Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is it a glitch?

I have all expansion and stuff packs. Never really had any problems with any of the games so far.
I decided to play a new world (Sunlit Tides) and begin a new Sim.
I decided to have to some fun and make my Sim a vampire. Everything was running smoothly. However, I purchased the vampire elixir (so I would become human. I knew I was eventually going to do this when I made my Sim a vampire. I just wanted to try something a little different for many Sim weeks in game).
When I ask my Sim to drink the elixir, she takes it out of her pocket (her inventory) and just holds it.
She never drinks the exilir and I cannot make her carry out any actions. Just so you know, the game is running fine around her.
I even sold the old exilir and purchased another one at the lab. She does the same thing.

PLEASE HELP!!! I don't want my Sim to be a vampire forever. In the meantime, I have used lifetime reward points to make her impervious to sunlight.
Thanks.

-crs9900

Comments

• Options
    EndOfMyBootEndOfMyBoot Posts: 657 Member
    edited January 2013
    If I understand your post right your trying to use the bottled vampire brew to make your vampire human? this in a potion that turns sims into a vampire not a cure for it. you need the potent cure elixir to cure supernatural condition
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited January 2013
    found this thread re simport interfering with elixir use..not sure if this is applicable or not
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/590516.page

also if not do u use mods...are they updated....if yes to mods try vanilla game with mods folder pulled to see if one them is the problem..
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    If I understand your post right your trying to use the bottled vampire brew to make your vampire human? this in a potion that turns sims into a vampire not a cure for it. you need the potent cure elixir to cure supernatural condition

ohh good point!
  • Options
    crs9900crs9900 Posts: 711 Member
    edited January 2013
    Hello, EndOfMyBoot,

Thanks for the info. I will try this solution tomorrow as it is now 12:48 am.
    Will post again whether or not it worked.

-crs9900
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Okay. So i finally had the chance to find out what I needed for the Potent Cure Elixir.
    I placed an elixir shop in my world and purchased the necessary items.
    I asked my Sim to drink the elixir "herself." She takes the elixir out her pocket (her inventory) and throws it on the floor. You see smoke and, once again, she just stands there.
    As stated previously, the world moves around her; other Sims, pets, weather, etc.
    Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance!

-crs9900

EDIT: I also have the latest patch, but this has been occuring before then.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    ceejay402 wrote:
    found this thread re simport interfering with elixir use..not sure if this is applicable or not
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/590516.page

also if not do u use mods...are they updated....if yes to mods try vanilla game with mods folder pulled to see if one them is the problem..
    crs9900 can u respond to these questions..thanks
  • Options
    NicholasRiddleNicholasRiddle Posts: 8 New Member
    edited January 2013
    As I understood it, the first thing you did was purchase the cure from the science building, corect?

Usually when I do that, my sim stands there for a reeeaaalllly long time, too. But I've found that if I select "drink" on the bottle again while the sim is holding it, and then put my game on ultraspeed, my sim eventually drink it and turn normal.
  • Options
    edited January 2013

NicholasRiddle,
    I will try that next. Thanks.
    But, how long on ultraspeed will it take?

ceejay402,
    I read through the tread. I have never used Simport.
    Also, I have no mods or cc.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Great news! IT WORKS :D

EndOfMyBoot,
    I took your advice and made the Potent Cure Elixir instead of using the bottled vampire brew.

NicholasRiddle,
    I decided to have my Sim smash the elixir on the floor and wait. I had her do this very early in the day.
    I put the game on ultraspeed and it took about six Sim hours before she changed into a human. You could slowly see her needs change from red to green one by one.

Thanks, EndOfMyBoot and NicholasRiddle for helping with my problem.
    Have a great rest of the weekend.