Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Death of a newborn baby

My sim parent was taking her baby out in the stroller when the "free holiday" message came up and all the adults in the family got into cabs and disappeared. The baby'c icon vanished completely, and then a message came up that a family car had been sold for 63,000 simoleans due to a death in the family.

When the adults came back the baby didn't, even though there were still wishes for sims to snuggle her in some of the adults outstanding wishes.

The mother aged up to senior the night they all returned, so they cannot have another baby. I saved during the holiday as I'm getting constant error 12 so everytime anything happens I save the game - or try to.

I can't find anything on the forum index under baby death but I assume I'm not the only person to lose a child this way.

Comments

• AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited December 2012
    Personally, I wouldn't have taken the free vacay with a baby in the household.
    Did you even have a teen to watch the baby? Even with a teen, I can't see it being a good idea this case because the teen would still need to attend school and could not watch the baby 24/7.

I'm sorry to hear about your baby. I'm thinking that you didn't exit without saving. :( If you haven't saved again, you might be able to delete your current save (save it alone on some external source - like a flashdrive) and use your backup save (rename it and take backup out of save name).
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Hawkflight1066Hawkflight1066 Posts: 245 Member
    edited December 2012
    Hmm, I bought Generations last Friday cause I wanted a spiral staircase. I didn't even think to refuse the free holiday - not knowing it would risk the loss of the baby. I shall try that if it ever happens again when there's a new baby in the family.

Because of the error code 12 that stops me saving my game I try to save after any significant event so I don't have to replay too much time. Birthdays, weddings, births, deaths all cause my game to glitch now and get error code 12. I saved my game as soon as the adults went on holiday and by then it was too late to save the baby unfortunately.

Thanks for pointing out that a holiday offer can be refused.
    edited December 2012
    :( I've never had error code 12. Is that the Vista related one? I have Windows 7.

Yeah, when the announcement came up, you should have been able to say yes or no.
    I'm thinking since the vacation is strictly for the "adults", something must have glitched when they tried to take the baby. The free vacations are added to give teens the chance to get themselves into a party scenario where they can be responsible or the party gets out of hand and they get in trouble.
  • DeandylanDeandylan Posts: 496 Member
    edited December 2012
    Sorry about the baby. I only get free vacation offers when there's a teen in the household. I wonder how this happened?
    edited December 2012
    This family had a teen in the house, hence the invitation, but also the first baby of another family member. Last night I had another free vacation invite,but at the moment there is an adopted toddler in the same family, so I refused it.

The odd thing is that when the loading screen comes up with the family members in the scene the mother is still holding the missing baby girl in her arms even though she is nowhere to be found in the game!
    edited December 2012
    Hmm...it must still have something to do with the baby being in possession of an adult. :(

How many times have you been back in that save since this happened?
    The baby would probably still show the first time you go back in because the picture may not update until after you reenter. I could be wrong because I've never noticed in any of my saves in TS3, but I know that's what happened in TS2.
    edited December 2012
    Sorted!

I had an idea - every time I logged in the babe in arms was still in the family picture,in her mother's arms. So - sudden inspiration.

I split the family and moved mum to the clipboard. Then I looked at the family picture. In granny's arms was a toddler! I moved mum back in to the family and loaded them. And behold - they now have an aged up toddler baby girl. She is back.

This caused all sorts of problems, since just about every adult in the family except the daughter who aged up to a young adult yesterday and the son who just aged up from toddler is about to die from old age. I've had to use the fountain of use to extend mum and dad's lives so there will be someone to take care of and train up the toddler.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited December 2012
    You don't get the free vacation till you have a teen in the household. I just did that "free vacation" thing and a free babysitter came over to watch my toddler when my teen and his younger brother were in school. The only thing that went wrong was that my game glitched and the parents didn't come home; I had to move the family to the clipboard and back into the house, which not only reset the parents but brought their daughter home from boarding school 10 days early, so I had to re-enroll her.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • CranberryAppleCranberryApple Posts: 186 New Member
    edited December 2012
    This family had a teen in the house, hence the invitation, but also the first baby of another family member. Last night I had another free vacation invite,but at the moment there is an adopted toddler in the same family, so I refused it.

The odd thing is that when the loading screen comes up with the family members in the scene the mother is still holding the missing baby girl in her arms even though she is nowhere to be found in the game!

Spooky, but I am glad to hear you got your little one back. It is almost as if she was abducted by aliens and brought back as an older child. I haven't had any issues so far with vacationing. :shock: