Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

we should be able to do Vegetable Nectar

for sure its a mystery whether The Nectar drinks are alcoholic or not. Its either Juice or wine, One thing is for sure though. we should be able to turn veggies into nectar, as Vegetable juice and Vegetable wine exist:

Vegetable wine:

rhubarb
http://www.beerritz.co.uk/csi/1717043200/i/pzi/lindisfarne-rhubarb-wine-70cl.jpg

carrot:
carrot-wine-40-karat.jpg

pumpkin:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRqqJQ-s9rOspJJn_BYTkaoPBfGlofdwy9smmOY1YejqOnh7KViwA

also we can juice vegetables as well. No excuses EA, on the next EP we should be able to make ake nectars out of veggies.

----
One more thing even flowers can be juiced:
AAAAC5AlgMgAAAAAAEx9qQ.jpg?v=1242588057000

Comments

• GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    edited December 2012
    We can make nectar in World Adventures expansion, with nectar making skill. :wink:
  • albertwhiskeralbertwhisker Posts: 596 New Member
    edited December 2012
    GREENEYA wrote:
    We can make nectar in World Adventures expansion, with nectar making skill. :wink:

not with vegetables and fruits that are treated as vegetables.
    edited December 2012
    Just in case Nectar is not alcoholic, there are commercial vegetable juices too:

Lettuce Juice:
    DSC_0436.jpg

truffles juice:
    675822.jpg%5D,size%5B215x215%5D,qual%5B80%5D&call=url%5Bfile:std.image%5D

aloe vera and Broccoli:
    broccoli-juice.jpg

Please EA let us make Vegetable Nectar,

I just remembered Vodka is made of potatoes.
  • bosslaydeebosslaydee Posts: 3,976 Member
    edited December 2012
    GREENEYA wrote:
    he knows this. but what he wants is to make nectar out of vegetables.

if its juice, carrot and tomato juice are quite popular and delicious.
    if its wine.. everything seems super gross. lol
    edited December 2012
    Carrot and rhubarb wine is actually good,and we all know Vodka is popular, :-) and its made from potatoes, It maybe gross to us but Sims eats crocodile and goldfish sushi anyway. so yeah I want Vegetable Nectar in the game.

There is a garlic wine and look at these guys reaction:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q47_7YvkUfo :P

I heard Tomato wine is horrendous while tomato Juice, is good.......as a marinade. :mrgreen:
  • bosslaydeebosslaydee Posts: 3,976 Member
    edited December 2012
    Carrot and rhubarb wine is actually good,and we all know Vodka is popular, :-) and its made from potatoes, It maybe gross to us but Sims eats crocodile and goldfish sushi anyway. so yeah I want Vegetable Nectar in the game.

There is a garlic wine and look at these guys reaction:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q47_7YvkUfo :P

I heard Tomato wine is horrendous while tomato Juice, is good.......as a marinade. :mrgreen:
    You know, you're right. Sims do eat a lot of different things. They are anything but picky. And I had no idea vodka was potatoes, blech! I knew beer was barley though! Lol
  • GAMESweetGGAMESweetG Posts: 1,214 Member
    edited December 2012
    OP I know you wanted to have the term wine instead of Nectar.

If your interested in or already using mods. You can try this mod to change nectar name term into wine term in link below.

http://www6.modthesims.info/download.php?t=480356

And yes I think its a good idea to have vegetable juices as well.
    sims_forum_sig01OxVtU_display.jpg
    YouTube: Good Sweet Games | SoundCloud: GAMESuite Tunes | Pinterest: GAMESuite Pins | Twitter: GAMESweetG
  • kethrydrakekethrydrake Posts: 2,389 Member
    edited December 2012
    I don't think the OP cares about the name. EA chose a term that is somewhat ambiguous. But you are right that pretty much anything can be juiced or fermented to create a potable liquid (how potable is a matter of taste). V8 is a mixture of several different vegetables.

For that matter why can't our sims use nectar in their cooking? Cooking burns off most of the alcohol content, leaving only the flavor behind.
    edited December 2012
    :lol: wow that mods changes a small detail but its so major. Now I need something that can make nectar out of the veggies. more vegetable wines:

blog_event-147959-296-2.1217944987.jpeg

mushroom
    oimg_GC00996855_CA03032136.jpg
    edited December 2012
    I don't think the OP cares about the name. EA chose a term that is somewhat ambiguous. But you are right that pretty much anything can be juiced or fermented to create a potable liquid (how potable is a matter of taste). V8 is a mixture of several different vegetables.

For that matter why can't our sims use nectar in their cooking? Cooking burns off most of the alcohol content, leaving only the flavor behind.

I remember my aunt adds wine on her pasta recipe, her family dont get drunk with it.

I just found out that there are juice drinks and wines where expensive metals like Gold and silver are added, that would be a good addition for making nectars too.
    edited March 2013
    bump