Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Is A Better Graphic Card????? I need help A.S.A.P (Solved)

Hello Everyone Im on the process of buying a computer online and I am giving this options which one will be best...

-1GB AMD Radeon HD 7670 [DVI, DP, HDMI, VGA adapter]

-3GB Nvidia GeForce GT640 [DVI, HDMI and VGA via adapter]

-2GB AMD Radeon HD 7770 [DVI, HDMI, DP & VGA via adapter]

-1.5GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 [Dual Bracket; 2x DVI, HDMI, DP, VGA via adapter]

-2GB Nvidia GTX680 [Dual Bracket; DVI, HDMI, DP & VGA via adapter]

Please which one should I choose???

Thank You :)

Comments

• MinDtriKzMinDtriKz Posts: 5,441 Member
    edited January 2013
    google this. they have comparison sites online with a zillion cards listed.
  • blueeyed32blueeyed32 Posts: 1,469 New Member
    edited January 2013
    3 GB one - the more GB the better.
  • ArchivistArchivist Posts: 4,375 Member
    edited January 2013
    The NVIDIA GTX680 is one of the best of the current generation of graphics cards.

A shortcut to figuring out the general quality of a card is to look at the second digit in the model number. Numbers below 5 are low-end cards, numbers above 5 tend to be the awesome ones.

Here is a helpful chart showing the relative GPU performance of various NVIDIA cards: http://bit.ly/UQKrb6 (notice how low the 640 performs compared to the 680)

Of the two AMD cards, the 7770 is superior, but after a quick Google search, it seems that people are of the opinion that the 680 is better than the 7770. I've been strictly an NVIDIA customer, so I don't have much to go on but others' opinions when it comes to AMD.

Hope this helps. :)
    9d9hOnJ.png
  • LetterM2013LetterM2013 Posts: 1,577 New Member
    edited January 2013
    MinDtriKz wrote:
    Stop being rude.
  • KatiardguezKatiardguez Posts: 640 Member
    edited January 2013
    Thank you all for being kind and giving me you suffestions. I truly appreciated, Thank you :)
  • summermistx3summermistx3 Posts: 1,537 Member
    edited January 2013
    blueeyed32 wrote:
    False. Modern games don't even require over 2GB of memory for graphics card. So buying a 3GB Nvidia GeForce GT 640 rather than a 2GB Nvidia GTX 680 (one of the best graphics card in the market) wouldn't be a smart move.
  • blackcatt99blackcatt99 Posts: 83 New Member
    edited January 2013
    I would go with the GTX680. I am also a strictly Nvidia customer :lol:
    if only i had the money to get that graphics card though.... im getting the gtx660ti in future 8)
  • MinDtriKzMinDtriKz Posts: 5,441 Member
    edited January 2013
    MinDtriKz wrote:
    Stop being rude.

since when is a helpful suggestion rude? there are sites where you can plug in what card you have/want, and compare it to others side-by-side. :roll:
  • danivixendanivixen Posts: 4,254 New Member
    edited January 2013
    blueeyed32 wrote:

3GB refers to VRAM, virtual memory. The Sims doesn't need above 2GB of virtual memory. It's a waste to suggest anymore than that, unless she plans on doing some heavy, heavy duty gaming on multiple screens.

The 680 is one of the best as others have said. The 660 is outdone by the 670, so I wouldn't suggest that.

Radeon's 7970 is comparable to the 680, but again you don't have that suggested. The middle range in my opinion is the 670. Look into that if you can.
  • savethetigers7121savethetigers7121 Posts: 2,057 Member
    edited January 2013
    The 680 is by far the most powerful card on the market now. Also the GB listed refers to video memory which when only using one monitor (assuming the OP is only using one) 2GB is plenty. Here's a listing of the best GPU's for the money.

For anyone, here's a quick lesson on reading the model numbers. Radeon has the HD xxxx cards and Nvidia has GTX xxx. The first digit denotes generation, 7xxx and 6xx are the current generations respectively. Second digit is the performance indicator. 77xx/78xx/79xx or 65x/66x/67x/68x. The third digit only applies to AMD and is a refined performance indicator: 777x/785x/etc. The last digit will 99.99% of the time be a zero. Lastly, if there's a "9" in the number (7990 or 690) that indicates a dual GPU card which is essentially 2 7970's in crossfire or 2 680's in SLI that only take up one PCI-E slot of the motherboard.