Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Uni officially announced! New screenshots...

2...Next

Comments

• anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited January 2013
    anettesb wrote:
    They said time at home will be the same, so no one will come home to big changes.

And advertising for a roommate will carry over into your worlds, too!

the first part is a little sad... then nobody get older as your away... but guess it makes sense.... would really have loved that I could have university in the home world... but maybe some one figure out a way to make one any way....

I like the roommate thing... not much use as a legacy player... but cool non the less especially when starting over

Yes, I'm quite sad about the subhood thing. Sure, it makes sense but I was really hoping some of my genius teen sims could take uni classes to get ahead. Maybe my single mom could take a night class here or there while raising her children, without leaving home.

that what I wanted aswell...

and a change to keep the legacy family going... but still let some of the kids go to uni...
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • AlyssaIvanovAlyssaIvanov Posts: 63
    edited January 2013
    Oooh, I'm so excited for this! It was my favorite expansion back in the Sims 2 and I was hoping we'd see it here too. I can't wait! Going to pre order for sure. :D
  • monaduncanmonaduncan Posts: 952 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Love it. Very excited about everything revealed. I wonder about the roommates. Are they NPCs? Will you have to invite them to join your family to control them? I hope they answer more questions soon.
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited January 2013
    monaduncan wrote:
    Love it. Very excited about everything revealed. I wonder about the roommates. Are they NPCs? Will you have to invite them to join your family to control them? I hope they answer more questions soon.

I hope hope hope that they NPC's

just as I REALLY hope that some of the items in uni will work for makeing a comunity uni... with no degrees but some lectures.... I can imagen the rest... best be if there was a comunity uni with low degrees... not full that you have to travel for... se that be perfect...

still thats minor details... in the end
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    edited January 2013
    I think I'm more excited for this EP than I was for Seasons. I can't wait - I've already pre-ordered! ROLL ON MARCH 5th.

There's so many fantastic features that add to gameplay and I'm super stoked about the sketch pad and being able to tag/spray paint walls! :mrgreen:
  • Jillyson_Twozaks_1Jillyson_Twozaks_1 Posts: 3,334 New Member
    edited January 2013
    I agree - I'd def choose this over SEA, and I didn't play much UNI in S2. I'm thrilled my artists will now have a sketch pad and can tag wall, and about a million other things I saw! I have to go back and watch again because I missed a little bit, plus the sp stuff at the begining was lost because of the chat glitches.

They said the next chat will be on Valentine's day.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited January 2013
    I'm excited about all the items that can be used to upgrade current worlds -- I'm going to take the Regency Arcade building from the Store and turn it into an upscale bowling alley with bar and disco lounge (using stuff from the 70s/80s/90s pack that I just preordered today because I want the pinball game!), add vending machines to my current gyms and arcades, and convert some of the hangouts to actual coffee bars (such as the Espresso Cafe in Monte Vista). If we can get some programming to generate NPC chefs for the Japanese grill and wood-fired oven from the Store (if used on community lots), I'd be an extremely happy camper. 8)

I'll also look at the dorms and see what needs to be added -- I'll definitely be putting the deep fryer in the kitchens because what Sim doesn't need study munchies like onion fingers or burritos? And I'll most likely make sure to send my Sims off to college with at least the Multi-Tab if I can't give them a full laptop.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • MandylcdMandylcd Posts: 1,713 Member
    edited January 2013
    AznSensei wrote:
    I see a bakery counter, and it does say flirt with the barrista, so we may see that? Plus, it shows the guy serving coffee, rather than "cleaning the counter" unlike the picture we saw in Showtime. :XD: *squeals* (Note: I love going to the coffee shop plenty of times).

No clue if all of the school buildings will be rabbitholes or not, but the classroom is "50/50" whether to be staged or legit. Hopefully it's an actual classroom as depicted. The most I can think of is that the buildings are "shells" and the classrooms are pretty much like the apartments/showtime stages in Late Night/Showtime, which doesn't seem "too" bad. >.<

Table Tennis/Ping Pong Table, with an addition of juice pong? YES!

Vending Machines? YES

Bowling Alley? YES

Addition to the Art Skill? YES

Juice Keg? YES

Comic Book Store? My inner nerd says YES YES YES

I was particularly thrilled to see the bakery/coffee counter as well and anything related to the art/painting skill is exciting to me!! And smart phones and murphy beds-good stuff!!