Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Worst Graduation Day EVER? rofl

Woot! Graduation Day!

BUT

Dad was at the fountain of youth trying to get an extension on his life. Eventually he arrived home rejuvenated, leapt into the cab with the rest of the family and away they all went.

Granny, Great Granny, Mum, Dad, little brother and toddler sister. (I had been playing with ageing off for weeks, and when I restarted it everyone got old at the same time.....)

Why is it every time one of my sims graduates there is a starving, exhausted toddler screaming their head off throughout the ceremony? That was not the worst, however.

Just before the graduation reached its grande finale there came a familiar doom laden sound. Great Granny turned grey, began to float, there was a crash of thunder and Grim Reaper arrived. Within minutes all that was left of Great Granny was a grave stone, and a very very unhappy toddler sitting on the pavement screaming her head off.

The doors began to open when - again with the familiar sound of doom. Granny also turned grey and ghostly, the reaper returned, did his stuff, and lo, there were TWO gravestones outside City Hall.

The graduate emerged, collected the gravestones, Mum collected the screaming and by now filthy toddler and changed her diaper, and they all went home wailing loudly over the deaths. Some graduation day.

Incidentally - what music do you hear in the US when your sim graduates? I am in the UK, and the background music playing during the graduation ceremony is "Land of Hope and Glory" something I'm sure that is not played in the US or any other country where sims are graduating.

Comments

• wayusawayusa Posts: 300
    edited December 2012
    HAHAHA wow that sounds like a nightmare. I hate how enabling/disabling age seems to age them anyway no matter what? I just disabled it and my sim became a mature adult out of no where. Didn't save /:
  • vonHentzauvonHentzau Posts: 419 Member
    edited December 2012
    I don't know, Hawkflight, here the usual graduation song in schools is "Pomp and Circumstance," but I think it's the same tune (Elgar). No one sings words to it. I haven't had any grad sims yet, so I'm not 100%.

Makes you wonder how that got to be the #1 graduation pick, with so many stately marches in existence?

And for all of the tragedy of your Sims' special day...it's FUNNY! :-o
  • DeandylanDeandylan Posts: 496 Member
    edited December 2012
    One of my sims graduated and when she got home, she and her dad died of starvation. But Grim gave her a second chance. I feel your pain.
  • hellojoe777hellojoe777 Posts: 54 New Member
    edited December 2012
    LOL one of the many reasons this game is awesome
  • izzie1999izzie1999 Posts: 4
    edited December 2012
    wow...thats weird?
  • TheFairyBugTheFairyBug Posts: 2,925 New Member
    edited December 2012
    There's only one emote for this: :twisted:
  • NightsRiverNightsRiver Posts: 91 New Member
    edited December 2012
    Well that's just dandy. xD
  • icouldntfindanameicouldntfindaname Posts: 2,228 Member
    edited December 2012
    :lol::lol:
  • ernesdoernesdo Posts: 1,476 Member
    edited December 2012
    and I thought in my game the graduating boy's mother going into labor on his special day was bad. :lol: That must have been horrible.
  • shideh357shideh357 Posts: 866 New Member
    edited December 2012
    I'm playing an Adam & Eve legacy challenge. Well, since there are no other sims in the neighborhood aside from service sims, paparazzis and miscellaneous NPC townies, sims will get old but never die. I get tons of notifications telling me they are getting old but never tells me they die. Then what happens?

Well, the game waits for me to throw a party, has all the elderly NPCs show up and die. Last party I threw, three sims died!

Aging is weird in the Sims 3...