Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lot sizes!!! Help

Ok guys n gals I finally got to try sims 3. Been waiting so long.... So what I am confused on, and should probably get a full prima guide, is if you can change the size of lots or choose lot sizes to place? Empty lots? In sims 2 this was possible but not sure if it is nor how to in sims 3. Thank you for reading and happy simming to all!

Comments

• Pyronium3Pyronium3 Posts: 443 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Sims 3 currently doesn't seem to allow players to adjust lots in any way, except build on them of course. I'm afraid you have to do with the lots that are already in the hood.

I do remember reading something about a neighborhood editor, which is supposedly going to be released.. sometime. However, I can't say if this has ever been confirmed.

Have fun Simming!
  • addict1220addict1220 Posts: 3,778 New Member
    edited June 2009
    OK. From what I can tell, you have to work with the lots that are already there. You can kind of poke around the neighborhood and look for empty lots. If you click, it will show you the size and then you can click build if that's the size you want. Additionally, if it's a residential and you want community, you can click a button on the same screen to change it.

What I've decided to do is make a copy of my neighborhood and delete a bunch of the premades to make room for building and downloads.

Hope this helps.

Addict
  • Missaaliyah812Missaaliyah812 Posts: 618 Member
    edited June 2009
    Apparently we can take smaller lots and put them on the bigger lots to create more garden etc...
  • fubarmonkeyfubarmonkey Posts: 25 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm guessing that with EA's future intention to release a neighborhood editor, it will allow us to modify lot sizes as we want them in the neighborhood.

Frankly I've been okay with the biggest lot I've seen (60x60) and the smallest lots (30x30). If you really need to build something bigger than 60x60, I think you need to revise your floor plan :P. The only thing that does bother me is that you're limited to where the neighborhood allows you to place them. I guess it's a tradeoff of sorts. Sims 2 let you build your own neighborhoods (via SC4) and place lots (almost) anywhere but you had to use perpendicular roads and only 2 kinds of bridges. Sims 3 has nice curved roads and more varied landscape but is very rigid on placement. I think it's a somewhat fair tradeoff.
  • missgracie361missgracie361 Posts: 448 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Today, I downloaded a "featured" house, one that is on a lake. I could not find a single spot large enough to hold that house. I am bummed. I really took some time to look too, no luck.