Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Is The Ultimate Desktop??

Hello everyone first let me apologize if this has been asked before, but I really need opinions on what will be the ultimate desktop to buy to play the sims3 plus existing and future expansion & stuff packs. I don't have a price range or limit since I really what to buy the ultimate gaming desktop, but I need opinios because I am not computer savvy and I don't want to make a mistake.

Thank you in advance for your opinions and your help :)

Comments

• Mpain_13Mpain_13 Posts: 259 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Intel i5 processor or higher. 8 GB of RAM. And here is a link to show which graphics card work with all expansions: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_System_Requirements#Desktop_Graphics_Card_Compatibility_and_Recommendations
  • RBenthienRBenthien Posts: 516 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Intel or AMD processor, I went as a general rule when buying my new computer that I wanted over 3.0ghz, also for the graphics card, 1 to 2 GB of dedicated ram is best.
  • KatiardguezKatiardguez Posts: 640 Member
    edited January 2013
    @ Mpain_13, Thank you for your advice:). The link you gave for some reason is not working for me since it give a message saying "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"

@ RBenthien, Thank you :)
    edited January 2013
    Does anyone else have an opinion or suggestion? :)
  • manwitchmanwitch Posts: 1,372 Member
    edited January 2013
    Go to dell.com then click on the alien ware, then pick the most expensive starter, then update each item to the most expensive one, and you will have the ultimate desk top. (only my opinion) Oh, and this will run you about 10 thousand dollars.
    A Sam Witch is just a Sam Witch ...
  • paul94597paul94597 Posts: 195 Member
    edited January 2013
    How much do you want to spend? :lol:

Intel i5 is plenty for TS3, and the extra $100 you might spend for an i7 may be better saved for future upgrades. Not many games use the features of the i7 chip, though that may change in 2013. I'd recommend an nVidia graphics card like the GTX660Ti or higher - that'll let you run at the highest detail settings across the board with no lag.

If you shop around, you can build an i7 computer that'll run anything you throw at it for about $1,100 (minus monitor).
    edited January 2013
    manwitch wrote:
    Go to dell.com then click on the alien ware, then pick the most expensive starter, then update each item to the most expensive one, and you will have the ultimate desk top. (only my opinion) Oh, and this will run you about 10 thousand dollars.

Thank you for your advice, but is from my experience that just because one person buys the most expensive item doesnt make the best or the ultimate and as I said before money is not an issue for me. Once again thank you I will have your advice on my mind :)
    edited January 2013
    paul94597 wrote:
    How much do you want to spend? :lol:

Intel i5 is plenty for TS3, and the extra $100 you might spend for an i7 may be better saved for future upgrades. Not many games use the features of the i7 chip, though that may change in 2013. I'd recommend an nVidia graphics card like the GTX660Ti or higher - that'll let you run at the highest detail settings across the board with no lag.

If you shop around, you can build an i7 computer that'll run anything you throw at it for about $1,100 (minus monitor).

Thank you Paul for your advice. This is very helpful to me since I am not computer savvy. With all the suggestions and advice I received so far will help buy the best computer to be able to play the sims3 with no problems. Thanx :)
  • Mpain_13Mpain_13 Posts: 259 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Sorry about the link, it used to work.
    edited January 2013
    manwitch wrote:

Thank you for your advice, but is from my experience that just because one person buys the most expensive item doesnt make the best or the ultimate and as I said before money is not an issue for me. Once again thank you I will have your advice on my mind :)

I am going to reiterate, Alienware is ,in my opinion the best, So if you go and pick THIER idea of the best (which is the most expensive options) you will wind up with, my opinion, of the ultimate desk top. Which is what you asked for.... I certainly didn't intend to rile you up. And saying thank you doesn't make your reply any less harsh. again just my opinion. I promise I won't bother you anymore. :mrgreen:
    edited January 2013
    Mpain_13 wrote:
    Sorry about the link, it used to work.
    It's ok, you tried to help :)
  • Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    edited January 2013
    Go with an i7 chip 2 graphics cards in an SLI set up 16GB RAM and at least a Terabyte hard drive . That will save you from having to make any major upgrades in the near future
    edited January 2013
    manwitch wrote:
    manwitch wrote:

I am going to reiterate, Alienware is ,in my opinion the best, So if you go and pick THIER idea of the best (which is the most expensive options) you will wind up with, my opinion, of the ultimate desk top. Which is what you asked for.... I certainly didn't intend to rile you up. And saying thank you doesn't make your reply any less harsh. again just my opinion. I promise I won't bother you anymore. :mrgreen:

I am so sorry if I offended you or sounded harsh, it wasnt my intention at all. I didnt want to sound rude, I apologize if I sounded ungrateful because on the contrary I am thankful to you and everyone who has given me suggestions and opinion. It just for me and my luck on buying the most expensive thing almost every time end up with the wrong product, honestly there should a book on how to buy a computer for dummies :) Anyways I just want to say Im sorry and hope you can forgive me :?:
    edited January 2013
    Go with an i7 chip 2 graphics cards in an SLI set up 16GB RAM and at least a Terabyte hard drive . That will save you from having to make any major upgrades in the near future

Thank you :)
    edited January 2013
    There is no reason to forgive I wasn't offended. I just thought you made it clear you weren't interested in my opinion, which is fine. You should go to the dell site though and poke around. It gives you alot of options to look through and it has "recommended" upgrades and you can even live chat with them and tell them what games you play and what you are looking for and they will help you alot. you won't be obligated to buy anything, just a good place to get familiar with all the things you will need to consider. And along the way you might just find your idea of the ultimate desk top. :mrgreen:
    edited January 2013
    manwitch wrote:
    There is no reason to forgive I wasn't offended. I just thought you made it clear you weren't interested in my opinion, which is fine. You should go to the dell site though and poke around. It gives you alot of options to look through and it has "recommended" upgrades and you can even live chat with them and tell them what games you play and what you are looking for and they will help you alot. you won't be obligated to buy anything, just a good place to get familiar with all the things you will need to consider. And along the way you might just find your idea of the ultimate desk top. :mrgreen:

Thank you so much, I definitely will try that and thank you again. It's a little bit late but "Happy New Year" :)
  • thelawtmanthelawtman Posts: 1,424 Member
    edited January 2013
    This is what I have and I can play any game on max settings with no issues
    http://www.slashgear.com/acer-predator-ag5900-review-17108360/
    Could it possibly get uglier? I used to be a highly respected watcher, and now I'm a wounded dwarf with the mystical strength of a doily. I just wish I could sleep. - Rupert Giles

lpOEB4y.gif MeEUgvO.gif
    edited January 2013
    Aww! Happy new year to you too! And I DO apologize if I came across as offended or mad or anything. I didn't intend for it. I just didn't want to force my input on you if you didn't want it.I hope your new year is the best one ever! And have a GREAT wekend too! :mrgreen:
    edited January 2013
    @ thelawtman, thank you :)

@ manwitch, thank you once again and I hope you have a nice weekend and that this year will be the greatest for you :)
    ohh before I forget, thank you for being so understanding and kind :)