Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Group Meal - I Need Info Please!!

I have failed at every offer to make a group meal. I can't see the stove or refrigerator offering to choose it.

So how DOES a cook make a group meal?

Also I've gotten offers to boast about my cooking prowess but I can't find anything in my chat to use for that.

Comments

• SXyPiXieSXyPiXie Posts: 28 New Member
    edited June 2009
    i assume you mean group meal like refered to in some of the skill opportunities.
    where your friend wants to pay you to make them a group meal or something.

this just meens you need to use the serve option on the fridge to make a plate of it (more than one serving). then drag the plate into your inventory. and go and give it to your pal.

fridges are so great in TS3 now you should be making a plate of food all the time and choosing "put away leftovers" after you have eaten a plate.
    then you can quickly grab a full meal out of the fridge for a few days, longer if you have a good fridge.
  • EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    edited June 2009
    Yeah you just 'serve a meal'. I'm not sure if you have to but, I moved it into my Sims personal inventory and then found the Sim in town (since she was never at home). When I clicked on her, I had the option to 'deliver meal' and completed the opportunity.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • tigey333tigey333 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I Have had so many problems with this... cooked the group meal, put it into my inventory, found the sim that requested it, and the option came up to give them the meal but I couldn't select it because apparently the meal is not in the inventory or the correct inventory... 🐸🐸🐸🐸?!
    I even went to their house and my sim put it at their back door but nothing, I have no idea what the problem is... so confused.
  • TheRealTacomamaTheRealTacomama Posts: 109 Member
    edited June 2009
    How do I put it into the inventory? Buy mode? This has been bothering me- I served a meal but can't do anything with it.
    Simming for twenty years...
    edited June 2009
    You drag it from the kitchen bench to your sims inventory (backpack), things that are not food you can drag to the family inventory (picture of box in buy mode).
  • fireflier75fireflier75 Posts: 99 New Member
    edited June 2009
    The way I have done it was have sim put leftovers in frig the open frig and transfer to personal inventory by clicking and dragging . Be careful though the food will spoil in personal inventory.
  • fireflier75fireflier75 Posts: 99 New Member
    edited June 2009
    though this was for the cookies. I then delivered it. I haven't done the group meal for a friend yet.
    edited June 2009
    Thanks for that, I'll try that way then :)

Yeah I have the cookie one to do now, failed the friend one :(
  • Petal89Petal89 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited June 2009
    So what if you don't have the serve meal option? Do you have to have lots of cooking experience or should it just be there? i don't have it and i keep failing opportunities cause i can't put a meal in my inventory... :(
  • EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    edited June 2009
    The Sim I completed it on had 3 in cooking. Every stove or fridge should have the "Serve breakfast/lunch/dinner" option. Be careful when putting them into your inventory though, I think cooked food may not last as long as others. A warning popped up when I put it in my inventory but I was distracted and missed what it said.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • Petal89Petal89 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Okay well thanks. i will try it again and see what happens. :D
  • WIKIDSIM2K4WIKIDSIM2K4 Posts: 35 New Member
    edited June 2009
    it might have to be in the family inventory I had a repair a tv oppertunity and i had to have it in the family inventory for me to take it back home and fix then deliver.. and yes goto build/buy and the inventory is there or check the "lessons"
    for more detail hope this helps guys.
  • Suenell73Suenell73 Posts: 83 Member
    edited June 2009
    Ahh thank you oh so much for the input! Now I'll know what to do next time I'm offered to make a "group" meal. This wording should be changed as it is "old school" from the TS2 appliances having the "make group meal" offer.

At one point she had to repair her very nice stereo and got electrocuted. LOLZ how funny is that? Afterward she wanted to sell it so I did and it made her happy. ROFL