Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SIMS 3 Unknown error occured?

Hi all, I'm very disappointed in my sims 3 game right now. I've had to uninstall and reinstall sims3 4 times! All because of a little popup saying "unknown error occured" and I cant even open the launcher. When I install it again, it opens the launcher fine but asks me if I want to update my game, so I say yes and it repeats itself again with the error. Also, if I dont update the game, randomly during when I play, it will say there was a bug and If I wish to decode it. No matter what I say, yes or no, it quits the sims 3 game and dosent save and I have to reinstall it. :( its really getting on my nerves, I need help! :evil: :(

Comments

• NichaedemusNichaedemus Posts: 16,905 Member
    edited December 2012
    Hi,

As a test, you can try temporarily removing your player data files before relaunching the game. To do so, use Finder and navigate to the following location:

/Users/<Username>/Documents/Electronic Arts

Now move (not copy) the folder named The Sims 3 to your desktop. Attempt to run the game.
    When you need help with The Sims 3 or The Sims 4, be sure to check out the Master Help Thread today!
  • SweetMaria16SweetMaria16 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited October 2018
    hello i need help i installed eps for the sims 3 song went and tried to launch my game and it something something do you wish you debug it so i confused and i looked up vids to fix it not one of them worked so i deleted the packs the packs were Pets and late night and Late Night seemed to be most of peoples problems so tried some more again none of them worked I need help plzz.

[CM Edit: removed allcaps and some content that wasn't appropriate]
    Post edited by EA_David on
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    Hi, @SweetMaria16 and I'm sorry you're having such trouble. Installing The Sims 3 on a mac requires some extra work these days, especially if Late Night is one of your packs. But I can walk you through it, if you want. You might prefer to have a parent help you, as it's important that you follow the instructions exactly. Or I can take you through the steps. Just let me know.

At this point, the most important thing to do is to completely uninstall the game and start from scratch. You can find instructions on how to do so below. It really is critical that you remove all of the hidden library files, or else you're not going to be able to launch the game.

https://bluebellflora.com/how-to-do-a-clean-uninstall-and-reinstall-on-a-mac/

This guide covers everything you need to know about installing TS3 on a mac:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-3-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/6984929#M13578

Again, if you'd like some help, that's fine. Just list the expansion and stuff packs you want to install, and list the specifications of your computer, as described in this thread:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-3-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4756624#M4

(This information is important too because depending on your model of mac, you may need to take a couple of extra steps.)
  • th3sims12th3sims12 Posts: 11 New Member
    I have tried installing just the base game because for the past two years I haven't been able to play the Sims 3 at all. I had to uninstall two years ago and ever since, I've never been able to install it again. Again, I have tried installing all the expansions and I have tired just the base game. I've received the error: The Sims 3 Unknown error occurred way too many times to count. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, removed all Sims files from my computer and nothing works. I use an iMac and I've included the specs below.

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: iMac
    Model Identifier: iMac14,2
    Processor Name: Intel Core i5
    Processor Speed: 3.2 GHz
    Number of Processors: 1
    Total Number of Cores: 4
    L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
    L3 Cache: 6 MB
    Memory: 8 GB
    Boot ROM Version: 137.0.0.0.0
    SMC Version (system): 2.15f7
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Hi there! So all of our technical help has moved to The Sims 3 AHQ it will help more for you to post this there as this thread has been inactive for a very long time. I'm going to go ahead and close this off. If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top