Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SUGGESTION - Film Career in Movie Theater Rabbit Holes PLEASE

mikitta47mikitta47 Posts: 2,250 New Member
Would EA please PLEASE update existing rabbit holes in a universal patch that allows sims to get a FILM career at the theater, or the MUSIC career at the Film Studio?

God Bless,
mik

Comments

• Options
    PretodaPretoda Posts: 1,533 New Member
    edited December 2012
    If you have Late Night there is a Movie Studio set. You can even place it in any world and it's a rabbit hole.
  • Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited December 2012
    Honestly, I like Mikitta's suggestion better than the rabbit hole we currently have. It always has to be relatively huge, which creates problems if the world you're using doesn't have lots big enough left for it.
  • Options
    NaeRayNaeRay Posts: 297 New Member
    edited December 2012
    mikitta47 wrote:
    Would EA please PLEASE update existing rabbit holes in a universal patch that allows sims to get a FILM career at the theater, or the MUSIC career at the Film Studio?

God Bless,
    mik
    I agree, I can never have the film career in any world but bridgeport!
  • Options
    atomic_roseatomic_rose Posts: 790 Member
    edited December 2012
    I'm going to agree with this. The Plumbob Pictures lot is huge and doesn't fit anywhere. I'd like if they could just add it to the existing theatres in town like the OP suggested. Because then I don't have to worry about moving stuff around and making room for yet another building in my town.
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited December 2012
    I know they probably wont bother, but I'd like a re-designed film studio.

Another dream is for uni to have an open theatre as a kind of stage school.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited December 2012
    There's a smaller Plumbbob Pictures lot that in Community Objects in Build Mode if you have LN installed -- I think it's only a 30x30. Put it on a lot, do some landscaping and decorations, set it as No Visitors Allowed and it works just like the huge lot. (You can do the same with the military bases, or use one of the town halls that's a combined rabbit hole.)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    ValandisValandis Posts: 2,008 Member
    edited December 2012

Like in TSM when they could get on that small stage and perform? :D That would be... amazing!!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited December 2012
    Valandis wrote:

Like in TSM when they could get on that small stage and perform? :D That would be... amazing!!! :mrgreen:

Yes... I'm thinking:

* Classics like Shakespeare and Sophocles (I want my writers to write plays)

* Musicals (the cheesier the better)

* Stand-up comedy

* Performance careers

* Bands

AND...

* A young modern take, sort of 'High School Musical', 'Glee', 'Hannah Montana' inspired theme.

:D

So it would need to be on a much bigger scale than the TSM stage, sort of more like a performance venue but not a shell.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    edited December 2012
    Valandis wrote:

Yes... I'm thinking:

* Classics like Shakespeare and Sophocles (I want my writers to write plays)

* Musicals (the cheesier the better)

* Stand-up comedy

* Performance careers

* Bands

AND...

* A young modern take, sort of 'High School Musical', 'Glee', 'Hannah Montana' inspired theme.

:D

So it would need to be on a much bigger scale than the TSM stage, sort of more like a performance venue but not a shell.

or a holiday pantiome to go w/ Seasons EP? (note: this would only happen during Winter) I'm just surprised that there is no "Simella" or "Sim White" stories in the sims' world when we have references to "Harry Potter" and the Dr.Sessus series
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    mikitta47mikitta47 Posts: 2,250 New Member
    edited December 2012
    I am well aware of the Plumbob Pictures Backlot lot and building. What I want to see is the option of NOT having to place that on a lot I would rather use for something else. It is reasonable to place the film careers into the movie theater. It is also reasonable to place the music careers into Plumbob.

Honestly, at this stage of the game, I wish they would give us the ability to click on a building and add rabbithole designators - so we could have everything based out of, say, the business building. Real Estate is at a huge premium and at this point in the game, you can NOT have everything in one town at all. Until EA allows us to visit sub hoods for going out on the town (ie like we did in Night Life in TS2 - where we can choose to live there too or just visit for an evening), we are stuck with too few lots and too many things to put on them.

God Bless,
    mik