Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Legacy Lots - why are they 64x64?

Hello,
I do have 1 64x64 lot zoned residential for players to use as a Legacy lot in the world I am working on, but why are they usually 64x64 and should it be a starter price or what? What elements should it have?

Comments

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited December 2012
    Pinstar who made the Legacy rules said it had to be the largest offered lot in a Sims game, so in sims 3 that has to be a 64 x 64 but also it must be priced higher than the actual 8,000 plus Simoleon price so a starting sim only has 1800 simoleons to start off with. But that lot has to be big enough to accommendate 10 generations of sims and their deceased generations all on that one lot. Where sims start out with 16,500 simoleons the lot needs to be priced 14, 700 simoleons to be the actual price required to do the actual Pinstar Legacy according to Pinstars rules.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• computertech82computertech82 Posts: 2,847 Member
    edited December 2012
    Legacy Lots comes in different sizes in different worlds. Matter what the maker of the world created/added.
    tron_zps9rppf9ua.jpg
  • Sneakfeline0Sneakfeline0 Posts: 1,235 Member
    edited December 2012

Thanks Writin_Reg, I will definately have to put a different house on it :D

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited December 2012
    Type Google for Pinstar Legacy Rules for Sims 3 and you can see how to officially do it. It takes a long time to "build" the house part and you need to time everything cagely when there is weather in the picture to make sure the sim has a roof over their head before it gets too cold. hehehe

But you can find the actual rules and how the house can be built if you follow an actual real legacy. I like to, it's a lot of fun watching my sim throw tantrums over different things. I laugh a lot, so I stick hard to every rule and don't cheat AT all - otherwise it is no fun.

I also allow each generation to add their own building section to the lot - even though you don't have to, that way only the last three Generations have it on easy street. hehehe But it is still funny as living with all those ghosts on the lot often make for a lot of surprises.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....