Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NO TARYN - NO MORE POSTS

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,561 Member
    edited February 2013
    Your WIP looks good and i like the exterior design of the dormitory. Great way you are doing the area in front of the building too. :)
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited February 2013
    A dormitory! :D That looks great! Very realistic! :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • will2586will2586 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited February 2013
    Rose - Thank you!! I updated the outdoor area in the back, as you'll see in the pics below. ^_^

Yanti - Thanks! :D

And, now only a day after the first post, the dormitory is uploaded!

cover-8_zps0a26c7a0.jpg
    (Click Picture for Download)

[Slideshow]

~Will
    edited February 2013
    Great dormitory build :) Great work in all that you have done in the outside with the pool, soccer, basketball, it looks good. Good work with how you have furnished the interior too. It looks spacious/not cramped for the Sims uni students. Great build for the new EP.!
  • TarynTempestwindTarynTempestwind Posts: 4,438 Member
    edited February 2013
    WILL!,!

I Truely love your dorm! Fun areas and study areas and CLEAN! . I wish my daughter had your dorm!

Rec'd!

T
  • BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    edited February 2013
    Nice Job Will ... Looks Great!

KWIJLEN.gif

Now all you need is someone to come float a couple of kegs,
    set the couch on fire,
    conduct weird experiments in the basement,
    build a goat pen upstairs ...

You Know, the Normal Stuff.

ec0681c1ac4d53e235c487fe5ae969a2-1.gif

Just Kidding and It Does Look Good.

BlackSand

likeff_girl.gif
    I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • walkingstickwalkingstick Posts: 4,637 Member
    edited February 2013
    Great builds. Love the colours of Citrus Breeze and your dorms look really authentic. Rec'd.
    edited February 2013
    WOW! You are a fast builder Will! :D Great job with the dormitory! I like the structure and the landscaping. Very realistic. Left you a well deserved recommendation. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    edited February 2013
    Rose - Thanks! I really tried to make it so I could relive my old Sims 2 University memories in the dorms! :D

Taryn - TARYN!! It is clean, maybe too clean. :lol: I should really try to add some clutter to my builds sometimes, it probably would have helped make this build more authentic. :wink:

BlackSand - Haha, thanks! Don't forget the streaking, there's always that one sim... :lol:

walkingstick - Thank you! I'm glad the colors work! ^_^

Yanti - I know, sometimes it's not great being this fast a builder. Thanks though! Especially for the rec! :mrgreen:

And another update on Stowe:
    Screenshot_zpsa08bd57c.jpg

Screenshot-2_zpsee04fa17.jpg

Screenshot-3_zpsad121eea.jpg

Screenshot-4_zpsd7d41277.jpg

Screenshot-5_zps108b77fc.jpg

Screenshot-6_zps1e99a7ff.jpg

Screenshot-7_zps77ee032d.jpg

~Will
    edited February 2013
    Your landscaping work looks good. The pool area is very nice, and i like the way you have done rhe kitchen and the colours there. Going great :)
  • crs9900crs9900 Posts: 711 Member
    edited February 2013
    Lovely kitchen.
    Simple, yet so nice.
  • DataHeadDataHead Posts: 1,098 Member
    edited February 2013
    Love the landscaping on this one! Very nice job. I also like the contemporary design seen throughout the rest of the house! And what do you mean sometimes it's not so good being a fast builder? That's one of the things that makes you SO GOOD! While a lot of simmers can create quality homes and lots, YOU can do it at 4x the speed of everyone else!

-DH
  • CLM1227CLM1227 Posts: 517 New Member
    edited February 2013
    The landscaping looks so much like home. Its great. I really loved the put-put range :)
    edited February 2013
    Rose - Thank you for the wonderful comments as always! ^_^

crs9900 - Hi, thank you for the comment! :D

DH - Thank you DH! I love your comment! About the fast builder thing, I just think that sometimes, I'll go back into a house after it's uploaded, and find oh so many things that I missed. Most of the time, it's a backsplash in the kitchen. But I'm giving Stowe some time to progress and I think that's why I like it so much, and that the landscaping is my best. Thank you again, I'm happy you think so! :mrgreen: I love your new avatar by the way! :D

CLM1227 - Sorry I missed your post! Thanks, the landscaping is probably my favorite in this home. :wink:

~Will
  • OilbasedoleanderOilbasedoleander Posts: 2,967 Member
    edited February 2013
    What awesome dorms!! I'm very excited about the new expansion and seeing this build gets me pumped :D great work Hun! Good to see your builds again.
  • BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    edited February 2013
    Nice Update on the Stowe ...
    Although I am not too sure what Mama is going to think about a soccerball tearing up her Lavender.

Looks Nice Though ...

KNIPOGEN2.gif
    will2586 wrote:
    BlackSand - Haha, thanks! Don't forget the streaking, there's always that one sim... :lol:

~Will

And You Say That Like it Is a Bad Thing ...

BlackSand

what1.gif
    I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • WildeatheartWildeatheart Posts: 1,785 Member
    edited February 2013
    Really cute, I especially love how the landscaping is coming along! :D

Will definitely follow this! :thumbup:
    tumblr_static_b95t53zz25sskgcso8s48cksw.jpg
  • k2m1took2m1too Posts: 3,128 Member
    edited February 2013
    Hey Will! I can't give much suggestion on the landscaping. It's not really my strong suite and what you have looks pretty good to me!

As for your kitchen, you have 2 sinks and they are different style. Not sure you need 2 sinks in a kitchen, but if you do, I would imagine they would be similar in style. I'd probably also tone down the countertops so they didn't glow quite so bad. As much as they are glowing, even if you make them dark grey, they will still look light grey. Otherwise, looking good!
    edited February 2013
    I should have an update up soon, as I've finished the first floor, but just as I was about to take photos, my game froze. Luckily, I saved just before. :wink:

Oil - Your back? Thanks for the compliment! I'm honestly so happy your back and you like the dorms! *Hugs*

BlackSand - Well, we'll see if the house can get her over that. :wink: The streaking is not a bad thing at all, it's probably one of the funniest aspects of my sims... now that doesn't sound right. :lol:

Wilde - Thank you! I'm glad I have some followers! :D

k2m1too - Before I respond, is there a nickname I can call you? It'd be so much easier to type! And onto the response, I changed the landscaping a little from the last update, and I think it's a little less sloppy, because I put together some parts quickly. The countertops have always annoyed me with the lights, either I'll tone down the stone, or dim the lights around the counters. I think I already dimmed some, just not all. Thanks! :mrgreen:

~Will
    edited February 2013
    First Floor done, 1 more to go, Update time!

Screenshot_zps677cb5f8.jpg

Screenshot-2_zps0c676cae.jpg

Screenshot-3_zpsde2d99c5.jpg

Screenshot-4_zpsbbb30c51.jpg

Screenshot-5_zps2bf8f95f.jpg

Screenshot-6_zps522d72c2.jpg

Screenshot-7_zpsa82bdb08.jpg

Screenshot-8_zps10b77b99.jpg

Screenshot-9_zps5de1b2f5.jpg

Screenshot-10_zps68d5f2e1.jpg

Screenshot-11_zps2d2db151.jpg

Screenshot-12_zps3679b407.jpg

Screenshot-13_zps4712f7aa.jpg

Screenshot-14_zps6ecace96.jpg

Screenshot-15_zpsbc94ce17.jpg

Screenshot-16_zps27651923.jpg

Screenshot-17_zps4740ad06.jpg

Screenshot-18_zps570f689e.jpg

Screenshot-19_zps49c7a709.jpg

~Will
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited February 2013
    NOTICE: For now, slideshows are broken with the new photobucket. I'm thinking of switching to a different photo sharing website. Does anyone know of any good ones, where I can still have separate albums?

~Will
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • crs9900crs9900 Posts: 711 Member
    edited February 2013
    Nice!
    So far, so good.
    Look forward to downloading :D
    edited February 2013
    Great mega uppdate! :) Good to see that you have finished the first floor and now the next floor to do. I like how you have done this floor, and now will look forward to seeing your progress on the next floor. Enjoy your furnishing of it! :)
    edited February 2013
    Lovely updates. :D I just love the architecture and the roofline. The garden looks so natural. Love the pool area. Nice shape. Inside, that kitchen is my favourite room. Looks compact and well organised. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    edited February 2013
    crs9900 - Thank you! :D

Rose - Aww, thank you Rose! I really hope you like the next floor, and that I like it too! :lol:

Yanti - Yay! I'm really happy you like it! I really think the landscaping was my best on this one! I'm glad you like the kitchen as well! :mrgreen:

~Will