Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS3 and Windows 8.

Hello - quick question, it's possible that I might be getting a new desktop soon, however it comes with Windows 8, and I was just wondering whether it's likely to be compatible(and work correctly?), with The Sims 3?

I believe I read somewhere that it was updated to work with Seasons, but knowing how unpredictable these things can be, I just wanted to make sure with those who have actually tried it. I don't want to spend all that money on a new computer that won't even run the game.

The desktop will be an ASUS(if that makes any difference).

Thanks! :)

Comments

• kiwi84kiwi84 Posts: 1,087 Member
    edited December 2012
    I am getting a new Asus to :) I just read on what a pc had to have to being able to play sims 3, and nothing about windows 8. I hope this is something that will change soon, as I really was looking forward playing sims on my new pc!

Maybe someone will know?
  • BlueShreveBlueShreve Posts: 550 Member
    edited December 2012
    I recently bought a new desktop with windows 8. I don't think windows 8 is compatible with anything. OMG it was so bad I took the whole computer back.

I hope EA does make it compatible, because I am going to need a new computer soon.
    ZH6FuAy.png
    ----> Check out and download my creations HERE <----
    ----> View my Showcase thread HERE <----
    edited December 2012
    Oh no! Really? That is so disapointing to hear.. Have been so exited to get my new pc..
  • Bronwin2Bronwin2 Posts: 2,010 Member
    edited December 2012
    My Sims 3 runs just fine under Win 8 Pro.
  • NuclearNuclear Posts: 60 Member
    edited December 2012
    Yes, it works fine with Windows 8 (well, as good as it ran on Windows 7 - we all know there are some problems with TS3). I've had no problems whatsoever running any application on Windows 8.
    edited December 2012
    That is good to know :)