Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is this and how do I get rid of it?

screenshot_original.jpg

First let me say that it is not camera routing paint. I had a blob of terrain paint that I tried to erase by visualize layer and 0 color. After I did that, this yellow blob showed up. It shows up in eig also. What is it, what did I do wrong? How do I remove it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :D

kim :cry:
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
Abraham Lincoln

Comments

• Options
    StellaTorontoStellaToronto Posts: 2,123 Member
    edited January 2013
    If it's not camera routing paint...... I'm stumped.
    Can't paint over it?
    If it was yucky brown, there's a solution for that :wink:
    Hope you solve the mystery :)
    stellatorontosims.tumblr.com
  • Options
    kimjo313kimjo313 Posts: 3,865 Member
    edited January 2013
    Nope, not routing paint. Can not erase or paint over it? Im stumped too! Never saw this any where before. Hope someone else has seen it!

Thank you for responding Stella!!

kim :D
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    AHENRICHsAHENRICHs Posts: 1,678 Member
    edited January 2013
    I have had similar problems, too, but I exited out, and it went away. It came back a couple times, but I just did the same process, and it worked. And sometimes when I just click a bunch of random buttons in my settings, it disappears. :)
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited January 2013
    Hi :)

I would love to see it- can you upload just the basic world file? :)
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Hi everyone,
    Thank you for responding. I don't feel silly now that I know someone else has had this. I am just afraid that it may cause problems in game.

Rflong,
    I would love to upload the file, but I am a dinosaur and I am not sure how?? If you leave me directions I will load it up.

I have not gotten far in this world so I will scrap it if we can not figure out the issue. I don't want a world with an error that will cause issues during play.We have enough "issues" to deal with!!

Thank You all again!!

kim :D
    Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    auntielyndsauntielynds Posts: 3,071 Member
    edited January 2013
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    auntielynds,

Once again you have taught a dinosaur something new! I hope I did this correctly as I have never uploaded to a media sharing site before? With the exception of the exchange here.

Here is the link;

http://www.mediafire.com/?ujkw5rb7k29etw9

Thank You again!!!

kim :D:D:D
    ( lots of smiles! I am proud of myself!!)
    Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Hi :)

Awesome. :D

I see it and it looks like where you deleted the base layer of terrain paint. You can use the base paint to repaint it. :)

You can see it when it goes out of rendering distance and yet you can't see it close up.

Let me know if that's correct. :)
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Rflong,

Yes! That is what it was. I painted with the default and it is gone!!!!! If anyone could figure it out I knew you or auntielynd could. I didn't see anything in the tutorials so I posted. Now i have learned 2 new thinggs today!!! THANK YOU!!!

(I was so excited when I saw your response because that meant I actually loaded it correctly. )

sincerely

KIM :D :!:
    Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    edited January 2013
    You did it perfectly. :mrgreen: