Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

AwesomeMod vs. Nraas Mod

13...Next

Comments

• Sara2573Sara2573 Posts: 295 Member
    edited June 2013
    Okay, I gave up on reading all of this but decided to share.

I'm new to mods and I always heard about Twallan's mods, so of course, I tried his mods first. I love how there is the base-mod and then add-on stuff. He also puts down a page for issues and a page for things in the mod. I found this quite helpful when choosing what mods to put in my game. I looked at some of the issues people had and as someone (rktr) said before:

The meanest thing I've ever seen Twallan do is leave off a smiley face at the end of one of his replies. :P

I might try AwesomeMod someday, but I'm happy with Twallan's mods.

Another thing: Someone mentioned that the Sims 3 community was full of people trying to be superior to everyone else.

I love the Sims 3 community. I've gotten more help on the forums than I've ever gotten from EA Support. I've met some really kind people on here and they are amazing. Sure, there are people who want to be superior to everyone else. What community doesn't have those people? That doesn't mean the whole community is like that.
  • GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited June 2013
    Deshong04 wrote:
    Long story short:

I want to change the familial relationship of my family because my family tree got messed up. Grandson to Son, Half-Brother/Sister to Brother/Sister, etc.

I thought NRass does this but all I see is: Friends, BFF, Romantic Interest, etc.

So can what I want be done with NRass? And if not is there a MOD that has just that feature alone?

You need to go into 'Family' rather than 'Relationships'. I think it's under the advanced tab. Here you can add or remove parents and siblings.
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited February 2015
    Post edited by GreenCats on
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited June 2013
    gcgrad wrote:
    Deshong04 wrote:
    Long story short:

I want to change the familial relationship of my family because my family tree got messed up. Grandson to Son, Half-Brother/Sister to Brother/Sister, etc.

I thought NRass does this but all I see is: Friends, BFF, Romantic Interest, etc.

So can what I want be done with NRass? And if not is there a MOD that has just that feature alone?

In order to do that with Twallan's (NRaas Industries) mods, you have to have both MasterController (base-mod) and MasterController Cheats (additional module) installed. Interactions are listed here: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/MasterController+Interactions

In-game you click on the sim: NRAAS: MasterController: Advanced: Family... From there you have the options to Add Child, Add Parent, Add Sibling, Remove Child, Remove Parent, and Remove Sibling. You may have to do this to a good portion (if not all) of the family affected by the mixed-up family tree.
    GreenCats wrote:
    Deshong04 wrote:
    Long story short:

You need to go into 'Family' rather than 'Relationships'. I think it's under the advanced tab. Here you can add or remove parents and siblings.

Thank You both very much! :mrgreen:

Took me a little bit of tweaking to get the relationships right and I'm so happy now, however maybe it's just me but I personally would find it easier if it were possible to list all familial relationships the game recognizes and then apply to said sim(s). Or better yet if regardless of familial connection the game recognizes what interactions are appropriate so then players could just assign a familial connection to any sim and then type in the family connection themselves such as Great great grandmother. I don't know but I really want TS4 to have that feature in base game. Don't care if it's a cheat or in-game feature, as long as it's in there.
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Meganne79Meganne79 Posts: 270 Member
    edited June 2013
    I'm grateful to Pescado, his mod allowed me to play SIMS 3 without feeling like I just wanted to bang my head against the wall. For quite a while, I wouldn't play unless I'd his core mod installed. Afterwards I added Twallan's mods. They were easy to configure and the support was excellent.
    For several months I was too busy to play and, upon my return to the "addiction", I found out that Twallan's mods became more and more sophisticated and cover every aspect of the game that I would want to modify. Furthermore Twallan and his community keep being very helpful. Unfortunately MATY's "support" "progressed" on the opposite direction.
    So, even if I feel a bit uncomfortable about giving up on the "safety net" that Pescado provided for several years, I'm now using only Twallan's mods.
  • KorosedaeKorosedae Posts: 1 New Member
    I did prefer the ease of use with NRaas, but it caused a lot of issues in my game. Weird things happening I didn't know how to fix. I'm using awesomemod right now, but I miss the UI of Twallan's mods.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Korosedae wrote: »
    I did prefer the ease of use with NRaas, but it caused a lot of issues in my game. Weird things happening I didn't know how to fix. I'm using awesomemod right now, but I miss the UI of Twallan's mods.
    I'm sorry that you had trouble with our mods. But did you come to our site for support and assistance? Our message boards are very friendly, and both players and the mod developers hang out there.
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/page/messages/Chatterbox (free registration required to post)

Awesome has a support forum as well, but their support philosophy especially for new users is a little...let's just say different. Also, all of our mods are well documented each with FAQ and comprehensive Interactions pages, except of course for those that have no actual interactions and just perform their function silently.

It is also possible to use NRaas mods and Awesome at the same time, though of course only one type of story progression can be active and some NRaas mods need special handling or should be avoided when using both as they would be duplicative. I played this way for over a year and it worked fine, but wouldn't recommend using both for beginners either. As far as story progression is concerned, I much prefer the NRaas approach though others have differing opinions.
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Awesome
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I use NRaas Mods including story progression because the EA version is just a horrible bug-fest and glitches out games on so many of us.I used to play Mod-free and found I couldn't even play without Mods.I've got my Mods folder stuffed with 75 NRaas Mod files and my game works the way it should've worked right from the start.I had been trying to decide which way I should go when I was having my issues with the game and went with NRaas Mods.I can install and update these in my sleep though I wouldn't want to because I want to make sure to delete old versions when updating to new ones.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg