Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Fairy and Witch Sims Have Vampire Moodlets.

Hello! I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right place, so if I'm mistaken, please just point me in the right direction!

I just recently got the Supernatural expansion pack, and I already had Late Night and Pets installed. Two of my Sims were vampires, and since I had so many more options for supernatural Sims with the new expansion pack, I wanted them to be something different. Long story short, I had one vampire Sim change into a fairy and the other change into a witch.

The first problem I ran into was that whenever I tried to use the vampirism cure obtained by the science center, the Sim would freeze with the bottle in their hand and do the normal fidgeting movements. I tried to reset them and try again, but it never worked. I eventually just gave up and ended up just using the elixirs to turn Sims into fairies and witches, respectively, on each vampire Sim. The good news is that it worked; both have turned just fine. However, each are still displaying vampire traits. They still get the "Vampiric Vigor" moodlet at night. Their hunger bar is still "Thirst". They also still have the ability to hunt and read the minds of other Sims, as well as the appearance of vampires.

1osn5f.jpg

The second problem I've noticed that the hunger/thirst moodlet is frozen, but it unfreezes at random for a split second. Right now, it's stuck on completely empty, but there is no mood affect, and they honestly should be dead right now but they're not, so I'm very confused.

5v19jn.png

Any thoughts?

Comments

• AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited December 2012
    In the world that you are playing, is the Science lab part of a combined rabbit hole? There have been issues with opportunities not working in combined rabbit holes and maybe this is linked to that issue.

Maybe you should try to use Potent Cure elixirs on your Sims to clear their Supernatural status, then turn them again.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • x3Astrophelx3Astrophel Posts: 11 New Member
    edited December 2012
    Yeah, I'm playing in Bridgeport right now, so the science center is a rabbit hole. I'll try the Potent Cure elixirs, and let you know what happens. Thank you! :D
  • TheFairyBugTheFairyBug Posts: 2,925 New Member
    edited December 2012
    POST THEM TO THE EXCHANGE BEFORE YOU CURE THEM!!!
  • TheFairyBugTheFairyBug Posts: 2,925 New Member
    edited December 2012
    Sorry for the all-caps shouting, but those are hybirds and I wanted to make sure you saw that before you altered them! I would love to play with them -- would you consider sharing them, please? I adore hybrids and miss them from The Sims 2, but they're mostly disabled for Sims 3. But, every now and then, something wonderful like this happens, and we can have hybrids once more!
  • Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    edited December 2012

^ THIS ^

:lol: OP, can't believe you'd want to "fix" that 'issue'. So unique and special, a semi hybrid and coolist.

Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg
    edited December 2012
    Don't get me wrong, it's very cool. But it's causing problems with sticking hunger meters and all of that. :\ Currently my Sims are stuck starving and I can't fix it no matter how much they eat. It seems so cruel.

Edit: I don't think they'll upload to the Exchange as hybrids because when I go to CAS, they're normal.
    edited December 2012
    Don't get me wrong, it's very cool. But it's causing problems with sticking hunger meters and all of that. :\ Currently my Sims are stuck starving and I can't fix it no matter how much they eat. It seems so cruel.

Edit: I don't think they'll upload to the Exchange as hybrids because when I go to CAS, they're normal.

They are thirsty, PLASMA JUICE!
    That's how the vamp feeds, at least try it
    JrTlDGw.jpg
    edited December 2012
    I tried that. :\ They no longer have the option to drink plasma juice from the fridge. Although, I haven't tried plasma fruit...
    edited December 2012
    I tried that. :\ They no longer have the option to drink plasma juice from the fridge. Although, I haven't tried plasma fruit...

OH, that sucks.. The game is such a tease-- at times it seems.
    One of the coolest glitches but the game makes it impossible to enjoy....
    JrTlDGw.jpg
    edited December 2012
    The most recent development is that neither Sim can level up any skill. This is getting a little more irritating, haha.
  • itsjulieitsjulie Posts: 2,890 Member
    edited December 2012

:lol: yeah that was my first thought too

DONT FIX THEM

I love hybrids and they seem to be half and half even with thier glitches
    tcbforum.gif

100 Little Weeds - 100 baby challenge

• Julia9737Julia9737 Posts: 14 New Member
    edited December 2012
    Try doing "testingcheatsenabled true" and then putting their thirst/hunger up.
    edited December 2012
    When I try that, the bar won't move. :(
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited December 2012
    Update: I tried to use Potent Cures on my Sims and then make them a fairy and a witch again, but it didn't work. I guess I'm stuck with the hybrid Sims. I gave both Sims the Hardly Hungry reward, which seems to have helped, but the fairy Sim still can't move forward in any skill. I guess that's just something I'll have to live with.
  • missmoon2004missmoon2004 Posts: 2
    edited January 2013
    I have this same problem! I turned her into a vampire via the cas but then i had her forsake the vampire and used a blessing of the fae potion to be a fairy. It is really cool having her as vampire/fairy hybrid but I don't want her to starve to death!
    I made my vampire husband take out plasma juice and set it down and had my hybrid drink it but she just got nauseated and it didn't replenish her thirst. I can still read minds but i can't drink blood from anyone and when i hover over hunt it says there are no targets here or something of the sorts.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    [img][/img]
    edited January 2013
    I have this same problem! I turned her into a vampire via the cas but then i had her forsake the vampire and used a blessing of the fae potion to be a fairy. It is really cool having her as vampire/fairy hybrid but I don't want her to starve to death!
    I made my vampire husband take out plasma juice and set it down and had my hybrid drink it but she just got nauseated and it didn't replenish her thirst. I can still read minds but i can't drink blood from anyone and when i hover over hunt it says there are no targets here or something of the sorts.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    [img][/img]

You know what that 'Nauseated' bit means? The game doesn't recognize her as a Vampire, I know this only cause I once had my Witch sim drink this Plasma Juice (Bonehilda pulled and put on the floor, as some Bonehildas seem to like to do) and after got nauseated.
    Don't make sense seeing as it's just blood but whatever.
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • missmoon2004missmoon2004 Posts: 2
    edited January 2013
    Kilov17 wrote:
    screenshot_original.jpg
    [img][/img]

You know what that 'Nauseated' bit means? The game doesn't recognize her as a Vampire, I know this only cause I once had my Witch sim drink this Plasma Juice (Bonehilda pulled and put on the floor, as some Bonehildas seem to like to do) and after got nauseated.
    Don't make sense seeing as it's just blood but whatever.

Yeah that's what i figured. When I enter the CAS she looks like a normal fairy, but when i'm playing the game she looks like a vampire but with fairy wings. If I upload her to the exchange do you think she would still be a vampire/fairy?
  • GoldDawnGoldDawn Posts: 1 New Member
    so I know this was ages ago, but I came across this and wanted to drop some knowledge. It makes perfect sense for someone to get nauseated when drinking blood, actually irl it could be way worse. the human body can not properly digest blood and it is REALLY bad for your body. just a bit can cause a stomach ache, nausea, and vomiting. drinking a lot of it can cause a condition called hemochromatosis which is a surplus of iron and can lead to the shutting down of multiple organs