that the Aztecs and Mayans were not the only pre-Columbian civilizations to have lived in Central America. There were the Teotihuacano civilization, the Olmecs, the Toltecs, Zapotecs, and others. That means that by the time that the Spaniards came to Mexico in the 1500's, many of these sites were already in ruins!
    edited November 2013
    Too bad about the stairs but at least there's a representation in the world ... :) It's looking good ...

Ooh the ruins would be so cool and with the decay and wear of the ancient monuments, there's going to be a sense of history and time and heritage.

Zach, I remember you were talking about cabanas? I think the grungy look for them would go nicely with the ruins and ancient buildings and would really stand out.

EDIT: Whatever you decide to do will be just great, I'm sure. :wink:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • NilxisNilxis Posts: 596 Member
    edited November 2013
    Maybe with cfe you could build a steep pyramid with a stairway that goes directly up, I think it could work.

Also, don't forget to include cenotes, they are a geological formation typical in the Yucatán area. Some of them have crystal waters, so you could use them as dive spots ;) Here are some pictures:

karst-mexico-The-Zacat%C3%B3n-cenote.jpg

cenote.jpg

cenote-dos-ojos-e1346002212510.jpg?w=600&h=450
    edited November 2013
    Awesome!!!

If what's in the pics could be in the world as well ... wow!!! *sighs with happiness*
    edited November 2013
    Yes! Blue holes. Cenotes. At least two. One inland and one out on a reef :D:D:D

Nilxis made a great one in Suvadiva

Zach: you could start a new thread! :D
    edited November 2013
    I might get to actually making the thread either today or tomorrow. I just need to be in the mood for it I think.

I definitely won't forget the cenotes! I actually swam in one before, and it's an unforgettable experience. I was planning on combining certain arched rocks and plants from CAW with normal inland water so that they can be swam through.

As for the pyramid, I've tried using CFE on it and the problem is that the stairs themselves go up at a forty-five degree angle, and what I need is at least a 70 degree angle. I'm still gonna fiddle around PLENTY with this pyramid until I get it right.

My picture is actually a version that I made after replacing the lot itself and then rebuilding from nothing.

I think I'm going to work on the Zocalo before I work on the cabanas.
    edited November 2013
    Phew I'm tired

screenshot_original.jpg

This is a picture of how I'm planning for the rocks to be in Las Palomas (that's the name) I like how this style of painting will work for both heavy jungle, and coastal areas.

In the Jungle, it looks like the rocks are covered in moss, and here on the coast, it's algae.

I'm like halfway done on the Cathedral, because I just got kinda tired of building.

screenshot_original.jpg

Pyramid V3. I think I'm happier with this version.

screenshot_original.jpg

I'm kinda tired of building right now, because using CFE kinda wears me out.
    edited November 2013
    tired? no kidding!
    You are cranking on this! Looks awesome :D I would never think to build how you do.

Hey! I just purchased an Alienware 17. Which hopefully means I'll be back in business soon :D I hope I won't regret this decision. I feel kinda dizzy about it.
    edited November 2013
    Thanks aminovas! I think I'm gonna focus on getting a beta out sooner rather than later. Good luck on Alienware!

My preliminary building count is lower than Al Medina, but it kinda fits the bill for what I'm going for.

The first beta most likely will be a map with most of the lots laid out.
    edited November 2013
    You'll probably beat me to my King's Point Beta :D
    edited November 2013
    I have a long weekend coming up so hopefully I can get some ideas rendered by then! I love graph paper!
    edited November 2013
    screenshot_original.jpg

I have a little bit of the landscaping done. All of the lots for this district are placed, so I could technically give you guys the beta, if you wanted me to.

I've labelled the lots with roman numerals so that you'll be able to point out your assignments more easily.

I have builder's block though! I need to take a little break to rekindle my patience.
    edited November 2013
    Hi Zach!

I am now by finishing my Caceres world, may be I will upload in a couple of days.

When I´m done I will very gladly build for you, I need also a breack from the spanish medieval style, so it will be wonderfull to cooperate in your Project with some colourfull colonial houses!
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

edited November 2013
    I'm totally going to steal the lot-labelling idea.
    Zach, i'd put money on you finishing this before I finish King's Point!
    Junceda, I'm so excited Caceres is finishing up!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top