Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SimCity & Sims 3 University Life

So I just realised that both SimCity & Sims 3 University Life are released on the same day in US & UK (5th & 8th March respectively)

Will you be getting both, one or the other or neither? Also, which of these two do you think will shift more sales?

Comments

• maxjor928maxjor928 Posts: 3,016 Member
    edited January 2013
    Joseff wrote:
    So I just realised that both SimCity & Sims 3 University Life are released on the same day in US & UK (5th & 8th March respectively)

Will you be getting both, one or the other or neither? Also, which of these two do you think will shift more sales?

7th of March in the UK, I believe. Not 8th.
    edited January 2013
    I'm expecting UL to make more sales because of the heavy criticism on SimCity, and I will probably get UL on March, I will get SC later. Maybe.
  • JoseffJoseff Posts: 546 Member
    edited January 2013
    maxjor928 wrote:
    Joseff wrote:

EU is 8th, we usually get video game releases on a Friday.
  • Fordee09Fordee09 Posts: 7,341 Member
    edited January 2013
    I'll be getting the both. But, If I had to choose one, I'd get SimCity.
    I mean, the whole reason I bought TS1, was because of SimCity! :]
    tumblr_mnt6wnw49M1rx891yo2_500.gif
  • LetterM2013LetterM2013 Posts: 1,577 New Member
    edited January 2013
    I'll only be getting University, SimCity has no interest for me.

I imagine SimCity will shift more copies, it seems more mainstream while Sims is still a bit niche. Plus it's only an EP.
  • ZerbuZerbu Posts: 3,457 Member
    edited January 2013
    I'm not into SimCity as much as I am The Sims. SC is alright, but it's not something I get into in the long term. My main interest in SC5 is to imagine what The Sims 4 would be like. :P
  • TheMrBullTheMrBull Posts: 21
    edited January 2013
    Both if I can squeeze enough money out of myself. If I had to choose it'd have to be SimsCity even though I haven't liked some of the features that have been showcased.
  • lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member
    edited January 2013
    I'm definitely getting both. Especially since I can play SC the day it comes out, and I'll have to wait on playing UL until the mods I use are updated.
    WznfzGr.gif
  • adventfearadventfear Posts: 1,766 Member
    edited January 2013
    I would be getting both, except I lost interest in SimCity when they said you have to constantly be online when playing it.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited January 2013
    Joseff wrote:

I would love to have Simcity, but I don't care for that always connected feature, nor do I care for the focus on playing with other players, and the being seduced to play with other players. You know they will try because the point of it all is to have others to play with. The Sims are a big money suck for me anyway. I don't need two money vortices. :lol:

Simcity is a new game and should do better. Probably not as well as it would do if it did not have always connected and social focus.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • JBAG521JBAG521 Posts: 2,783 Member
    edited January 2013
    Definitely getting both on the same day (March 7th in Australia). I preordered Sim City months ago and I plan on preordering University Life next Tuesday when I get paid.

@lisbeth- youve just made a fantastic point that I hadnt yet thought of :) Although, (hopefully) the mods might be updated by the time I get my game :) In the meantime, Ill definitely be playing Sim City most of the day and studying whilst installing my games and updating :)
  • monaduncanmonaduncan Posts: 952 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Definitely getting both, but I will probably wait until I am bored with Sims Uni to play it (my plan for now of course once I look at it...)
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,375 Member
    edited January 2013
    When the release date of UL was announced, I groaned...what a hit to the budget. :lol: My sister, hubby and I all have plans to play SimCity in our own little region online, 3 copies of SimCity and then UL on top of that. :roll: I may need to take out a small loan. :lol:

But seriously, can't wait. Just need some more time added in the day. :P
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited January 2013
    I will be getting both, Yeah in some aspects the always on feature sucks being you can only play if the internet is working. However, I see more and more companies adopting this path and that is due to tha evolution of high speed of broadband. I have Comcast and get up to 35 Mbps or better and they go down once in a blue moon. Unfortnately, not everybody's situation is the same.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
    edited January 2013
    Joseff wrote:
    maxjor928 wrote:
    Joseff wrote:

EU is 8th, we usually get video game releases on a Friday.

Well, AU gets it on the same date as EU normally, and we're getting it on the 7th...
  • xXBruin_SlayerXxxXBruin_SlayerXx Posts: 1,570 New Member
    edited January 2013
    I most likely get both, i have my doubts about the new SC
  • kitkat9913kitkat9913 Posts: 151 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Is simcity 5 going to be like societies where you place every separate building down?
  • paul94597paul94597 Posts: 195 Member
    edited January 2013
    Pre-ordered both. My only gripe is finding the time to play them both. :)
  • ericbatchelderericbatchelder Posts: 734 Member
    edited January 2013
    I will definitely get UL. That's a given. SC is another story. I was going to automatically preorder it, but then came the bit about always being online to play. I don't like that aspect of it. My internet does go out on occasion (living with the weather in Maine and having Time Warner cable isn't a good combo), but I have a good system set up. My son has a degree in computers. I am not scared about the technical side of this. I just don't like to be told how to play my game. If they brought back The Sims Online, I would buy it, but I would play it when I felt like online and go back to regular Sims when I didn't. I prefer the freedom of playing how I want to, so I have rethought my interest in SC. I will wait until I know all I can know about it before I decide to buy it.
  • gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    edited January 2013
    Already Pre-Order UL..We were going to get Simcity also, but after reading more negative than postive about it..We decided to wait. My fiance and I went to about 50 sites..and there was so much negativity about SimCity that we decided...to wait and see. The online force thing is a big draw back..And the issue with a lot of EA's history with forced online games was the other negativity repeated by so many people we lost count.

But UL ...FTW
  • 3fansforever3fansforever Posts: 1,421 Member
    edited January 2013
    Hell, both.

Im gonna say SimCity will sell more i mean the poor simcity fans (like me) we've waited a decade. hopefully worth the wait.

I must say i was plssed to see them both being released the same date. Just like seasons and black ops 2 (played seasons first), an indecisive person like myself cant decide which to play first.

Im probably going to play UNI first in the moring then stay up all night with Simcity
  • venusdemilosimsvenusdemilosims Posts: 1,918 Member
    edited January 2013
    Not interested in SC5. Defo getting UL.

May catch SC5 when it's on sale, lol.
    jpnbanner2_zpscb7d2475.jpg header_zps436f0053.jpg

• NxyDolliNxyDolli Posts: 269
    edited January 2013
    UL - I have been dying to send my Teens off to Uni ever since TS3 came out (University was one of my favourite EPs for TS2).

I'll pick SC5 up once I have acquired a new computer that will be able to handle SC5 and TS3 + EPs without question (my computer is...struggling, atm :P)
  • alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited January 2013
    For some reason I cannot get any of my old SimCity games to work on my new computer, which is upsetting as I really felt like playing them the other day. :( SimCity 5 looks great, although my internet tends to be a little unstable at times so that's a concern. I'll hold off on it for now, but I'm getting University Life the day it comes out. :D
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited January 2013
    CK213 wrote:
    Joseff wrote:

I would love to have Simcity, but I don't care for that always connected feature, nor do I care for the focus on playing with other players, and the being seduced to play with other players. You know they will try because the point of it all is to have others to play with. The Sims are a big money suck for me anyway. I don't need two money vortices. :lol:

Simcity is a new game and should do better. Probably not as well as it would do if it did not have always connected and social focus.

yea... I was going to get sim city... until the demand for always connected talk... I want to be able to play it with out internet....

so I just be getting Uni
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳